White Snake, The Damn Yankees, Cinderella!!!, Motley Crue, Def Lepard, Iron Maiden, and even some Journey baby! ohhh yeeah!!!

Excuse me, sir, but Iron Maiden should never be mentioned in the same sentence with those other so-called bands.

Guys, "guilty pleasure" is being misused here...

You feel GUILTY about liking it because its embarrassing... so saying "I like White Snake" doesn't fit in this thread because White Snake is a pretty solid band for their day. In contrast, saying you like Barry Manilow, would fit. Not many people would want to admit to liking him.

I...huh. That was kind of awesome, actually.

I love that guy.

Whenever I go to Comiket I actively search for Jetfire on Starscream yayoi doujinshi. PM me if you want pics.

Ok... there's pleasures you shamefully admit to liking, and then there's secret likes you take to your grave without ever admitting to anyone you like. I think this is the latter.

DJ Ozma. He was a total joke as a musician, but I've actually see them live twice, and really enjoyed it.

Main reason I like him is that it's really the lead singer of Kishidan. But this music is totally opposite of what I normally listen to. For contrast, the non-guilty pleasure of my favorite band, Galmet.

Also, I enjoy eating peanut butter right out of the jar, no bread-no nothing. Just get a big spoonful and chow down.

Edited by Jefuemon

I have to agree with Agent ONE here. The stuff you guys are posting here is weak. TV shows that aired on network TV. Music videos from VH1. I was hoping my example would inspire you all to post real guilty pleasures, but no.

You feel GUILTY about liking it because its embarrassing... so saying "I like White Snake" doesn't fit in this thread because White Snake is a pretty solid band for their day. In contrast, saying you like Barry Manilow, would fit. Not many people would want to admit to liking him.

I love that guy.

I love that guy.

I like Macross Zero... :ph34r:

And Whitesnake was an awesome band back in the day. Say what you will about the bands/performers of that era, but if you can watch the actual musicians in those hair-spray riddled bands, the guitar work for example was legendary...

Edited by myk

Some might not consider this to be a "guilty pleasure" but I will challenge anybody to tell me that it is "too mainstream"

C64 game music made by Rob Hubbard, especially the likes of the "Commando" theme.......

A lot of people bang on about NES and SNES music and the like, but never having a worthless "console", this music has always been special to me....

Always loved his "Warhawk" music too.....

I have to agree with Agent ONE here. The stuff you guys are posting here is weak. TV shows that aired on network TV. Music videos from VH1. I was hoping my example would inspire you all to post real guilty pleasures, but no.

Just an opinion, but I'd avoid going too far with that line of thought. The pliable definition of guilty pleasure is largely determined by the company you keep. Post on the average sports-based board that you like indie dramas and documentaries and you'll be laughed out of your "closet." Post on the average philosophy board about your love of sports and you'll run crying for your fellow neanderthals. And there are some who would point out the irony of a guilty pleasures thread on a "Macross" forum ;):D

To each their own guilty pleasure. Or as Quentin Tarantino would argue; "There are no guilty pleasures, only pleasures"

Edited by Mr March