Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

I'm still not fond of the price point for what you get but I'm way more inclined to get the C than the B. I'll probably get this next year as I've already got way too much Yamato stuff on preorder for this year already. Knowing my luck though as soon as I get one the Pink Pecker will be announced :lol:

The VF-11 seems like an especially bad "value" compared to other Macross toy releases. Still, it seems to be a solid toy, and I'll pick up a VF-11B eventually if I can ever get one for ~$150 shipped. The C's nice, but Macross 7 never did it for me.
I still want a VFX2 Ravens version, without armor it might be significantly cheaper too. The Ravens scheme is the best I've seen on a VF-11, with Isamu's a close 2nd.

I have to agree that the all white is very bland. I like the boosters, and the new gun looks cool, but The bang for the buck isn't matching up for me. Make it the price of the VF-1 w/ fast packs, and I'm sold. I'd love to buy one, but I'd definitely pay this price for the MAXL, or even the VF-17s.

I think you would have less people complaining it was "bland" if they did something with the cockpit shield. Some kind of offsetting color like tan or something. Might not be anime accurate but for me the orange on the cockpit shield of the B really sets it off.

Definitely a candidate for weathering like the VF-1J Hick which looks just awesome weathered .......... dammit I'm talking myself into getting it even though I don't want to! :lol:

I'm still not fond of the price point for what you get but I'm way more inclined to get the C than the B. I'll probably get this next year as I've already got way too much Yamato stuff on preorder for this year already. Knowing my luck though as soon as I get one the Pink Pecker will be announced :lol:

You actually want the Pink Pecker squadron scheme? :blink:

Well, you could just get the 11C, drop it in a large bowl of grape juice for a day and slap on a wing insignia on the heat shield that will probably be on the sticker sheet and you've got yourself a Pink Pecker themed valk.

quote name='nugundamII' date='Oct 4 2009, 10:22 AM' post='793663'

PASS

I was a little disappointed to hear Graham is pimping out MWF to Yammy. Didnt even know they had a head office in HK???????

Yamato's head office is and always has been in Japan. They have had a sub office in Hong Kong since the late 90s'.

It's an open fact that I've had a long relationship with Yamato and am personal friends with several of the people from Yamato. It's also open knowledge that Macrossworld has accepted paid advertising from Yamato. Nio secrets there.

and I guess thats why he has a bazillion valks since every release he essentially gets one for free. And I now know why he is so light with the critical comments.

I'm critical, only when I feel critiscim is due. When I have found a problem with a Yamato toy, I publicize it and do my best to try to get Yamato to resolve it.

Unbelievable .....what happened to independent unbiased viewpoints.

I think you'll find my reviews are quite unbiased and I report the good with the bad. But yes, I am a Macross fan and do generally love Yamato's Macross toys, so I may come over as sounding very enthusiatic in my reviews. If crap is crap, I will say so, case in point, their new display stand, which is really crap, at least for use with 1/60 scale.

Hey G-Man take this back to your yammy buddies NOT INTERESTED

Sick of repaints-Never fall for the hype. I know takara does it and so does bandai but that doesnt make it right.

Repaints are both good and bad depending how you view them.

Unfortunately, for a small company like Yamato, they are a financial necessity.

With the high cost of design, development and tooling versus the small production runs that Yamato do, they are lucky if they break even on the first release of a new toy. They only way to amortize the development costs and actually make a profit is through releasing repaints. Without making a profit, Yamato would not be able to invest money in making new mecha.

However, nobody is holding a gun to anybody’s head and forcing them to buy repaints. If you like a color scheme, then buy it. If not, then don’t. It’s as simple as that. The fact is many people actually like buying repaints of the secondary character’s mecha or cannon fodder mecha. Personally, I’m glad Yamato gives us the choice.

I'm over the moon that after so many years, we are finally getting the Max & Millia VF-22S and VF-11C from Macross 7. Hopefully if these sell well, Yamato will release other Macoss 7 mecha.

Do something new and do it with quality. Then maybe I will buy something from yamato.

If I not mistaken, Yamato's QC has been excellent overall for recent releases, with most coments about the Destroid Defender, Destroid Tomahawk, VF-11B, YF-21, VF-22S Gamlin, VF-1D, VT-1, YF-19 Double Nuts, YF-19 Bird of Prey being very positive. I know some people had shoulder breakege with early 1/60 ver.2 VF-1, but all recent releases since they changed the shoulder pin seem to be fine.

