Predators in 2010

Vermillion21

Probably not the same series, but there was a Predator comic story about a female scientist who somehow got "in" with a bunch of Predators and studied their ways. There was what can only be described as really hardcore Predator cos-play on her part in some scenes. :)

Sounds like AVP 1.

I really like Predator 2 as well.

Can't stand AVP though. What killed it for me more than anything was casting the sassy black chick from New York as an expert artic survival guide........err, right! I can only suspend my belief so far.

Graham

I fail to see how being:

a) black

b) from New York

c) a woman

... precludes someone from being a survival expert.

But yea, the movie sucked.

AVP basically felt like half a film to me. the Directors cut isn't as bad, but still not very good. But AVP2 had some cool moments, and a more fun story.

Yeah, AvP2 really did the concept a decent way, if not giving it enough justice to call it "good". I couldn't believe when the first was rated PG-13, and that's when I knew it would suck. The plot, if you can call it as such, really screwed over the source material for both franchises. But AvP1 did have one of the better scenes: when the mercs first track their way through the Antarctic station, they come into a room where a body is still being in the middle of being hoisted up. That was cool :) So was the inital confrontation in the three-way firefight.

Personally, I'm waiting for a movie that uses the Colonial Marines and comes with the tagline used for the first game: "The three deadliest species have finally met their match. Each other."

oh yeah AVP has MOMENTS that are good, its just not good overall. AVP2 was better overall, still had good moments, but didnt quite make it into the 'good' category.

It DID have a kid essentially die on screen, which is a rarity for movies. That really shocked me in the cinema.

oh yeah AVP has MOMENTS that are good, its just not good overall. AVP2 was better overall, still had good moments, but didnt quite make it into the 'good' category.

It DID have a kid essentially die on screen, which is a rarity for movies. That really shocked me in the cinema.

yeah I was shocked as well when I saw that. AVP2 was definitely darker

which is what the first one should of been like.

The thing that killed the AVP thing for me was the really quick gestation the Aliens had. In the original Alien film and II and III, I got the impression that this took days rather than a few hours, as seen in AVP. You know that had enough time to drag Kane (John Hurt) back to the ship and put him in med bay run a few tests have him come round and start lunch before the Alien wanted out.

This film would work if you had some bad ass army types all hunted down to the last one who finally realises its all about the guns. Predators wont fight him and go home, roll credits.

Hope it does good for the francise.

• 1 month later...
the single part of the video that stood out to me was that the scope on her rifle is going to gouge her eye out if she takes a shot.

sfik48.jpg

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Don't try to spoil this with a dose of reality. I still suspect that this film is going to suck.

Taksraven

Seems like everyone's into this Sci-Fi realism thing now. A bunch of soldiers stuck on an alien planet and they're all sporting 20th century weapons. Though the AA-12 (I think) automatic shotgun shown in the film would be well suited to take on a cloaking enemy like the Predator.

Edited by Ghost Train

There are only 2 Alien movies

There is only 1 Predator moive

There are only 3 Star Wars movies

There are only 7 Police Academy movies

There is only 1 Macross TV series, 1 OVA series, 1 standalone OVA, 1 movie, 1 20th anniversary DVD, 2 pachinko promo DVDs and 2 compilation videos.

still, stills don`t look bad, looks like the Spetznaz might team up with the West in this one?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=75352

Edited by Lott Sheen

Seems like everyone's into this Sci-Fi realism thing now. A bunch of soldiers stuck on an alien planet and they're all sporting 20th century weapons. Though the AA-12 (I think) automatic shotgun shown in the film would be well suited to take on a cloaking enemy like the Predator.

well, the plot is that they were being abducted by predators as prey so chances are it's set in the present rather than the future, hence the contemporary firearms.

most science fiction movies use modern firearms not out of realism, but because it's cheaper to rent a bunch of existing gun than it is to make dozens of special prop guns just for that film. it's sloppy laziness and it looks bad.

There is only 1 Macross TV series, 1 OVA series, 1 standalone OVA, 1 movie, 1 20th anniversary DVD, 2 pachinko promo DVDs and 2 compilation videos.

........ :blink: ......no.....just no lol.

Guest sh002

looks interesting to me. at least its not a teen flick, its rated r, and will probably be better than the two avp movies. it would be cool if it had continuity with the two predator movies and ignored both avp movies

still, stills don`t look bad, looks like the Spetznaz might team up with the West in this one?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=75352

dude, u have been totally misinformed! Theres another 2 alien flicks, another predator and 2 movies that combine em! Theres another 3 Star wars films, 2 spin off films and a few animated series as well. Also, Macross has 3 long series, 2 OVA's, 3 movies (I think) and other random stuff too.

Boy you have some catching up to do!

dude, u have been totally misinformed! Theres another 2 alien flicks, another predator and 2 movies that combine em! Theres another 3 Star wars films, 2 spin off films and a few animated series as well. Also, Macross has 3 long series, 2 OVA's, 3 movies (I think) and other random stuff too.

Boy you have some catching up to do!

i'm willing to bet that he knows there are other movies with the NAME on them, but those other movies aren't deserving of their respective titles, except Police Academy, which sucked equally in all of its incarntations.

Edited by rotorhead

looks interesting to me. at least its not a teen flick, its rated r, and will probably be better than the two avp movies. it would be cool if it had continuity with the two predator movies and ignored both avp movies

I think that is the goal with this film

i'm willing to bet that he knows there are other movies with the NAME on them, but those other movies aren't deserving of their respective titles, except Police Academy, which sucked equally in all of its incarntations.

really, how could you tell? :rolleyes: