Revoltech Full Transformation Valkyrie

Funkenstein

You know what I just noticed? It doesn't have a trigger-finger hand....just a fist holding a gun...

it could be worse, it could have no thumbs

yam_vf1_battroidfinal0016.jpg

the proportions on this thing really remind me of the VF-2SS for some reason though.

I just found out these are coming out and popped on over here to see what the word/news on them was. Surprised to see them receiving this much criticism. Knowing it's a Revoltech, I figured the engineering is all about an anime'ish and articulate battroid mode with the gerwalk/fighter modes just being extra gravy. Gerwalk looks ok, but fighter mode is definitely pretty stubby.

I would like to see these side by side with the Toynami 1/100's. Although I'm not seeing any weapon accessories for the Revoltech like the Toynami's have. No landing gear accessories either. However, I'd imagine these Revoltech's will be 10x's more durable than the Toynami, if not more. These are on my radar now.

I just found out these are coming out and popped on over here to see what the word/news on them was. Surprised to see them receiving this much criticism. Knowing it's a Revoltech, I figured the engineering is all about an anime'ish and articulate battroid mode with the gerwalk/fighter modes just being extra gravy. Gerwalk looks ok, but fighter mode is definitely pretty stubby.

I would like to see these side by side with the Toynami 1/100's. Although I'm not seeing any weapon accessories for the Revoltech like the Toynami's have. No landing gear accessories either. However, I'd imagine these Revoltech's will be 10x's more durable than the Toynami, if not more. These are on my radar now.

More durable and infinitely more poseable. They put the old Kaiyodo garage kit based super poseables, to shame.

:rolleyes: We get it, some people like the toy, and some don't. Just like every other toy. What is the fascination with coming back to a thread over and over again to crap on something?

Thanks. It is a good point. I will stay clear of this thread since I have mistakenly overstated my opinion. Peace...

I was looking over a 1980s 1/100 Takatoku variable Valk in my collection the other day, and was struck by how similar the Variable Revoltech's fighter mode is to the old Takatoku, but not in a positive way.

Points to them on the effort and the pricepoint (especially), but they're just stylistically ugly to my eye in almost every possible way - which is too bad for everyone involved. Very disappointing.

I was looking over a 1980s 1/100 Takatoku variable Valk in my collection the other day, and was struck by how similar the Variable Revoltech's fighter mode is to the old Takatoku

This is this thing's charm, to me. ^_^ However, I would not want this if it was a larger, more expensive product.

More pics here : http://www.akibaos.com/?p=6134

Click on the photos for bigger size.

Note the price: 2400yen

Not a bad price IMO.

No matter what one may think about the sculpt, Revoltechs have always been good for those who like to play and pose their figures. They're great for making anime-like poses. Few toys match Revoltechs for pure posing fun. Best of all, they're cheap and rugged. No fears about fragility, stressed plastic, or ruining a valuable 3-figure priced toy.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it looks fun. I sold off my Valk collection, so this and some Regults to blow the crap out of will be a lot of fun.

These are toys, dudes. I don't want to play with a Valk and then be like "Wait, I gotta put away the Gerwalk antenna and find the swappable parts for where the legs go when I put it into Valkyrie mode".

I've owned a lot of Valks, and my fave is still the Chunky Monkey. I want Valks I can PLAY with.

He mentioned the chunky monkey, so naturally i threw in v.2 (and 1/48 plus the other 1/60's) ^_^

and DX-25 needs part swap? wtf? don't own one, so that i wouldn't know about, and won't care lol. ^_^ ^_^ DX-27 looks fantastic though. v.2 DX-25 would be nice.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

He mentioned the chunky monkey, so naturally i threw in v.2 (and 1/48 plus the other 1/60's) ^_^

and DX-25 needs part swap? wtf? don't own one, so that i wouldn't know about, and won't care lol. ^_^ ^_^ DX-27 looks fantastic though. v.2 DX-25 would be nice.

well, kinda. to put the armor on you need to swap out the hip guns, and then there's the hands and for the full armor gerwalk mode you need to put in a brace to hold everything up.

Yeha it looks really heavy lol.

So back on this revy, i've gone stale on it again. :( 30US whatever it is should be spent on the 11C's. Prioritizing i'm afraid.

Yeah, I'll get it if I see it in a retail store, but I'm not going out of my way for it.

god these look terrible. I'm not sure what's worse; the stand connecting to the fighter via the nose, or the little stub hand's sticking out of the back in fighter mode

Damn, that Hikaru '1A looks like it lost a bar fight! I'm starting to think I may have to skip these and only potentially buy one to go on my desk if they come out with Strike/Super Packs. There's enough VF-1 figures out there so that ugly just don't cut it, especially with Bandai's new HI-METAL VF-1 on the horizon.

god these look terrible. I'm not sure what's worse; the stand connecting to the fighter via the nose, or the little stub hand's sticking out of the back in fighter mode

The fighter's most likely using the same stand connection point the battroid would use. Definitely dissappointing, but for a Revoltech that transforms, somewhat expected. The connection point is a revoltech joint too, which unlike the Toynami's display stand, means that this is going to last, tolerate and more importantly hold all the positions you want to try.

There's connection points from the wrists to the underside of the tail wings, something the Toynami doesn't have so this should definitely hold together in fighter mode better than the Toynami does. Although I don't understand what's going on with the minimized hands in fighter mode, but if you don't have them on there, it's going to be a visible peg. The Toynami has an empty socket for hands to peg into. I wish this would have done the same because it wouldn't have looked as out of place in fighter mode. I don't like how the gun dips downwards either, but at least it looks like it's locked in a firm position.

I'm still interested in at least one of these. I'm certain these will be far Far FAR more durable than the Toynamis, which I like, but which are more for display than for any type of handling. Revoltechs are figures that are made for grabbing regularly and putting in dynamic poses, which is why they have those cool strong joints, and which is something the Toynami can definitely not regularly endure. Looking at it side by side with the Regult(which I assume is also the Revoltech), it's looking like this will be almost the same exact size as the Toynami too. So they're not really in proper scale with the battlepod either.

It's a Revoltech battroid first. Some of those battroid poses they show would be real difficult with the Toynami. The rest is just gravy, imo. This definitely isn't for everyone.

I'm extremely disappointed that these aren't smaller. They should have made something small to compete with the Banpresto valks, rather than Toynami's 1/100s. I almost regret preordering one, now. -.- What the hell were you thinking, Kaiyodo!?

On a side note, I see that the hands are roughly the same size...maybe they'll be interchangeable with the smaller revo valks? That way we can get a hand with an actual trigger finger (why the f&*k wasn't it there in the first place!?!) GRRRR!!!!

Cool. That makes me feel a little better about getting one of these.

Another plus over the Toynami is that if it's like other Revoltech's, those numbers and logo details are tampos and not stickers. If the pictures are true to life, than I imagine the Revoltech's going to be much more vibrantly colored than the Toynami too.