Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

I'll be ticked if they outshopped Grace's animation to an inferior group or something...

There is unfortunately a lot of that going around.

While I understand the necessity of doing it for a tv series, I do hope they didn't do it for 2 hour film!

hmmm...since everyone who asks about it (including myself) are being ignored, I'll just answer with what I know

the movie has been out since late September 09, but apparently Japanese theaters project movies with an IR signal that block any recording device from catching anything (pretty cool by the way)

so no torrents yet

I clicked on that link of a guy who apparently did screencaps of the whole movie that had some sort of Grace fanservice, didn't see it to not spoil myself, but I'm curious how he got those screencaps

hmmm...since everyone who asks about it (including myself) are being ignored, I'll just answer with what I know

the movie has been out since late September 09, but apparently Japanese theaters project movies with an IR signal that block any recording device from catching anything (pretty cool by the way)

Whoa, even that's not right.

The movie came out in Japan on November 21st, 2009 and it only had a limited theater showing which just got expanded in mid/late December. We don't have a DVD/Blu-Ray release date yet SO STOP ASKING. When we are informed of a home video release date, someone will post it here or in the Scoopa thread.

so no torrents yet

I clicked on that link of a guy who apparently did screencaps of the whole movie that had some sort of Grace fanservice, didn't see it to not spoil myself, but I'm curious how he got those screencaps

The movie was released in November 21st. No cam versions have appeared online so I guess we'll have to wait until the DVD / BR is released (should be around June or so).

Same thing happened with Evangelion 1.0, no cam recordings were available online until it was shown outside of Japan several months later... by then, the DVD had already been announced.

Ooops, my mistake, I thought it was on September

didn't meant to offend anyone azrael, I was just answering since a few people had asked with no answer, it's a bit difficult to sort over this already massive thread when it's full of spoilers and nobody was kind enough to type two letters saying "no" while they kept discussing a Grace fanservice

Ooops, my mistake, I thought it was on September

didn't meant to offend anyone azrael, I was just answering since a few people had asked with no answer, it's a bit difficult to sort over this already massive thread when it's full of spoilers and nobody was kind enough to type two letters saying "no" while they kept discussing a Grace fanservice

Love the avatar, but this is still Stewie's best moment.

Taksraven

If anime like "Chu/o(?) Bra" are any indication anime is just getting more depraved. Don't get me wrong I can enjoy some fan service and just plain find some if it funny but I think it is starting to get more and more out of hand. <_< I wouldn't show half the anime I watched last season to anyone, even some of my buddies who like anime.......they liked Macross Frontier but my "other" friends thought it was stupid although they did like the CG dogfights.

As to series I use the following anime to introduce people to anime:

Ghost in the Shell SAC

Macross Plus or Macross Zero

Spice and Wolf (fan service in there but not so bad)

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood

Kimi ni Todoke - I love this show I don't care what anyone says about it.

Darker than Black

Eden of the East

etc.

Mainly I try to stay away from Fanservice/Harems and stay with story/action animes. Some comedy but there isn't many Japanesse anime comidies that aren't full of fan service. The episode of Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi where they are stuck in the movies usually goes over well here.

Shows like Kampfer, Queen’s Blade, Kiddy Girl from last season........ shudder.........and even I regret watching them.

I have tried using Macross Frontier (because of it's great animation) to introduce people to anime but they see the J Pop being sung during the fights and the fan service and it's an instant turn off. I liked Macross Frontier but I think they have taken a step backwards from what we got with Plus and Zero. Still not as bad as Macross 7 though.....the only time I enjoyed that show was when Gamlin, Max or Mira where on the screen.

I have tried using Macross Frontier (because of it's great animation) to introduce people to anime but they see the J Pop being sung during the fights and the fan service and it's an instant turn off. I liked Macross Frontier but I think they have taken a step backwards from what we got with Plus and Zero. Still not as bad as Macross 7 though.....the only time I enjoyed that show was when Gamlin, Max or Mira where on the screen.

Likewise...

I showed my co-workers episode 1 of frontier on a Zune, and general reaction was very positive especially when valks were launching from ARMDs to engage the Varja, while accompanied by the Jpop as BGM... B))

that is... until Sheryl's stage dress started to dissolve... and revealed her two piece suspender outfit <_<

Gratuitous fan service is not well accepted by the general public. :rolleyes:

Likewise...

I showed my co-workers episode 1 of frontier on a Zune, and general reaction was very positive especially when valks were launching from ARMDs to engage the Varja, while accompanied by the Jpop as BGM... B))

that is... until Sheryl's stage dress started to dissolve... and revealed her two piece suspender outfit <_<

Gratuitous fan service is not well accepted by the general public. :rolleyes:

Well it depends who you are showing it too and why, I suppose. The first question that comes to my mind is why on earth you feel the need to show people. I think most anime fans go through the whole 'I have to convert my friends' stage when they are in, say, junior high or so, but co-workers??

