Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

You could have been more imaginative and sent him this message...... :lol: :lol:

synt.jpg

Taksraven

What my pic lacks in imagination, it makes up for in utter RIGHTNESS. You DO know where I got my user name from, right? ;)

Seriously, I've been hanging on to that pic for months now, waiting for a place to deploy it. Suddenly, an insult is made to Nanase...really, what else could I do in that situation...? :)

EDIT: Besides, James Joyce did the "See you next Tuesday" thing much better with his little rhyme in Ulysses:

"If you see Kay,

Tell him he may

See you in tea.

Tell him from me."

Edited by Gubaba

You DO know where I got my user name from, right? ;)

NEVER assume, cause........well you should know the rest.

Bet you don't know where I got my username from........... :p;)

(mine is so obscure that I should offer a prize to whoever gets it.)

Taksraven

And now for something completely different...

Macross Ace #3 has some movie reveals:

that is, in addition to the full CG tornado pack VF-25 (as opposed to the hand-painted one last month in Newtype):

new Vajra ships:

the big purple one, not only is confirmed as a Vajra ship, but as (choose your own adjective. All are used at various times in the magazine): Super Large/Giant/large Battleship.

The yellow ships around it (pointed out by yours truly in another thread in MW) are Vajra Destroyers (that's the class of ship, if it's not clear.)7

The new Vajra class is described as atrocious/fiendish/brutal/villianous (in this case, it's one Japanese adjective, but multiple possible English translations)

And now for something completely different...

Macross Ace #3 has some movie reveals:

that is, in addition to the full CG tornado pack VF-25 (as opposed to the hand-painted one last month in Newtype):

new Vajra ships:

the big purple one, not only is confirmed as a Vajra ship, but as (choose your own adjective. All are used at various times in the magazine): Super Large/Giant/large Battleship.

The yellow ships around it (pointed out by yours truly in another thread in MW) are Vajra Destroyers (that's the class of ship, if it's not clear.)7

The new Vajra class is described as atrocious/fiendish/brutal/villianous (in this case, it's one Japanese adjective, but multiple possible English translations)

New Vajra ships = good.

Taksraven

Article title says, "Macross Unofficial X(scrapped) Model (in regards to mechanical things)".

Seems like a "What if..." article when mechanical designers gone wild.

Reminds me of the concept stage of Escaflowne with Valkyries.

New Vajra ships = good

We had the Bishop and Knight class so in line with the chess motif they've probably name the big one either King or Queen, the smaller one Rook.

Did anyone get this months Newtype? While the double cover (Sherryl on the front and Ranka on the back) which was posted here earlier, it comes with a CD with a special recording of the Mac F radio show to commemorate the movie.

Am going through it over my morning coffee and its pretty damn funny. Personally Im loving the skits where Alto supposedly "borrows" Rankas Newtype and she wont stop pestering him about it. "I dont remember you being such an annoying character,' he says. 'Maybe I should check with KAWAMORI, HMMM?'

lol

Other highlights include Klan wanting Michele to take her to tha Macross movie - oh and people giving poo to Kawamori's eyebrows, hehehe.

In one interview Nakamura claims that Alto sings the ending theme song for the movie....but at the end it turns out he was just screwing with everyone...doh^^;

Reminded me that need to pick up the drama CDs one of these days.

We had the Bishop and Knight class so in line with the chess motif they've probably name the big one either King or Queen, the smaller one Rook.

You know what? In all the books on Macross F that I've seen so far (and that's most of them), I've yet to come across any term for a Vajra ship other than "mother ship" and "carrier". Can someone please provide the source of those names?

You know what? In all the books on Macross F that I've seen so far (and that's most of them), I've yet to come across any term for a Vajra ship other than "mother ship" and "carrier". Can someone please provide the source of those names?

Those, IIRC, came from the DVD/Blu-Ray liner notes. But yeah, I haven't seen them reprinted as such since so I don't know if it will stick. Then again, I've been waiting on the Chronicle to write something concrete about the Vajra.

