Revoltech Full Transformation Valkyrie

Funkenstein

At first I was thinking about getting one but the more pics I see of it just make me think it's really ugly, I think I'll just get a Revy YF-19 and Regult instead, I mean two good looking non transforming Revies are just a little more than one ugly transforming one

Ok, after closer look at many reviews I gotta agree it's ugly. I never realized the nose cone protruding so long in battroid mode. Guess I'm distracted by those long legs, heh. If I can find it cheap I'll get -1S just for comparison sake with my old Revo Strike Valk.

I second the above how do these compare to the Revoltech Regults?

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/images/tp0295/052.jpg

off-topic: just had to post this...

Maybe they'll consider making the VF-1D

here's a nice Revo VF-1D custom... and then some - http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-119689-1-1.html

...best Macross Revo collection i've seen B))

Edited by m0n5t3r

Revoltech ought to make a VF-25, a Vajra, and a Queadluun and just put this project behind them. I am so sorely disappointed with the quality of these things. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so bloody loose.

We're long overdue for a Queadluun, imo.

Yay! Magazine-limited exclusives!! :lol: :lol:

Ugh.. Seriously. Anyway, as I posted in the SCOOPDA thread, Kaiyodo is advertising a reissue of their Regult...

Well the original ones were also a limited release, max at 'friend' stores and miriya with the same magazine, I got a max but gave it away recently, not much of a fan of those colors.

I totally regret getting mine. The head laser came off within a day of opening it. The hips joints are too floppy to acheive any pose other than "I need to pee" and the elbow joints pop apart if I don't squeeze them together as I turn the arm.

Acidentally left mine in the sun on the stand in fighter mode and when I came back the nose cone had warped into a crook of a nose.

Worst valkyrie evar.

I totally regret getting mine. The head laser came off within a day of opening it. The hips joints are too floppy to acheive any pose other than "I need to pee" and the elbow joints pop apart if I don't squeeze them together as I turn the arm.

Acidentally left mine in the sun on the stand in fighter mode and when I came back the nose cone had warped into a crook of a nose.

Worst valkyrie evar.

Alex = god of death for Valk toys.

One thing's for sure, I'm never letting him within 10 miles of my display cabinet!

Graham

Alex = god of death for Valk toys.

One thing's for sure, I'm never letting him within 10 miles of my display cabinet!

Graham

Heh. The Valkyries of Norse mythology are also the ones who decide who dies in battle.

I'm just returning the favour. ^_^

Just got mine today, pretty terrible I have to say, the revoltech joints are practically snapping into pieces, the wings fall off way to easily nothing holds them in place they just sit on a peg, the transformation sucks and hardly anything lines up, the legs are falling off at the hip, did I mention everything was loose? The whole thing wobbles and shakes, he barely stands, and the absolute worst part, my knees and feet don't bend strait, that's right the revoltech joints are positioned wrong so when I bend a knee it snaps and bends at a really weird angle, and both feet are crooked, nice job Kaiyodo.

Told ya.

Banpresto valk is the king. :D They need to do a high quality version of it. Fighter mode still looks decent, robot mode doesn't have big shoulders like the toynami, and you can custom them by swapping heads and arms and stuff with ease. lol

If yamato ever decides to do a banpresto challenger that can transform but defeats it in looks, (personally I think they stand a bit too tall) that would be cool. Everyone hates it, but I think the little banpresto valk when given a bit of gummy material to the joints to make them stiff, is pretty cool display. ....from afar. Just don't expect perfect details like the bigger valks.

The thing I like about them is that they actually look better than chunky munkys but are smaller. All they need is some quality for the shoulder hinge so they are more sturdy, better kneecap armour that swivels independently, and a thigh and bicep swivel for even better posability. Keep the hands blocky and robotic, (not the puffy clown hands) and if possible have the hand able to transform into the forearm this time instead of you just popping them off.

How hard can that be?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I don't understand why there are so much rage about these things. Yes, they aren't anime-accurate (proportion wise), the rounded joints and odd base connector looks weird, and it has a shoddy paintjob.

But come on, these are Revoltech we're talking about. If you own any Revo before, those things I mentioned above won't matter. They have great articulation, fun to pose, and most importantly, cheap --> compared to other overpriced transformable macross toys out there. I have nothing to complaint, and I will get Fokker's If I can find one nearby. It's not like you're gonna notice the paintjob flaws when you pose it on your table anyway.

