Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

I think the holidays should be about 1 week or so.

Unless they manufacture it by end Jan, else I seriously don't think we can see the release by the end of Feb.

That's right. According to my Chinese colleague, the Lunar New Year holiday at China wl last about 8 days fm 13/2 to 20/2. So can imagine any production muz be completed by Jan latest or miss it for Mar release :(

Ive been taking a serious break with macross stuff. It was just getting crazy expensive, and i could afford to keep up, so I went with some other toylines for awhile.

I MIGHT get this, if i see it on special. Im not super fussed on the scheme, but i see a lot of potential in making this into a Focker coloured VF-11. The 11 is one of my favourite Designs and that Yammie version one of my favourite toys, so Im willing to fork out for a second at some point.

So why did the VF-11C get pushed back to february and not the M&M VF-22's ?

Perhaps M&M 22s are easier to produce as they are just straight repaints fm previous Gamrin release. The 11C hv new gunpod design & fastpacks.

We were juz talking about 11C being pushed for Feb....that means production to be completed latest by end Jan, before the Lunar New YEar ahead. I'm quite concerned as most factory workers may be in holiday mood during that time & rushing to finish production as fast possible. Will it affect quality level then??

Edited by Javabean

We were juz talking about 11C being pushed for Feb....that means production to be completed latest by end Jan, before the Lunar New YEar ahead. I'm quite concerned as most factory workers may be in holiday mood during that time & rushing to finish production as fast possible. Will it affect quality level then??

Well, work both ways I guess, I mean, if the workers started work after a long holiday break, I'm pretty sure that they will be dragging their feet to work for a little while before finding their momentum again... that affects quality as well.... :ph34r::unsure:

Well, work both ways I guess, I mean, if the workers started work after a long holiday break, I'm pretty sure that they will be dragging their feet to work for a little while before finding their momentum again... that affects quality as well.... :ph34r::unsure:

That is juz as bad too! I understand some companies are given as much as 1 month break.

Lets hope there is a initial first batch out first.

Edited by Javabean

No signs of the VF-11C out here in either Mong Kok or Wanchai, so I'm calling shennnigans on an initial batch being already out.

Graham

And you're right: I got an email today from the store I ordered it from and the owner said he got charged for his shipment of VF-11Cs (that's why he thought they had arrived) but the figures were nowhere to be found in the shipment. He's going to send me a refund. Sucks, sucks, sucks.

Edited by Dr. Z

I wouldn't worry too much about the holiday break affecting the product quality. After all, this is China we are talking about. If you've got money, you will have workers ready to work even during the holidays. Furthermore, many factories in the Guangdong region were shut down due to the economic crisis, and a lot of workers lost their jobs. I am sure many of them are eager to find work.

• 1 month later...
Possibly, I've raised the issue with Yamato, as well as a radome for the VF-11C, a VF-11D.

All under consideration.

Buy more and they will make more.

Hopefully it's possible. VF-11B owners could buy these, too. General accessory sets could go for many valks, seeing how they share scale. Imagine combined weapon set(s) of NATO/JASDF external weapons being put on 1/60v2 hard points (maybe some sort of adapter for VF-11 and others?), ground crews from SDF, DYRL, M7 eras (1/60 means Yamato won't have much competition), Radome, Foldildo (already done! just repack it) with mount adapters, Beam weapon gunpod/adapter, etc

Of course, the ultimate accessory is the Protect Armor, but I wouldn't be disappointed if that gigantic gunpod was also available separately.

VF-11 exclusives could be used for both VF-11B, VF-11C, VF-19, the VF-17 Yamato has to be cranking on. :D

Thinking about the design, I'm a bit surprised there wasn't a slight cosmetic difference. I'm thinking the canards could have been disposed with and replaced with a vernier cluster, similar to the change from YF-19/VF-19A to VF-19F/S instead of just being a repaint with different avionics and slightly different FAST Packs.

• 2 weeks later...

Website says Feb, no exact date. However, realistically, if it was not released end of lst month, we shouldn't count on it being released this month, but rather in Mar, unless they are done with production and packaging since Jan.

But if everything was done last month it should have been released by now, so Mar is most likely (because of CNY holidays in China).... though, unless otherwise stated, it is always the end of the month, so it should be in our hands in April, late April esp if you preordered it at your "favourite" shop. ;p

There was a last minute color change to the pilot and some fitting issues with the gunpod that needed to be resolved, so the release date may get pushed back again a bit. I will check.

Graham

thks Graham....

Bluemax, this time round I did not order it from that shop.. I got direct from jaPan instead haha

There was a last minute color change to the pilot and some fitting issues with the gunpod that needed to be resolved, so the release date may get pushed back again a bit. I will check.

Graham

Hence your asking for pictures of the pilot in another thread?

Graham

Please let us know, Graham. I have had this on order at Amazon for the longest time, but if it is delayed again then I will have to either cancel or get the order sent to some other address if possible, as I will be moving in a few weeks.