No love for Hard Target? I mean it has Lance Henrickson and wilford brimly.. Oh and Arnold vosoloo!

See my posts above: I love Hard Target and Nowhere to Run as my top Van-Damme movies...

Demolition Man is a good movie. It probably shouldn't be, but it is.

Sharp witty dialogue, good action, interesting concepts. Won't call it a classic, but it is pretty good. It's on TV here right now. Has stood the test of time pretty well too.

Sharp witty dialogue, good action, interesting concepts. Won't call it a classic, but it is pretty good. It's on TV here right now. Has stood the test of time pretty well too.

I still want to know how those three seashells are supposed to work.

Mistery solved. I would have wanted a more detailed answer though.

From a Stallone interview with AICN: "OK, this may be bordering on the grotesque, but the way it was explained to me by the writer is you hold two seashells like chopsticks, pull gently and scrape what's left with the third. You asked for it... Be careful what you ask for, sorry."

From a Stallone interview with AICN: "OK, this may be bordering on the grotesque, but the way it was explained to me by the writer is you hold two seashells like chopsticks, pull gently and scrape what's left with the third. You asked for it... Be careful what you ask for, sorry."

Thanks Duke Togo. No worries. I'm not squeamish at all :p

• 2 weeks later...

Guilty Pleasure of the Moment: Live-Action Musical Movies

Admit it - you have a soft spot for at least one live-action musical movie, whether it's The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Grease, Chicago, Moulin Rouge!, The Phantom of the Opera, or Les Misérables. Name your guilty pleasure musical.

Guilty Pleasure of the Moment: Live-Action Musical Movies

Admit it - you have a soft spot for at least one live-action musical movie, whether it's The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Grease, Chicago, Moulin Rouge!, The Phantom of the Opera, or Les Misérables. Name your guilty pleasure musical.

You got mine right there. I love that version of Annie.

Another one I love, and this is the season for it, is "Scrooge" with Albert Finney (no NOT Scrooged with Bill Murray). A musical version of the book done in 1970 with Alec Guinness as Jacob Marley. Albert Finney does excellent work here, his ability to transform himself into the stooped over feeble looking Scrooge is amazing. (bonus - Albert Finney is in Annie too of course)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watched "The Black Hole" again, I really like that move - warts and all. (Yup, mentioned here on this thread in the past). Anyone have any more info on the proposed remake?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disneys-black-hole-remake-lands-433034

if they just got the writer recently, there is a long while to go.

want chogokin V.I.N.C.E.N.T

Just watched "The Black Hole" again, I really like that move - warts and all. (Yup, mentioned here on this thread in the past).

OH YEAH, I forgot about V.I.N.C.E.N.T AND Old B.O.B! I'll have to dig out the old DVD along with Disney's 20,000 Leagues under the Sea staring the only REAL CAPTAIN NEMO: James Mason, and I still side with Nemo! F#$k Ned Land!!!