Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

When I saw the first images of "fake" Sheryl, I thought that SK had finally gone off the deep end and made Alto hime female :p ... not surprising given the sheer amount of trap-related content in today's anime. I'm glad I was wrong.

Still, what's up with the numerous "Let's put Alto in a dress" posters? I mean, he's the main lead male character in MF right? Nobody did that with Hikaru, Basara and Isamu.

Still, what's up with the numerous "Let's put Alto in a dress" posters? I mean, he's the main lead male character in MF right? Nobody did that with Hikaru, Basara and Isamu.

None of them was a former crossdressing kabuki star whose friends called him "Princess," so it would have been really strange if they had.

Like KillerRobot points out, there is a longstanding theatrical tradition, not just in Japan, to use males to play females. However, I suspect that Alto's characterization is because of this recent virulent trend in anime that is obsessed with effeminate looking guys.... but that's ok, Ozma's Gar level is sufficient to cover the testosterone requirement of any action flick.

Edited by Ghost Train

Kaifun and Fire Bomber American.... Oh well yeah.

Im kinda glad they only mentioned them and and nothing else other than play fire bomber on the radio...and as for Kai Fun....shove him out a airlock or something...seriously we are running out of people who where connected with the SDF-1..

On a side note...Bring back the SDF-02!

Damn. Looks like they're really mixing things up a bit. A lot of plot elements in the mix. The Sheryl falling bit is a bit of a conundrum. I know she's uber popular, but I sort of hope the production staff doesn't bend too much to playing her up as she doesn't really need it (did they really need to show the gears footage five times. (yeah, I know, three videos strung together) :p ) I'd like a more balanced triangle, and this promo's Sheryl, Sheryl, Oh hi Ranka. ^_^ Sheryl did always look better with blue/purple hair though. The CGI of the streetscene was rather awful, I must say. They're probably still working on it.

It definitely looks interesting.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

At approximately 1:36 and 1:48 you can see the Tornado Packs on the VF-25.

It's hard to tell, but it looks like the Tornado Pack VF-25 transforming @ 1:51 while being targeted (by Brera?)

Also, the words flash up: "

New song(s),

new enigma [riddle],

New story,

the galaxy's sprite [fairy] or... the goddess of war...,

the long awaited theatrical edition

new song(s),

new story,

is Sheryl a spy?!

The highest [the most, supreme] live-stage opens it's power"

At approximately 1:36 and 1:48 you can see the Tornado Packs on the VF-25.

It's hard to tell, but it looks like the Tornado Pack VF-25 transforming @ 1:51 while being targeted (by Brera?)

Also, the words flash up: "

New song(s),

new enigma [riddle],

New story,

the galaxy's sprite [fairy] or... the goddess of war...,

the long awaited theatrical edition

new song(s),

new story,

is Sheryl a spy?!

The highest [the most, supreme] live-stage opens it's power"

New story?

Is Sheryl a spy?

I'm sensing a Grace conspiracy here.

I still think that "False" diva is Alto. It can't be a coincidence that "her" hair is blue. It would also be in line with the various WTF moments Kawamori likes to insert into his shows.

I prefer to think that the False Diva is a clone of the real Sheryl or something like that.

I still think that "False" diva is Alto. It can't be a coincidence that "her" hair is blue. It would also be in line with the various WTF moments Kawamori likes to insert into his shows.

Nah. It's pretty clear that it's Sheryl.

My money is on a cyborg body, with the real Sheryl tucked away somewhere. A la Macross Plus's Sharon Apple, but the difference is that Sheryl thinks she's really occupying the cyborg body AND the Macross Galaxy group sometimes takes control of the cyborg for nefarious (read: spy) purposes.

But that's just me.

I've noticed a lot of people, not so much in this thread but in general, get totally thrown by the different hair color. In the series, all of her original stage outfits came with their own unique hair color, and you never saw her onstage in her offstage color until, what, episode 21? Now, it does go for a little bit of a sinister look, though I'll try not to read too much into that any more than I'll try to read too much into the crotch zipper. <_< It will be interesting if they do something much different with Sheryl's role in the conspiracy, but at the moment my guess is on SK teasing us more.

Nah. It's pretty clear that it's Sheryl.

My money is on a cyborg body, with the real Sheryl tucked away somewhere. A la Macross Plus's Sharon Apple, but the difference is that Sheryl thinks she's really occupying the cyborg body AND the Macross Galaxy group sometimes takes control of the cyborg for nefarious (read: spy) purposes.

But that's just me.

That would be cool, coz that way, everyone wins in the alto-sheryl "did they or didn't they" debate.

So did they do it? well, sorta yes, sorta no. :p