If they were anime fans to begin with, then I dont see what the problem is. Fanservice has always been a big part of anime and while it seems to be more blatant now than in the past, it was always there - the Knight Sabers in their underwear in BGC, the catgirls in Dominion Tank Police, etc.

The thing is, while I think a lot of the fanservice in Macross F is overdone, the Sherryl stuff usually isnt imo. She is supposed to be a popular pop idol and they DO tend to dress rather skimpily in music videos. I mean, compare Sherryl to, say, a Kumi Koda music video for example! Sherryl is a pretty accurate representation of what pop singers dress like, just like all the CM songs that Ranka does in the movie are pretty damn similar to what an idol singer has to do to build up a career. I think its pretty interesting that this is an angle that is portrayed in Macross F, not just the typical 1 dimensional idol singer cutout kinda character.

Then again, I wouldnt try to introduce friends to anime. They like their stuff, I like mine. And if I DID, I sure as hell wouldnt use something as niche as Macross F. Hmmm... Id probably try something like Summer Wars actually.

Well it depends who you are showing it too and why, I suppose. The first question that comes to my mind is why on earth you feel the need to show people. I think most anime fans go through the whole 'I have to convert my friends' stage when they are in, say, junior high or so, but co-workers??

If they were anime fans to begin with, then I dont see what the problem is. Fanservice has always been a big part of anime and while it seems to be more blatant now than in the past, it was always there - the Knight Sabers in their underwear in BGC, the catgirls in Dominion Tank Police, etc.

The thing is, while I think a lot of the fanservice in Macross F is overdone, the Sherryl stuff usually isnt imo. She is supposed to be a popular pop idol and they DO tend to dress rather skimpily in music videos. I mean, compare Sherryl to, say, a Kumi Koda music video for example! Sherryl is a pretty accurate representation of what pop singers dress like, just like all the CM songs that Ranka does in the movie are pretty damn similar to what an idol singer has to do to build up a career. I think its pretty interesting that this is an angle that is portrayed in Macross F, not just the typical 1 dimensional idol singer cutout kinda character.

Then again, I wouldnt try to introduce friends to anime. They like their stuff, I like mine. And if I DID, I sure as hell wouldnt use something as niche as Macross F. Hmmm... Id probably try something like Summer Wars actually.

These were 'selected' co-workers (engineers) who's into Dirty Pair, D&D and Robotech. ^_^

I guess how it went was they mentioned they liked Robotech by the water cooler, so I figure I show them the "robotech" part from episode 1.

Now that you mentioned those anicent anime, didn't Dirty Pair have plenty of fan service? Or was that tame compared to the stuff available today. :D

BTW Tochiro, could you please explain the last track of the Ranka CD Album? What is it about, and why is there no lyrics in the insert? :huh:

Edited by nanoplasm

These were 'selected' co-workers (engineers) who's into Dirty Pair, D&D and Robotech. ^_^

I guess how it went was they mentioned they liked Robotech by the water cooler, so I figure I show them the "robotech" part from episode 1.

Now that you mentioned those anicent anime, didn't Dirty Pair have plenty of fan service? Or was that tame compared to the stuff available today. :D

BTW Tochiro, could you please explain the last track of the Ranka CD Album? What is it about, and why is there no lyrics in the insert? :huh:

Well I'm at work so I can't check the cover, but from memory its just a sampler for a full song thats due to be in the second movie.

I know what I saw of Dirty Pair was heavy on the fanservice. Tame next to some stuff today, or even near its time, but someone who's seen a lot of Dirty Pair and gets freaked out by Sheryl's first concert probably hasn't seen it in years and doesn't remember it so well.

I know what I saw of Dirty Pair was heavy on the fanservice. Tame next to some stuff today, or even near its time, but someone who's seen a lot of Dirty Pair and gets freaked out by Sheryl's first concert probably hasn't seen it in years and doesn't remember it so well.

Perhaps under-bra cleavage can be quite eye-popping when mixed in with scenes of Itano Circus. :lol:

Well I'm at work so I can't check the cover, but from memory its just a sampler for a full song thats due to be in the second movie.

Thanks. Now it makes sense why it didn't sound a whole song.

Edited by nanoplasm

Why should you not try to introduce co-workers and friends to things you like? Unless they have no interest in your private life and want to be left alone, of course. But if they ask, why not?

マクロスFの映画終わりましたが、超大人気で満席でと迫力に涙涙でしたから次回作に期待してます!

でも他のサイトでも言ってますが、Fより前にマクロス・フラッシュバック後が気になって仕方ないのですが・・・・

メガロード01のその後を作品にしてくれたらと署名活動やってるのですが英語で入力してくる方い無いのですが

ぜひともこちらにお待ちしてます。

http://www.shomei.tv/project-1202.html

Edited by Mari-ja

Why should you not try to introduce co-workers and friends to things you like? Unless they have no interest in your private life and want to be left alone, of course. But if they ask, why not?