And if they lower their price. They know we buy their products and regardless of all the licensing bullsh it they should do some Customer service to make the overseas collectors happy in some way. whatever

im not into repaints

Lowering cost isn't going to happen unfortunately. These are niche products with a high development cost sold in small quantities to a limited fan base. If the rest of the world was open to Yamato, then maybe they would be able to sell more and could lower the cost slightly.

As for customer service, again the licencing is the problem. However, this as been at least partially resolved by the help that OverDrive has provided.

why not give us armor packs or something, .....sorry just venting im still not seeing the spartan or missle destroid

GBP armor is already coming for the 1/60 VF-1. It may be developed later for the VF-11 and VF-0. If sales of existing products ae good, new products will be developed.

The Phalanx is still coming.

Graham

That guy is insane... First of all why make it personal like that? Second is, I wish Graham would do the early reviews and the Yamato scoops like he used to. And third, how are you a Macross Collector and be complaining about repaints? Macross is all about repaints. I would probably hate it if all the robots in Macross were different from each other. It's just not believable. And the fact that they have an evolution, like the YF-21 to the VF-22 is so awesome. I can talk crap about every other Yamato line I have bought but their Macross products have been one big blessing to the collection/curse to the wallet. I'm hoping to catch up to all the 1/60 version 2s of the VF-1s, at the same time trying to get all the 21/22s. I would skip them but Yamato makes them so damn well... I still need the 11B and C too.... augh!!! I wish I can turn off the bias... TURN OFF THE BIAS!

I know I'm not an anything Macross drone because I just can't get myself to buy the Frontier DX line. But if they design it like Yamato does Macross and the way Beagle did the Mospeada, I'm a sucker for it...

That Project BM Keneda Bike and figure are looking so good...

That guy is insane...

really, what tipped you off? was it the crazy conspiratorial rambling or the part where he threw one of his toys at a wall because he couldn't figure out how to transform it correctly then blamed it on Yamato's engineering/QC? :rolleyes:

I've only ever watched SDFM and DYRL and I find myself being tempted by some of these toys because

1) Yamato does a great job and

2) They're pretty birds

I'm not quite so hot on this paint job...but it's still not bad...

If they painted every single valk as Skull 1...I'd probably end up with them all...lol

Personally, I own all of the Macross Plus planes and I am quite happy with them all.

YF-19 version 1 + Fast Pack = Quite nice, crooked gun pod does not annoy me anymore. The hips feel loose but otherwise still great~!

YF-21 = Quite solid.

VF-11b = Very solid, but I do not quite like the ejection mechanism much since sometimes the escape pod wobbles around for me. I also still think that the fighter mode looks weird when compared to the line art. I do love all of the locking mechanisms on there.

I feel that the models in general has gotten better and better as time progresses, so the best is yet to come. Unfortunately, I only favor the Macross Plus universe but still, don't let concerns of quality control stop you from buying them. I believe that there was a japanese import toy store that offered to send your broken part for replacements too.

Edited by Sakura Shinguji

Is the VF-11C shown not the "Pink Peckers"? If you look at the head in the gerwalk poses, you can see the pink head stripe. And if you look closely at the Battroid pics, you can barely see the little pink arrows.

The only pic I can find of the "Pink Peckers" squad is from HERE and shows it as all pink, but I don't remember them being all pink in the show.

Is the VF-11C shown not the "Pink Peckers"? If you look at the head in the gerwalk poses, you can see the pink head stripe. And if you look closely at the Battroid pics, you can barely see the little pink arrows.

The only pic I can find of the "Pink Peckers" squad is from HERE and shows it as all pink, but I don't remember them being all pink in the show.

All the 11C's shown in M7 had the pink stripe - apparently it's the fleet's coloration. The Peckers were only seen in Ray's flashback, against a bright "flash"background, so it was hard to see just how pink they really were. But they we definitely all pink. Pretty ballsy gang, if you ask me. Secure in themselves.

EDIT:

I'm looking at it again, and I like the higher contrast between the fast packs & fuselage. The 11B is ALL the same color. I wish it had the B's gunpod, though. But not green. Maybe I'd lean more toward this one, then - with a little customization.