I think most people here are:

-Spoiled by Yamato VF-1s (and thus making it a standard)

-Never own a Revoltech before

-Or dislike Revo for some reason

-Have too much VF-1 toys (this I can understand)

-Expecting too much when it was first announced

Or, most likely this :

-Forgot that these are Revoltech, forgot that these only cost 2400 Yen, and forgot that Revo never give a damn about accurate proportion anyway.

Sorry if I'm being rude for my first post, but I just have to say it.

I actually like that these are perfect transformation as I am a PT fanboy.

But there is still room for improvement imo. I think the chunky fighter mode isn't as nice as the banpresto which is skinny.

I am still interested in checking these out.

I agree people expect way too much from a tiny figure. One thing I will say though:

I much prefer a toy that is PT and a inaccurate in proportion vs a perfect propertion toy with millions of tiny swapping parts. :p

There needs to be more attempts by companies to try to make a good small PT vf-1 because there has got to be those out there who want to buy a bunch of these guys in various poses using superposable joints, but still like them to be a transforming figure too. I like the look of the robot mode of the revo's but I prefer the banpresto idea, which offers all 3 modes and the ability to do decent poses. I just want a better quality banpresto, with the same skinny fighter mode look that the existing one has. Something that you'd put on your desk and muck around with because it's cool, not a "it's a crappy toy so I'll give it to my son because I'm too cheap to get him something good" thing. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

My Revoltech VF-1S arrived today.

Here's what I like about it. I like the coloring, the tampos, and battroid looks good once you finally get it into a pose. That said, save your money or find the Toynami if you want something at this scale. Even though this is being advertised as a transforming figure, it's not. Technically it is, but parts fall off or pop off while you're going from mode to mode. Transforming is not a satisfying experience by any means.

Fighter mode holds together well, except for the wings. They're barely held on by their connecting peg. Moving them is a guarantee they're going to pop off. From the side it doesn't look right, and getting the revoltech joints in the legs rotated just right is difficult. The included stand has a very difficult time balancing the weight whether you have it supported by the nose or by the rear of the gunpod. It'll support it, but you can see it's very close to tipping over.

Gerwalk mode looks ok, but won't balance on its own and look right so you have to use the stand. Plus the tiny revoltech jointing mechanism used for the shoudlers has to be tight(which mine is not) in order for the arms to do any cool type of posing. Those cool pics on the back of the box and on the websites? Mine can't do those. I also don't like how the rear tail wing thruster pack folds up. It's not flush the way it should be and just doesn't look right.

Battroid's the best of the three modes. The shoulder joints have some support because they rest on one of the internal chest parts(which isn't there in gerwalk). As has been reported elsewhere, the hips are much too loose on mine too. I can get it to hold poses, but only after needless frustration. It does look pretty nice in Battroid, once you're done fighting with all the problems.

Compared to the Toynami 1/100 it's a slight bit smaller and has more slender proportions in battroid mode. Unlike the Toynami, there is no way the Revoltech could EVER support a fast pack. It has trouble supporting its own weight which leads me to one of the frustrating things about the figure: the hands. The right hand has a difficult time supporting the weight of the gun pod without falling forward out of place, which limits posing options because of gravity. Those little pegs inside the forearms are very frustrating, btw. Be VERY careful when putting the fists on the pegs because it's very easy to accidentally push the forearm pegs inside the forearms, past the point that's supposed to stop them. I had to create a metal hook and use some effort to pull the thing back out.

I never had the pains in transformation of the Toynami that I have with the Revoltech. It's easy to figure out how to transform the Toynami and get it into the mode you want fast, easy, and have it look exactly the way you wanted. Even on the Toynami VF-1S, which is a bit loose compared to the VF-1J, I never had a problem putting the figure into a pose. The stand on the Toynami(second and third wave) is much better too and has no real problems supporting the weight of whatever mode or pose you have the for the figure.

