Revoltech Full Transformation Valkyrie

Funkenstein

Haha, Graham is gonna rip these to shreds.

I kinda like them though. Like the infamous Banprestos, they're fun-sized, affordable little guys that I can buy for my little brother without worry.

I think I enjoy this type of toy more than Yamatos sometimes.

I'm just going to come out and say it...

these look atrocious, they may honestly look worse than the toynami 1/100's. the quality and play may be a bit better but GOD, these are ugly.

I like the non-transforming Revoltech VF's, but these... definitely pass.

AGREED! <_<

lol.. the intakes are hueg. And they are so badly carved out from behind, that it looks worse than the upper legs of the YF-19.

It doesnt even fit together with the huge ball joints bulging out of it in fighter mode... I never remembered fighter mode to be so boxy before XD

To be fair though, they are working at a small scale and trying to build posable revo-joint figures. >_>

Edited by Cent

I'll probably get a '1S to check it out and see what it's like. I generally like the revoltech series so far, so it'll be interesting to see how they cope with the transformation. I got suckered with one of those Banpresto POS valks so I'd be surprised if they are as lame as that, but you never know. They get a chance.

If revoltech does some of the more obscure add-ons (armored packs, strike packs, Ostrich, Elint, etc) that would be good, and the prospect of transformation in their mecha line has tantalizing possibilities for other robots.

I must say that given the price, it's a value deal - but there are times that I prefer to pay more for quality, and this is one of those moments.

I know I am not their target customers...

I would still probably get a 1S just to get a real taste out of it.

I'll probably pick one up out of curiousity (and because it's cheap), but I want to see some commitment before my next purchase. Hate to see that this is just a one shot try for revoltech. Extend the line to just one other macross series, and I'll collect them all.

Accessory wise, the display models doesn't seem able to mount super packs. Well there's the peculiar large nubs on top of the fighter mode, but there's no visible mounting points on the legs or the wings.

I'm just going to come out and say it...

these look atrocious, they may honestly look worse than the toynami 1/100's. the quality and play may be a bit better but GOD, these are ugly.

I like the non-transforming Revoltech VF's, but these... definitely pass.

My sentiments exactly.

These are pretty much like Transformers but made of rubbery plastic and with revolver joints rather than ball joints. I don't mean that as a compliment.

Look - the nose is was too far out - you can see the chest doesn't "fold" over the cockpit at all, making for a kind of Macross II elongated battroid. The big revoltech joints in the upper legs just stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm not saying that, for the price, it's not worth it...

Or maybe...no...

For the price - it's not worth it.

So what if it's 2500 JPY retail? It looks like the limbs just hang in mid air with no connection to the battroid.

I dunno. A for effort. It's fun that they're experimenting with transformable revoltechs.

But personally - I would have preffered it if, instead of taking on something as complex as Macross, they maybe did a transformable Getter Robo or something like that.

This just doesn't look like it'll work.

Pete

Look - the nose is was too far out - you can see the chest doesn't "fold" over the cockpit at all, making for a kind of Macross II elongated battroid. The big revoltech joints in the upper legs just stick out like a sore thumb.

I totally would have sacrificed the torso joint for a chest and torso to slide together a bit.

Actually - either their marketing studies contradict my common sense, or Kayodo blew it big time because...

If they were intent on capitalizing on Macross and their Macross license, they could have given us something that doesn't exist on the market AT ALL and that I'm sure fans would gobble up: Fraulein Misa, Fraulein Minmey, Fraulein Ranka, Fraulein Sheryl.

Instead we get these piece of crap rejects.

Pete

Actually - either their marketing studies contradict my common sense, or Kayodo blew it big time because...

If they were intent on capitalizing on Macross and their Macross license, they could have given us something that doesn't exist on the market AT ALL and that I'm sure fans would gobble up: Fraulein Misa, Fraulein Minmey, Fraulein Ranka, Fraulein Sheryl.

I'll buy all of them. In different outfits too.

I'll probably pick one up out of curiousity (and because it's cheap), but I want to see some commitment before my next purchase. Hate to see that this is just a one shot try for revoltech. Extend the line to just one other macross series, and I'll collect them all.

i'm probably getting one out of curiosity as well, and it's a decent price range for an "expendable" Macross toy.

Accessory wise, the display models doesn't seem able to mount super packs. Well there's the peculiar large nubs on top of the fighter mode, but there's no visible mounting points on the legs or the wings.

at first, i thought the nubs were some kind of mounting point for fastpacks, but the newer pics show what they really are. they're the ends of the double-revoltech joints for the arms & chest/back plate.

that's kind of a downer... woulda been nice if they could use the non-transformable version's fastpacks.

Well in all fairness...what did people expect them to look like?

I mean..."transformable Revoltech" doesn't sound right because if your focus is super poseability - to the point of actually being perfectly anime accurate - then you really can't incorporate transformation as well.

It's just not possible - especially not with revolver joints.

Pete