Revoltech Full Transformation Valkyrie

Funkenstein

At least they fixed that in the latest photos:

http://www.amiami.com/shop?vgForm=ProductI...ate=review.html

http://www.amiami.com/shop?vgForm=ProductI...ate=review.html

IMO the biggest flaw is the oversize engine intake block.

So the fighter connects to the stand either by the nose or by the back of the gunpod. that's.... interesting... :unsure:

Ok, this is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. should have stuck to battroid mode kaiyodo

I don't understand why there are so much rage about these things. Yes, they aren't anime-accurate (proportion wise), the rounded joints and odd base connector looks weird, and it has a shoddy paintjob.

But come on, these are Revoltech we're talking about. If you own any Revo before, those things I mentioned above won't matter. They have great articulation, fun to pose, and most importantly, cheap --> compared to other overpriced transformable macross toys out there. I have nothing to complaint, and I will get Fokker's If I can find one nearby. It's not like you're gonna notice the paintjob flaws when you pose it on your table anyway.

I think most people here are:

-Spoiled by Yamato VF-1s (and thus making it a standard)

-Never own a Revoltech before

-Or dislike Revo for some reason

-Have too much VF-1 toys (this I can understand)

-Expecting too much when it was first announced

Or, most likely this :

-Forgot that these are Revoltech, forgot that these only cost 2400 Yen, and forgot that Revo never give a damn about accurate proportion anyway.

Sorry if I'm being rude for my first post, but I just have to say it.

-Spoiled by Yamato VF-1s (and thus making it a standard)

I'm not. My 1J Yamato GNU is nice (but not great) and falls completely apart when I try to pose it. These new Revoltechs, however (I own the previous ones), are just plain ugly. I said before that these things make even the banprestos shine in comparison (especially if you don't touch them :p ). Fighter mode hurts my eyes.

I'm not. My 1J Yamato GNU is nice (but not great) and falls completely apart when I try to pose it. These new Revoltechs, however (I own the previous ones), are just plain ugly. I said before that these things make even the banprestos shine in comparison (especially if you don't touch them :p ). Fighter mode hurts my eyes.

I didn't mean GNU, but transformable 1/60 v2 line. I own Fokker's Strike Valkyrie Revo as well, that's why I'll get -1S for this new line so I can compare them.

Proportion is a subjective matter, I admit it's not pretty in fighter mode but I can stand that . I consider them as mecha figures anyway, and that Gerwalk and fighter modes are just added bonus ^_^ . That's why battroid proportion is what I really care about -those long legs starting to grow on me. At least if the durability is the same with other Revo, it might be a good toy to play (to be exact, transforming it back and forth) when I get bored.

I didn't mean GNU, but transformable 1/60 v2 line. I own Fokker's Strike Valkyrie Revo as well, that's why I'll get -1S for this new line so I can compare them.

Proportion is a subjective matter, I admit it's not pretty in fighter mode but I can stand that . I consider them as mecha figures anyway, and that Gerwalk and fighter modes are just added bonus ^_^ . That's why battroid proportion is what I really care about -those long legs starting to grow on me. At least if the durability is the same with other Revo, it might be a good toy to play (to be exact, transforming it back and forth) when I get bored.

That's the main selling point, imo.

How well does the fighter mode hold together?

And does the looseness limit posing?

The fighter mode holds.

It's so loose that it can't pose well without a stand.

Mine's sort of okay, but I've heard that some people got right arms that doesn't hold the gun.

Is it the revoltech joints that are loose or other non-revoltech joints?

Just wondering if the joints could be replaced since revoltech joints are removable.

Yeah, it's surprising to hear that a Revoltech has loose joints. Are the joints fixable with some crazy glue or nail polish to tighten the problem joints?

I'm going to take a gamble and keep my order. I like my Toynami, but I'd like something more durable. How long until that Hi-Metal VF comes out?

I don't understand why there are so much rage about these things. Yes, they aren't anime-accurate (proportion wise), the rounded joints and odd base connector looks weird, and it has a shoddy paintjob.

I think you just answered your own question....heh.

I wouldn't say there is 'rage' Nobody is angry about them. We just don't like them.

Graham

My point is, all flaws that I mentioned above are all common for a revoltech. I'm fully aware of those flaws, and won't really affect my judgement since I'm kinda used to it. What I don't understand is why people expecting too much from a 2400 Y toys, and disliking it just because it doesn't have as much details and gimmicks as over 10000 Y toys. I'm not that wealthy, but after spending 16000 Y for a dx chogokin, the revos price suddenly become way too cheap, thus I'll forgive the flaws.

My point is, all flaws that I mentioned above are all common for a revoltech. I'm fully aware of those flaws, and won't really affect my judgement since I'm kinda used to it. What I don't understand is why people expecting too much from a 2400 Y toys, and disliking it just because it doesn't have as much details and gimmicks as over 10000 Y toys. I'm not that wealthy, but after spending 16000 Y for a dx chogokin, the revos price suddenly become way too cheap, thus I'll forgive the flaws.

because ugly is ugly whether you're paying $20 or $200; and I'd rather pay $150 for something good then pay $30 for junk.

