Gensou Suikoden Series

Wanzerfan

These games are listed in stroyline chronological order.

• Suikoden Tactics
  • Suikoden IV
  • Suikoden V
  • Suikoden
  • Suikoden II
  • Suidoden III

Of the games listed I have played and beaten I (without getting all 108 Stars of Destiny, though), and own III, IV (I have all 108 stars, but haven't beaten it yet; I want to uncover all of the Island Nations Chart), V, and Tactics.

I do have a question about V though, and the walkthrough I have is absolutely no help whatsoever on the subject. I have recruited Retso and his niece to open the resturaunt, and haveing trouble dropping off the ingredients I've been getting in battles there. Whenever I talk to Retso at the Resturaunt all he does is sell me Abalone Steak. I need help getting him to sell other food items.

Oh give your thoughts on the series you have.

You don't mention that you've played II. If you haven't, it's far and away the best in the series. Both 1 and 3 link heavily to/from it. 1/2/3 is its own big trilogy, really, with all the others being "separate little stories".

And get all 108 stars in I before playing II---it's worth it IMHO.

You don't mention that you've played II. If you haven't, it's far and away the best in the series. Both 1 and 3 link heavily to/from it. 1/2/3 is its own big trilogy, really, with all the others being "separate little stories".

And get all 108 stars in I before playing II---it's worth it IMHO.

Sad to say is that I haven't played II. And since the sucker's so rare, unless Konami decides to release updates of the first two games, I'm S.O.L..

Sad to say is that I haven't played II. And since the sucker's so rare, unless Konami decides to release updates of the first two games, I'm S.O.L..

Well, if you have a modded PSP, you can just download it and play it. It's not like Konami is making any money off the game at this point by people selling them for crazy money on ebay. And you've spent some cash on others too, so you've supported the franchise for sure.

Don't have a PSP, and I'm not about to get one that has its warranty violated.

Besides, III we got used for about $25.00, I bought IV and Tactics for about $12.00 each. I got V for a Christmas gift a couple of years ago.

Hopefully Konami will have the games set up for download for PSN on the PS3 (once we ge broadband, that is).

Don't have a PSP, and I'm not about to get one that has its warranty violated.

Besides, III we got used for about $25.00, I bought IV and Tactics for about $12.00 each. I got V for a Christmas gift a couple of years ago.

Hopefully Konami will have the games set up for download for PSN on the PS3 (once we ge broadband, that is).

Suikoden I is available for the PSN no news on II though which is the elusive one. I got all of them used dirt cheap (all below $30) even got 1 for $5 at a pawn shop case and everything :lol:

Suikoden I is available for the PSN no news on II though which is the elusive one. I got all of them used dirt cheap (all below $30) even got 1 for $5 at a pawn shop case and everything :lol:

Lucky punk.

The only reason why II is so rare is that the powers that be at Konami decided not to make many copies of the English version of the game to meet the demand. Could it be that the bigwigs over at Konami want to keep II so rare that we have to go kowtow at their Japanese HQ? Only time will tell.

Lucky punk.

The only reason why II is so rare is that the powers that be at Konami decided not to make many copies of the English version of the game to meet the demand. Could it be that the bigwigs over at Konami want to keep II so rare that we have to go kowtow at their Japanese HQ? Only time will tell.

Little known fact: Suikoden was Chairman Mao's favorite novel.

1-2-3 in order---which is chronological already. Skip 4. Play 5 if you want more. Just IMHO.

BTW, Suik 2 has a glitch in the US version. No "strategic battle" music--you'll play in silence then. You'll only get the "desperate strategic battle" music---which is cooler, but doesn't happen very often. Konami never admitted to this AFAIK. If you own the Suik 2 soundtrack, you can hear the "normal" strategic battle music that the US never got. But possibly even more annoyingly, the soundtrack, which has multiple versions of the "cooking battle" and "inn" themes---is missing 1 song. The awesome "desperate strategic battle" theme! Coolest song in the game. Arrgh! Still ticks me off. It'd be like if The Empire Strikes back soundtrack had multiple versions of the "20th Century Fox fanfare" (which it does BTW), but DIDN'T have The Imperial March.

PS---if you want all 108 stars in Suik 2, you'll hear the desperate theme a LOT, as one very hard battle must be won. (you can lose a desperate battle and continue the game---you just tend to have perma-death of characters if that happens) That battle is PURE luck, and nothing but. You just pray that the "random special ability of that character" kicks in a LOT. Reload, reload, reload...

PPS---for Suik 2 at least---get the bad/normal ending first. IMHO it's up there with Valkyrie Profile 1, in that you don't "get" how much better/different the good ending is, if you see it first. You're not SUPPOSED to get all 108 on the first run. Suik 2 is sad, and is supposed to be.

I don't understand why IV gets so much hate I thought III was a FAR FAR weaker game especially if you never played 1 and 2 only huge gripe I had with IV was that you could only use 4 people at a time... wtf :huh: meanwhile III had probably the most retarded battle system ever so many times my characters would run around the entire battle field before they could attack the enemy that was about 1 foot away and walking through the same places close to 40 times with different characters was boring as hell.

IMO best to worst are 2, 5, 1, 4, Tactics, 3, tierkries although even the worst games are still pretty damn good.

I don't understand why IV gets so much hate I thought III was a FAR FAR weaker game especially if you never played 1 and 2 only huge gripe I had with IV was that you could only use 4 people at a time... wtf :huh: meanwhile III had probably the most retarded battle system ever so many times my characters would run around the entire battle field before they could attack the enemy that was about 1 foot away and walking through the same places close to 40 times with different characters was boring as hell.

IMO best to worst are 2, 5, 1, 4, Tactics, 3, tierkries although even the worst games are still pretty damn good.

You actually have access to three sets of four battle parties when you're on your flagship in IV, otherwise you're limited to a party of 4. III's battle system's broken because even if you have 6 in your party, you can only give pairs of the characters orders.

From all the games in the series I've played, I kinda likes 5 the best because of story so far. I just got through with The Queen's battle, and was basically shocked by the plot twist

(Sialeeds' "betrayal")

:blink:

. That and I'm still haveing trouble dropping off items at the resturaunt. <_<

Edited by Wanzerfan