Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

Never in Mac Plus, all the time in Mac7.

only the VF-11B appeared in Mac Plus, and the VF-11C appeared in Mac 7. Appearance wise, they are the same valk but with different colors and slightly different boosters. I can't say how similar they are internally though.

only the VF-11B appeared in Mac Plus, and the VF-11C appeared in Mac 7. Appearance wise, they are the same valk but with different colors and slightly different boosters. I can't say how similar they are internally though.

Other than the boosters and colors, the gunpod is also different, but that is about all the differences, just based on appearance.

my mac history and memory might be a bit off since i haven't watched it in a while (although Mac Plus was on Sci-Fi HD last night), the VF11C only appeared once or never on Mac Plus? But did appear in Mac7.. anywhere else?

VF-11C must be the cheapest valk in the M universe.

In every episode you see a dozen of them explode.

We'll see. That was actually one of the things I raised in my dinner with Yamato last night.

Personally, I find the VF-X2 VF-11 scheme boring, but I understand that some folks want it.

Graham

Man, it would be really cool to get a blue lancers version as well as an orange drone from M+.

- Nghia

VF-11C must be the cheapest valk in the M universe.

In every episode you see a dozen of them explode.

Yeah they don't amount to much at all in Macross 7. If Basara hadn't come in and started singing in a lot of the battles, who knows how many more 11C pilots would have died or had their spiritia taken.

The toy looks GREAT, especially the battroid mode.

Yeah they don't amount to much at all in Macross 7. If Basara hadn't come in and started singing in a lot of the battles, who knows how many more 11C pilots would have died or had their spiritia taken.

The toy looks GREAT, especially the battroid mode.

Still, when a worthy pilot like Gamlin or Kinryu got in, VF-11C tore up the Varauta. Ultimately, the whole point of Macross 7 was that the super advanced Valkyries in first Diamond Force (VF-17), Emerald Force (VF-19), and eventually even Max and Milia themselves in VF-22S were not ever going to beat the Protodevlin and that conventional warfare was doomed to failure. Even the preening primadonna has his custom red singing VF-19 Kai get torn apart.

I <3 the VF-11C, though and will probably get 2 or 3. The third depending if there's going to be an armor set for it, or not. Really hope Yamato is cranking on a VF-17 right now, though.

Edited by Uxi

Yeah, I have put "Full Armoured Thunderbolt" every single time under "what would you like us to make next?" when I sent back those Yamato questionnaires throughout the years and now it really seems we're just a step away. NNNnnngghh!!

OMAE NI RABU HAAAAAATO!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Kinryu is bad ass. I would love to have an optional and/or mail order pilot pack that had a bare chested Kinryu I could pop into one of the VF-11C I'm going to get. :D

Kinryu is bad ass. I would love to have an optional and/or mail order pilot pack that had a bare chested Kinryu I could pop into one of the VF-11C I'm going to get. :D

I'm a little relieved as well, now I can ask for Paypal contributions for Xmas... And work on the wife a little... The question is now, will HW Japan extend the preorder sale any?

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit, I just found out about the delay today when my wife told me she got a notification from Amazon about it (she had ordered it as a present for me). I was looking forward to receiving it this weekend and putting it under the Christmas tree. Now I have to wait until AFTER Christmas... argh, it's just like Macross Ace Frontier last year!! I've been a good boy, damn you, Santa!! :p

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1502

VF-11C pushed back until February

In a way I'm disappointed, as this is one of my favorite Valks in the Macross universe and I've been wanting a toy of it for 15 years.

However, my wallet is heaving a sigh of relief, as the Yamato Valks have been coming too fast recently.

Graham

Actually I'm pretty doubtful if they can make it for an end-Feb release.

Why?

The factories are all in China. The Lunar New Year, which is one of the most important holidays to Chinese in general worldwide, falls on 14th Feb. This is the time when all Chinese across China will be making their way (across the country to) go back to their families to have their annual reunion dinner and celebrate the New Year. I think the holidays should be about 1 week or so. Factories probaly won't be producing much, if at all during this time as people will probably make their travel plans early and travel early (up to maybe 2 weeks prior) in order not to be stranded in the ever worsening problems of extreme over-capacity of the transport systems at this time of the year.

Unless they manufacture it by end Jan, else I seriously don't think we can see the release by the end of Feb.

Edited by BlueMax