Edited by Kelsain

GBP armor is already coming for the 1/60 VF-1. It may be developed later for the VF-11 and VF-0. If sales of existing products ae good, new products will be developed.

Graham

Gawd, I would love my 11B to be full in armor mode. As for the 11C, I do like the clean slate look it has. If I end up getting one, I'd paint the nose cone tan and add some non-canon markings to it.

Graham

If I was yamato. I would edit a vf-11 armored in a view of increasing the vf-11 sales.

really, what tipped you off? was it the crazy conspiratorial rambling or the part where he threw one of his toys at a wall because he couldn't figure out how to transform it correctly then blamed it on Yamato's engineering/QC? :rolleyes:

lol... are you serious...

lol... are you serious...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30963

and last year with the yf-19

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...82&hl=yf-19

the best part

I was so looking forward to the YF-21 but now....even after waiting for the second release any hope that this company can learn from its mistakes is dashed. I wont make this MISTAKE again with my money!
Edited by eugimon

Graham

Has Yamato ever said how much a VFX-2 Ravens VF-11B sans armor would cost compared to the current Isamu VF-11B and upcoming VF-11C from Macross 7?

Graham did you ask about the possbility of Atmospheric Super Parts for the C too ?

I want to recreate Operation Stargazer.

I second this. I'm not all that big on the VF-11C color scheme (too plain) and the B has a cooler gunpod anyways, If this came with the atmospheric boosters though I'd be all over this. Those things are pure sex.

I am just glad we have someone like Graham to channel our recommendations /criticism to Yamato. We may have some disappointments with some of Yamato's earlier products but their latest products are with better QCs. This I believe is due partly to Graham help in passing Yamato our feedbacks/recommendations and also competition from Bandai’s DX and 1/72 line !

Now if we can get someone here as liaison with Bandai ? :lol:

Complaining about repaints like the YF-19 Double Nuts is one thing... But getting loyal repaints and model adjustments that FIT the canon appearances is entirely another! With this sort of anti-repaint attitude, people who WOULD want some of the repaints (like I want the Ravens theme) wouldn't get them at all. Those who want the repaints will get them, those who don't will know the development of new molds will be funded by those who paid for the repaints.

Now bring on some non-canon repaints in digi-camo. :D

I'm aware the Pink Peckers is not a C (it was from a flash back from when Ray served after all). I'm not really all that interested in Isamu or Macross Plus. So I was only going to get the Plus B because I never thought they would make a C. The novelty value alone of a "Pink Peckers" 11 would trump the C though even if the paint scheme is rather loud/flamboyant. Plus I'm pretty fond of Ray so I guess that helps.

an armored 11 would be really nice too but I wouldn't bother getting more than 1 "base" 11.

I will admit the bayonet on the B is really neat but I have the old yammie laying around somewhere that I can play with if I feel the need.

Edited by bluemax151

I sincerely hope there will be a second production of this next year.... What to do, i can finally buy 1 yamato toy, and bam, both the vf-22 Max and the vf-11c come out at same time... My first choice is the vf-22, but damn, the vf-11c is sooo beautifull too, i have also been wanting this for a long time, as i had the bandai model, and thought the color scheme is much better than the macross plus version. Comon guys, buy this stuff, so yamato makes other schemes, so you resell me this vf-11c at a discounted price in one year from now, granted the vf-2ss and vf-17 dont come out same time ;).

When i think about it, there is only 4 last valk i really want: the vf-22/yf-21, the vf-11c (current scheme ONLY), the vf-17, the vf-2ss.... and maybe, just maybe, the basara (cause i got the model)... when you think of it, thats 800 - 1000 $ MINIMUM right there, crap, that hurts.

Graham,

Would you be able to find out from them if they will be improving the stability of the cockpit in fighter mode? My biggest complaint with the 11B is that the cockpit doesn't sit right and wobbles around with the slider all the way up and you have to find some point where the slider is down just enough to get the cockpit caught on a couple nubs without it being too low. It's a serious pain in the butt and still doesn't hold that well as slight movement can still knock it loose.

My biggest gripe with the VF-11 is that there are no head variants like -J or -S for the single seaters.

I wish Shoji hadn't been so lazy in this regard.

I always wondered why we never saw any different variants. The whole line couldn't been just cannon folder 1A types? Did even squad commanders pilot a 1B or 1C? I think a J or S version VF-011 would've looked pretty cool, especially with skull 1 trim.