I bought the Revoltech because I was hoping to have something that I could pick up and regularly transform without worrying about breaking. It's not what I was hoping for. Yeah, it transforms, but gerwalk doesn't look right(made worse by the shoulder issue on mine), and fighter mode while a little better isn't a strong suit either. I kind of knew that going in though, and was willing to consider those modes gravy. So there's the idea that it transforms at least, which is dimished by the reality of it because transforming it is NOT fun which *is* part of what I was hoping for from this line. You really need to see the internal revoltech jointing/transformation mechanism that connects the shoulders. I've never seen anything like it before for a transforming figure, and I pray that I will never ever see it again.

I'm skipping the rest of the line, although if I have the opportunity for the VF1-J Hikaru for $10 shipped, I might bite because like I said, Battroid does look good once you have it posed. I felt I got my money's worth for the Toynami 1/100's, but this wasn't worth the money I paid.

Alpha OTS, can you post some pics of your Revoltech next to the Toynami 1/100?

CIMG2868.jpg

My battery has to recharge. I'll try to post more later. I found a way to get the gerwalk to stand and the shoulders to....work(you don't want to see it from behind).

My Revoltech VF-1S arrived today.

Here's what I like about it. I like the coloring, the tampos, and battroid looks good once you finally get it into a pose. That said, save your money or find the Toynami if you want something at this scale. Even though this is being advertised as a transforming figure, it's not. Technically it is, but parts fall off or pop off while you're going from mode to mode. Transforming is not a satisfying experience by any means.

Fighter mode holds together well, except for the wings. They're barely held on by their connecting peg. Moving them is a guarantee they're going to pop off. From the side it doesn't look right, and getting the revoltech joints in the legs rotated just right is difficult. The included stand has a very difficult time balancing the weight whether you have it supported by the nose or by the rear of the gunpod. It'll support it, but you can see it's very close to tipping over.

Gerwalk mode looks ok, but won't balance on its own and look right so you have to use the stand. Plus the tiny revoltech jointing mechanism used for the shoudlers has to be tight(which mine is not) in order for the arms to do any cool type of posing. Those cool pics on the back of the box and on the websites? Mine can't do those. I also don't like how the rear tail wing thruster pack folds up. It's not flush the way it should be and just doesn't look right.

Battroid's the best of the three modes. The shoulder joints have some support because they rest on one of the internal chest parts(which isn't there in gerwalk). As has been reported elsewhere, the hips are much too loose on mine too. I can get it to hold poses, but only after needless frustration. It does look pretty nice in Battroid, once you're done fighting with all the problems.

Compared to the Toynami 1/100 it's a slight bit smaller and has more slender proportions in battroid mode. Unlike the Toynami, there is no way the Revoltech could EVER support a fast pack. It has trouble supporting its own weight which leads me to one of the frustrating things about the figure: the hands. The right hand has a difficult time supporting the weight of the gun pod without falling forward out of place, which limits posing options because of gravity. Those little pegs inside the forearms are very frustrating, btw. Be VERY careful when putting the fists on the pegs because it's very easy to accidentally push the forearm pegs inside the forearms, past the point that's supposed to stop them. I had to create a metal hook and use some effort to pull the thing back out.

I never had the pains in transformation of the Toynami that I have with the Revoltech. It's easy to figure out how to transform the Toynami and get it into the mode you want fast, easy, and have it look exactly the way you wanted. Even on the Toynami VF-1S, which is a bit loose compared to the VF-1J, I never had a problem putting the figure into a pose. The stand on the Toynami(second and third wave) is much better too and has no real problems supporting the weight of whatever mode or pose you have the for the figure.

I bought the Revoltech because I was hoping to have something that I could pick up and regularly transform without worrying about breaking. It's not what I was hoping for. Yeah, it transforms, but gerwalk doesn't look right(made worse by the shoulder issue on mine), and fighter mode while a little better isn't a strong suit either. I kind of knew that going in though, and was willing to consider those modes gravy. So there's the idea that it transforms at least, which is dimished by the reality of it because transforming it is NOT fun which *is* part of what I was hoping for from this line. You really need to see the internal revoltech jointing/transformation mechanism that connects the shoulders. I've never seen anything like it before for a transforming figure, and I pray that I will never ever see it again.

I'm skipping the rest of the line, although if I have the opportunity for the VF1-J Hikaru for $10 shipped, I might bite because like I said, Battroid does look good once you have it posed. I felt I got my money's worth for the Toynami 1/100's, but this wasn't worth the money I paid.

Thanks for the very informative and objective review man. Don't know if I will pick one up...