Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

Unite? Not so much. Galaxy Anonymous were transhumanist traitors.

To them you are either another parallel processor or you are dead if you resist.

That's why I said "achieved by questionable means". A bunch of parallel processors human race is still a "united human race" :lol:

The way they did it in MF was hyper rushed.

- EP 1-12: Bugs are evil.

- EP 13-23: Muahaha, Grace is evil and blows planet. Bugs and Frontier, kill each other (like in the last 12 episodes but cooler looking) Muahaha.

- Last 2 episodes: "Well, actually we want to make a Real Time Galactic Interwebs. It also means there has to be a central Webserver manned by us... Muahaha".

That said, I did enjoy MF. But it isn't the best thing I've seen by far.

Grace was a pretty fail villain. It was so obvious from early on too.

Anyway, do we know how the dimension eater works exactly yet?

Also, did Briler(The Minmei/Train Otaku) assist grace? He didn't seem to really be on her side... but didn't he want the network too? Or something. I forget the specifics.

Grace was a pretty fail villain. It was so obvious from early on too.

Anyway, do we know how the dimension eater works exactly yet?

Also, did Briler(The Minmei/Train Otaku) assist grace? He didn't seem to really be on her side... but didn't he want the network too? Or something. I forget the specifics.

The guy was in the fence. On one side he wants to find Minmay either by exploiting the Vajra's fold quartz ,Leon's plan, or going along with what Galaxy Anonymous network scheme.

On another he did give his own boys a fighting chance by tipping off Capt. Wilder.

If episode 15 means anything Galaxy Anonymous does not trust Bilrer because they don't know what he is pulling. Why manipulate the Frontier government into going towards that region of space. The guy is probably richer than they are.

This sort of uncertainty was used by Leon and Grace to exploit Luca towards their side.

In episode 16 Bilrer told Alto he wanted to unite the children of the Protoculture (Humans, Zentradi, Zolan etc) using fold quartz. Travel within the galaxy would be no hassle.

Course Luca was afraid Bilrer will monopolize fold quartz technology.

MF movie CM 02, no new scene

http://extr.b-ch.com/freemv/view/macross_f_mv/index.html

This page's font color, from top to bottom

Blue<-------------Alto

Purple, Orange<--------Sheryl

the last, Green<--------Ranka

SO.....

MF Official website's master is Sheryl's fans

AHAHA

^^

A

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI5MTE0NzIw.html

B

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI5MTE0ODM2.html

Edited by kresphy

Double post:

I've started a translation of the 2009.11 Newtype article. Looks like there are some really big changes to the story.

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g35645#msg35645

New stuff:

It looks like they're focusing and expanding on the Sheryl-as-Galaxy-agent that was briefly touched on in the series. Which, IMHO, is a good thing, as the Vajra didn't make a very good enemy, but the Galaxy conspirators did. I also like how they've changed the them of the movie to something different from the TV series.

Appreciate your effort, but the link doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Most of that stuff you're complaining about didn't matter to DYRL's story.

Next you'll be complaining about Bigg's lack of screentime in Star Wars.

It's true. Seriously, as an editor myself, I will tell you that even if they did shoot (or animate in this case) any of the scenes you were talking about, they would have wound up on the editing room floor. (Not so much anymore since we all use computers, but figuratively speaking). t's difficult to tell an 18 and 1/2 hour story (the original TV series) into 2 hours. You have to tell as much story as you can in a very, very short period of time. Every single scene needs to move the story foreword. Or develop character. None of the elements from the original series were relevant to the overall plot of the DYRL movie, and thereby eradicated. Besides, the creators wanted to take DYRL into a different direction than the original animated TV show.

Macross was much more popular than the original creators had anticipated, which lead to the creation of the movie. Back then, a show aired in Japan, and that was the end. If memory serves, Macross as a bit of a mildstone in Japan since it aired more than once.

I also know the Macross team was striving to have Macross have it's own identity separate of that of Robotech. I remember Carl Macek saying something along the lines that he could not use his original idea for Robotech The Movie, because it's ties to the Macross saga, and the producers of the Do You Remember Love movie didn't want any confusion from the Robotech movie and their movie.