I've seen a fair share of Valk girls in art and real life, but that's the first time I've seen a solution for making it transformable. Makes up for the weird magical girl outfit (have to keep the Ranka=cute/Sheryl-sex dynamic going). I really like the new mini figures. Partucularly the Black bunny. Something about combining cute and chibi with evil just works for it.

The bi-plane's awesome.

Minmay in green is rather nice.

Those, IIRC, came from the DVD/Blu-Ray liner notes. But yeah, I haven't seen them reprinted as such since so I don't know if it will stick. Then again, I've been waiting on the Chronicle to write something concrete about the Vajra.

Hmm... that would be why I haven't seen them in any books. They've been hiding in liner notes.

Though, it raises another question: I have a faint memory of the liner notes being in contradiction with information published elsewhere or at a later date. I think there was even a brief debate about it in MW. Does anyone remember what that contradiction was, if it existed?

Hmm... that would be why I haven't seen them in any books. They've been hiding in liner notes.

Though, it raises another question: I have a faint memory of the liner notes being in contradiction with information published elsewhere or at a later date. I think there was even a brief debate about it in MW. Does anyone remember what that contradiction was, if it existed?

Well there was fake liner notes which Gubaba disproved.

Course I wasn't around at the time.

I know Azrael mentioned some discrepancies, but I don't remember what they were. I *think* it was for stats for the VF-25's height in battroid mode...?

I know Azrael mentioned some discrepancies, but I don't remember what they were. I *think* it was for stats for the VF-25's height in battroid mode...?

I'll have to dig for those. The discrepancy in the VF-25's battroid height is with and without the head lasers which I neglected to notice back then. The official site listed the height without, while later publications published the height with head lasers. Or vice versa. I forget.

Train Pics

"This is the Yamanote Line train bound for...Ueno and...Ikebukuro. The next stop is Kanda. Please change here for the Chuo Rapid Line, the Keihin-Tohoku Line, and the What the Hell is a Green-Haired Anime Character Doing on the Side of My Train Express. The doors on the left side will open."

Edited by Gubaba

A lot of nice scans.

Lately I don't have much time to be up to date with the news from Macross F movie but one thing I'm sure that I don't like some of the new Sheryl costumes. She was a sexy character in the series both on scene and normal life but in the good sense of the word. From what I see this time ,movie staff want to make from her some kind of sex idol. Dunno maybe I will change my opinion when I will watch the movie...

A lot of nice scans.

Lately I don't have much time to be up to date with the news from Macross F movie but one thing I'm sure that I don't like some of the new Sheryl costumes. She was a sexy character in the series both on scene and normal life but in the good sense of the word. From what I see this time ,movie staff want to make from her some kind of sex idol. Dunno maybe I will change my opinion when I will watch the movie...

Wait... I've got it! The False Idol is Grace, and she's been dressing up in those skanky costumes to ruin Sheryl's reputation!

I'm sorry, I can't keep going with a straight face.

"This is the Yamanote Line train bound for...Ueno and...Ikebukuro. The next stop is Kanda. Please change here for the Chuo Rapid Line, the Keihin-Tohoku Line, and the What the Hell is a Green-Haired Anime Character Doing on the Side of My Train Express. The doors on the left side will open."

Damn you, Gubaba! I can actually hear the announcer's voice in my head saying that! I can hear her saying it in Japanese and English, to boot!

God, I miss the Yamanote line's announcer! Too bad they changed it the last time I was there. The voice sounds similar, yet different. Maybe she had a cold when she recorded the newer version of the station announcements.

Damn you, Gubaba! I can actually hear the announcer's voice in my head saying that! I can hear her saying it in Japanese and English, to boot!

God, I miss the Yamanote line's announcer! Too bad they changed it the last time I was there. The voice sounds similar, yet different. Maybe she had a cold when she recorded the newer version of the station announcements.

Yeah...when I was there in 2007/2008, the voice had kind of a sexy lilt to it. When I was there earlier this year, I didn't like the voice as much. The new announcer (and I believe it's a computer-created voice, but I'm not sure), however, does pronounce "Mejiro" in a much more comprehensible fashion, however.

And can you believe I pulled that announcement purely from memory? The Yamanote announcements between Nippori and Shinjuku are burned into my brain.