My problem with the Revolting joint system, is not so much the ball part of the joint, but rather the peg/socket interface which loosens up very quickly. I've owned a few Revoltings and bought a few for my son and invariably, during posing or play, the pegs frequently work their way out of a socket and a limb drops off! Not too high in frustration factor, but annoying none the less.

Then of course,there's the shoddy paint aps, use of PVC, which I hate as a material for mecha toys, due to the non-crisp detail and edges you get the fact that with most of the toys you are stuck in a spread leg stance.

Frankly, they are not even worth 2,400 yen. I threw out all of mine accept for the Regults, which themselves are quite frustrating as getting them to balance can be a challenge.

Graham

The problem with Revo is that they made for dynamic pose. It needs a good imagination (or references) to make your revos look good on your display. Pose it in 'just stand there' static pose, and you'll get an ugly toy. It's not something that you'll expect to amaze people simply by details or size. I gotta admit that revos are hit or miss for some people. Even I'm somewhat picky about them. The Laevatein is awesome, but newer Arbalest is a pass for me, for example. I'll pick designs that has no other figure incarnations like Laevatein, Dangaioh, or dix-neuf...but then there's so many alternatives for VF-1, transformable or not. I assume you guys already have a lot of valkyrie toy variants in your shelf, so I can understand your decision to pass this one....But I then don't have any transformable VF-1 toys yet .

My point is, all flaws that I mentioned above are all common for a revoltech.

Actually - no they aren't. The majority of Revoltechs are at least anime accurae sculpts of the super robot in question. These transformable Valkyrie sacrifice the one selling point that helps Revoltech stand out: super poseable/cheap/anime accurate.

Since usually - it is not hard to acquire CHEAP toys of anime robots - but everybody wanted cheap AND super poseable AND anime accurate.

My problem with the Revoltingâ„¢ joint system, is not so much the ball part of the joint, but rather the peg/socket interface which loosens up very quickly. I've owned a few Revoltingsâ„¢ and bought a few for my son and invariably, during posing or play, the pegs frequently work their way out of a socket and a limb drops off! Not too high in frustration factor, but annoying none the less.

Then of course,there's the shoddy paint aps, use of PVC, which I hate as a material for mecha toys, due to the non-crisp detail and edges you get the fact that with most of the toys you are stuck in a spread leg stance.

Frankly, they are not even worth 2,400 yen. I threw out all of mine accept for the Regults, which themselves are quite frustrating as getting them to balance can be a challenge.

2400 yen - arguabley not.

1500 yen...? Arguably yes.

The problem with Revoltechs is that, Japanese retail for them jumped from the latter to the former from the time they were first introduced. This really hurts their competitiveness because the more expensive they are, the more things like PVC, non-transformation or "ugly" Revoltech joints hurt the mold.

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that buying "cheap" is bad. Buying quality - no matter the price - is the best. If I can't afford something, I just don't get any "version" of it and wait until I can afford the best version possible.

Usually, for super robots that means Soul of Chogokin, and for Macross (sans Frontier) it means Yamato.

This really leaves only Fraulein as desirable Revoltech purchases - but even here Max Factory's figmas are winning out by virtue of sheer quantity and pace of anime girls they offer.

Kaiyodo did do Gurren Lagann mecha, which made me very happy - but given that there's really nothing to compare them too - it's kind of a given that Revoltech Gurren Lagann are "the best Gurren Lagann mecha on the market" ...because really...what else is there? Nothing really...

We'll see. So far - Kaiyodo's offerings for this year are really really sparce compared to Max Factory.

They DO have lots of CUTE characters - like the Yotsubas, the Rikis, the Laytons and the stuff like that - not that I own any of it...but those would be some Revoltechs I'd pick up with spare cash just for the cute anime factor.

Beyond that though...well...basically .... they are getting more expensive, there are too few girls and human characters - they really blew their chance to make Macross characters - even for Frontier (if they could, or does Bandai have exclusivity in that range?) - they wasted the last quarter of 2010 making six million color varients of Idol Master Strawberry blackberry blueberry nobody knows or cares who you are and their Queen's Blade line have failing asses.

Although - in all fairness - Queen's Blade seems to be the best thing they've got going for themselves now.

Also - I guess if you're a Fist of the North Star fan - then you think Kaiyodo are God.

It all ultimately sort of boils down to what anime you like and what you're willing to spend.

Revoltech aren't all that bad - I had considered at one point having a huge collection of them -- but really...they are just kind of not for me...

I so prefer the Soul of Chogokin super robots to Revoltech. Revoltech are just not satisfying enough. No transformation abilities (even no parts forming) just take away half the fun...

Certainly I think these transformable Valkyries are a total bomb. I don't know who came up with the bright idea to make these things...

Pete

I'd like to throw in that I LIKE Revoltech's. I've got a few, and I enjoy the one's I have.

but I like them because they look good and are fun to pose in one mode. these things DO NOT look good at all. Also the Revoltech battroid's have a certain charm to them that these lack. A poseable, stylized strike valk for 25 bucks is cool; an ugly, cheap transforming VF-1 isn't.

(also Revoltech's are a rip off if you have to pay more than $25 for one. all the one's I have I got cheap at local stores)