The "cannon" of Macross today stems from DYRL, NOT the TV show. So, as a fan, you can appreciate the TV show and love it, but it is no longer relevant to Macross since every spinoff/sequel preceding it branches from the movie . Now, that doesn't mean you can't still love the TV show. Macross Frontier was throwing in all kinds of homages to the TV series. The Tuna head can be seen in the background at one of the restaurants. The entire catching the falling girl from certain death while flying a valkyrie in guardian mode was even thrown in.

The first time I saw DYRL, I hated it. "Clash of the Bionoids," I think was the USA title. It was edited and butchered to crap. I saw the uncut version about 10 years ago or so, and just fell in love. I know some fans will NEVER have a true love of DYRL. To the lot of us, myself included, we look at the TV series with a sense of nostalgia. It was the original, and thereby it means a lot to us. But that is all it can be from now on.

DYRL is cannon. Give yourself some time. Deculture! You will open up to it. It is a fantastic film. The pacing is off, but overall, fantastic.

Edited by mospeadamacrosstech

The "cannon" of Macross today stems from DYRL, NOT the TV show. So, as a fan, you can appreciate the TV show and love it, but it is no longer relevant to Macross since every spinoff/sequel preceding it branches from the movie . Now, that doesn't mean you can't still love the TV show. Macross Frontier was throwing in all kinds of homages to the TV series. The Tuna head can be seen in the background at one of the restaurants. The entire catching the falling girl from certain death while flying a valkyrie in guardian mode was even thrown in.

[...]

DYRL is cannon. Give yourself some time. Deculture! You will open up to it. It is a fantastic film. The pacing is off, but overall, fantastic.

It's more complicated then that, both DYRL and the TV show are canon. Later sequels primarily use the TV show storyline and DYRL graphics but even this get's mixed at times. There is a thread on MW where the Macross continuity gets dicussed in regard to an interview by Kawamori. He states that there is one 'real' Macross story/continuity but all the Macross shows have limits (whether commerical, technical or others) that creat a distorted image.

To put it simply Macross in all its incarnations is meta-fiction within the Macross universe. That is what Shouji Kawamori basically said.

Plus the fact Kawamori loved the DYRL designs.

Watch Macross 7 The Galaxy is Calling Me and you get the idea that DYRL is a movie canonically.

Also Macross 7 episode 37 also references the ruins is reminicent of the DYRL movie.

On the otherhand according to Big West Macross II is a direct sequel to DYRL.

Well the idea of everything being some interpretation of the "real events" holds true once you consider there's at least three versions of the original Macross story (TV show, DYRL, and now Macross the First) and two equally viable versions of Macross Plus. As far as DYRL's position of popularity in the franchise, it was a pretty successful anime movie. Also, it was released on VHS at the beginning of the home video market. As such it was the first time anyone could really own a complete Macross story and watch it again and again. It's the same reason why the original Transformers: The Movie is regarded by many as an important part of that franchise. It was readily available at a time when trying to collect an entire series on tape was difficult.

Completed the translation (well, as much as I feel motivated to) of the article in the October Newtype: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g35645#msg35645

There are some "hints of new twists", especially in some of the captions. Hopefully next month's issue (what with MF getting the cover and a DVD insert!) there will be a lot more solid revelations on the movie. Fingers crossed.

Completed the translation (well, as much as I feel motivated to) of the article in the October Newtype: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g35645#msg35645

There are some "hints of new twists", especially in some of the captions. Hopefully next month's issue (what with MF getting the cover and a DVD insert!) there will be a lot more solid revelations on the movie. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the translation.

The one element "Idol Talk" and "Pink Monsoon" really have in common is that they could both potentially pass for Madonna songs. Beyond that, I'm not hearing a ton of similarity. I mean, I really like "Idol Talk" (probably my second favorite Mac Plus song), but "Pink Monsoon" is quite possibly the worst song I've ever heard May'n sing.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. The chorus is catchy, but the rest is just blah.

As for canoncity, Bri's right. Kawamori basically said both versions were "based on a true story" like productions. Though I still feel DYRL is better after the series than before, as it fills in the gaps.