Work is work. My private life is my private life. Keeping one's uchi and soto separate is one of the keys to being accepted in a company. Besides which, its socially expected that you pretty much quit hobbies such as games and anime when you enter a company. So its best to keep those interests to your friends. Co-workers are for drinking and work. And occasionally some karaoke.

マクロスFの映画終わりましたが、超大人気で満席でと迫力に涙涙でしたから次回作に期待してます!

でも他のサイトでも言ってますが、Fより前にマクロス・フラッシュバック後が気になって仕方ないのですが・・・・

メガロード01のその後を作品にしてくれたらと署名活動やってるのですが英語で入力してくる方い無いのですが

ぜひともこちらにお待ちしてます。

http://www.shomei.tv/project-1202.html

google translate:

"Macross F is the movie ended, I look forward to his next tears were tears from the jam-packed with powerful and very popular!

The other site I can tell you, F I feel a great deal of concern after the prior Macross Flashback

I無I mega load of 01 who is typing in English is coming are you doing active work gives me the sign and the subsequent

We are waiting here badly"

babel fish:

"The movie of [makurosu] F it ended, but because with super large popularity full with the seat it was the tear tear in force, expecting to the next work, it increases! Saying with so, and the other sight it increases, but from F before the rear of the [makurosu] flashback becoming matter of concern, it is to be helpless, but that when it makes after that the work of… [megarodo] 01, signature activity doing, it is [ru], but the one which is input with English it is not to be, but we waiting regardless in this, it increases"

but what does it mean...?

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

google translate:

"Macross F is the movie ended, I look forward to his next tears were tears from the jam-packed with powerful and very popular!

The other site I can tell you, F I feel a great deal of concern after the prior Macross Flashback

I無I mega load of 01 who is typing in English is coming are you doing active work gives me the sign and the subsequent

We are waiting here badly"

babel fish:

"The movie of [makurosu] F it ended, but because with super large popularity full with the seat it was the tear tear in force, expecting to the next work, it increases! Saying with so, and the other sight it increases, but from F before the rear of the [makurosu] flashback becoming matter of concern, it is to be helpless, but that when it makes after that the work of… [megarodo] 01, signature activity doing, it is [ru], but the one which is input with English it is not to be, but we waiting regardless in this, it increases"

but what does it mean...?

Petition to revive Macross 7. <_<

Work is work. My private life is my private life. Keeping one's uchi and soto separate is one of the keys to being accepted in a company. Besides which, its socially expected that you pretty much quit hobbies such as games and anime when you enter a company. So its best to keep those interests to your friends. Co-workers are for drinking and work. And occasionally some karaoke.

Don't forget the disruption to workplace social harmony that it causes. Which is a double-edge sword - off putting to those having their arm twisted to do something that they'd rather not, and later, being put off for having freakish tastes.

For the others, look up Wa on the following: http://www.communicaid.com/cross-cultural-...ial-culture.php

Don't forget the disruption to workplace social harmony that it causes. Which is a double-edge sword - off putting to those having their arm twisted to do something that they'd rather not, and later, being put off for having freakish tastes.

For the others, look up Wa on the following: http://www.communicaid.com/cross-cultural-...ial-culture.php

Obviously there is some difference between Japanese work place culture and that of US. ^_^

Here in Germany, co-workers are, well, as personal as they and you care to be, which I prefer much to keeping everybody at arms length.

Edited by magnuskn

Obviously there is some difference between Japanese work place culture and that of US. ^_^

I honestly wouldnt do it in an office environment in Australia either. Just seems childish to me, sorry. But hey, to each their own.

Having said which... this has gotten way off topic. So, uhm.. what were we talking about? The Frontier flick? I kinda went to see it AGAIN lol :-)

post-9325-1263093364_thumb.jpg

And then followed it up with one of THESE :-)

post-9325-1263093422_thumb.jpg

Having said which... this has gotten way off topic. So, uhm.. what were we talking about? The Frontier flick? I kinda went to see it AGAIN lol :-)

post-9325-1263093364_thumb.jpg]

Any chance you ran out of the cinema with the very nice Sheryl figure behind you?? Wouldn't blame if you had :)

Yeah i couldn't even tell that was Grace. she looks totally different. Her face is more round and the hair more blue rather than the purple it was supposed to be.

Kinda reminds of Aozaki Touko from Kara no Kyoukai and Mizuho-Sensei from Onegai Teacher put together...

http://www.deviantart.com/download/9227164..._by_Xeraxis.jpg

http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k397/ju...th_touko2-3.jpg

Nowhere. It's asked at least once per page in this thread, and the answer is the same. If one pops up somewhere, you can bet it'll probably immediately have about a half-dozen threads pop up simultaneously about it.

Mmm That really sucks... <_<