Interesting coverart, though Sheryl's face, like seemingly usual, is a bit odd. Who's Shiryl Nome, by the way? :lol:

Thanks for the translation. Sounds like a lot of changes to Sheryl. Sounds like they're better balancing her character.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I saw those stickers in the unfortunately-titled "Gay-Maga" magazine a couple of days ago.

I might have bought the magazine if they had a Valkyrie or at least other characters like Hikaru or Basara on them.

Actually the Macross feature in the magazine is aimed towards "new fans" who have been introduced to the Macross franchise through Ultimate Frontier and the Frontier TV show and explained that it's worth checking out the rest.

Edited by Renato

It's more complicated then that, both DYRL and the TV show are canon. Later sequels primarily use the TV show storyline and DYRL graphics but even this get's mixed at times. There is a thread on MW where the Macross continuity gets dicussed in regard to an interview by Kawamori. He states that there is one 'real' Macross story/continuity but all the Macross shows have limits (whether commerical, technical or others) that creat a distorted image.

Yeah, in the sequels we get a mix of both DYRL and TV story and design elements. Like you mentioned the TV series' story is usually used, and the DYRL designs are usually used, but there are some funny diversions form this. For example; in Macross 7 we see Milia flying a DYRL style VF-1 while wearing a TV style flight suit. In Macross Frontier we see the DYRL uniformed Zentradi squaring off against TV uniformed Zentradi on Gallia 4.

And you know what? It's aaaaaallll good.

Also, it was released on VHS at the beginning of the home video market. As such it was the first time anyone could really own a complete Macross story and watch it again and again. It's the same reason why the original Transformers: The Movie is regarded by many as an important part of that franchise. It was readily available at a time when trying to collect an entire series on tape was difficult.

And the animation on both movies is really farting good.

My fixes in bold. It should be obviois that the image is too small and the text is illegible in many places...

*The image doesn't identify them as such. But that's the name been consistantly applied to them in other materials.

I suspect it may be referring to "Zentradi" style beam cannons.

New triangler~~~~~~~~~~

24582_20091106145156_791b5094f418141b38f0fa4f95b39b95.jpg

24582_20091106145156_eec9e2dbf9680de6d384d5f9a4e764af.jpg

57169_20091106130100_f8410a6620999c04fb20b2873e376ac5.jpg

Looks more like they're going to develop the Alto / Ranka triangle more and possibly create an attraction between Brera and Sheryl.

As for the Green VF-27, the 1/250 scale box art describes it at the VF-27 Beta... B))

I suspect it may be referring to "Zentradi" style beam cannons.

Note that there is an accurate translation of the majority of the article (and especially the section on the new packs) here: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=2377.0

Also, if you notice, the comment your replying to is next to the asterix [*]. Which means that it's only applicable to the part in the text that immediately preceeds it (the fixed quote) that has an asterix affixed at the end...

... and nothing else!

Edited by sketchley

love triangle between a singer, a pilot and someone else is essential to a Macross story, althought a Macross story without a love story would be interesting

what I don't understand is the japanese obsession with bondage, I mean, look at that last image of sheryl in that masochistic dominatrix outfit, I mean, how awkward would you feel if...you're sitting on your pc watching cool valks blowing up each other in space and suddenly, cut scene to an animated almost naked bondage chick with a whip dancing like a stripper and singing as your little nephew walks in with its parent to see the "transformer cartoon" you're watching :blink:

Looks more like they're going to develop the Alto / Ranka triangle more and possibly create an attraction between Brera and Sheryl.

I thought about Brera/Sherl but it makes no sense that it would be developed even as a possibility. No sense at all. Do they even know of one another?

I'm not surprised at Alto/Ranka development though, I always kinda thought she'd win. Not that Alto is good enough for either of them though. (I like the characters and their songs about the same. Not as good as Fire Bomber but there are some gems between them that I loved.)

As much as I like Sheryl.... She needs to stop dressing like a stripper. I prefer Ranka's puffy dresses over that much (or little...) leather.

Edited by BadTroll

As much as I like Sheryl.... She needs to stop dressing like a stripper. I prefer Ranka's puffy dresses over that much (or little...) leather.

To each their own... :p

Ranka strikes me as the typical Japanese teenager, while Sheryl the typical Western teenager...

Edited by Zinjo