Revoltech Full Transformation Valkyrie

Funkenstein

3955063584_88104320ca.jpg

First picture of the revoltech Valkyrie in its fighter mode. This is very tantalizing, considering the high amount of DOF on revoltech figures. Maybe Toynami will make a Stealth Valkyrie 2.0 out of this guy?

Its hard to tell if this is a parts-former, but I dont think any of us would mind that.

Source

Edited by Funkenstein

Yeah, I want Zoids more than a VF-1 too. Wonder if they'll make any of the characters from the anime----Reese and Feena (sp) are ripe for the Fraulein line...

Now, a Revoltech Mylene valk, THAT I'd pay a lot for.

No way, if we ever get a Fraulein zoids characters, it has to be of Kotona

5725c60ed6eb89e525de2b82f84ebf1d.jpg

But anyways, back to macross. I think the tiny picture looks like crap so far; proportions all out of whack etc. I actually would get a MAXL revoltech, but only a Non-transforming one.

I think for me it would depend on a combination of durability and price point. I love the Yamato Valks I've been able to collect so far, but I'm afraid to transform them too often for fear of floppy joint syndrome or (much less of a worry, I'm careful and none of them are v1's) accidental breakage. I'd love to find a cheaper, good-looking alternative to actually toy around with at will without worry of ruining an expensive collection-worthy item, without being partsforming-heavy or a total piece of crap. I haven't had any exposure to Revos yet but they seem to have a pretty good reputation; if the PT version here is sturdy, properly transforming and even generally close to the lineart for a decent price, I for one may be interested.

I'm definitely intrigued. I'm wondering how perfect their purported 'perfect' transformation is on something of this scale (is it supposed to be the same scale as the previous revoltechs?). I hope they do a decent enough job to spur them on to do a valk that ISN'T A VF-1!

Any other valk but VF-1 would interest me...

These Japanese toy companies need to take bolder steps if they ever want to win market share. Is Yamato the only company that did NOT start the Macross line with VF-1?

Would that not just be Range of Motion?

Range of motion would be something like 90 to 120 degrees, you know, a range of motion. Like a revoltech joint has a range of axial motion of about 100 degrees.

Addendum: If I haven't stated this before, Im an engineer. So the only way I knew how to explain the flexibility of the of the revoltech figures is with degrees of freedom.

Edited by Funkenstein

Whoa.....that came out of the blue. Not looking that great IMO though. Intakes look huge. Will likely pass. If they make other PT VF, may consider, depending on how they look. Too many other, better VF-1 toys out there. Graham
To be honest, the most ideal choice for a Revoltech PT Valkyrie is the VF-2SS IMHO. The design lends itself to dynamic posing, like the midway points of the OVA's where it shows it turning around then doing a pose. I'd especially be excited if Kaiyodo uses this as an opportunity to make a deluxe set for a VF-2SS SAP with attack bits on their own stands

Wow! Interesting, didn't see that coming!

Kaiyodo is just picking up licensees all over the place with Revoltech now, I thought they'd ditched Macross for Gurren lagan etc etc.

I have tp say the fighter mode looks pretty terrible, but I'm rather fond of Revoltechs as the ones I have just keep getting better. And in comparison to my other Japanese toys they are indestructible. :lol:

Although to be honest the other releases look even more interesting, I hope the Zoid one is affordable unlike every other poseable non Tomy Zoid to date.

I like Revys and I'm totally not interested.

Sigh

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT A GLAUG TO GO WITH THEIR REGULT WOULD NOT SELL BETTER THAN ANOTHER VALK!?

____

I see Overdrive still has their Regult, that's the problem. Those should be long gone. If they were we would have our Revy Glaug by now . . .

That's a lot easier for you to say when it isn't your mealticket on the line.

Their meal tickets being on the line is exactly the reason they need to do it right. Trying to compete in an already saturated market won't do them any good, especially if there is nothing special that differentiates their products. The Macross universe has expanded quite a bit since the original series, and there's plenty of blue oceans where toy companies can find a niche.

Their meal tickets being on the line is exactly the reason they need to do it right. Trying to compete in an already saturated market won't do them any good, especially if there is nothing special that differentiates their products. The Macross universe has expanded quite a bit since the original series, and there's plenty of blue oceans where toy companies can find a niche.

Being revoltech perfect transformation differentiates them plenty.

I find the idea of Revy zoids a million times more interesting than transforming Valks.
^this

I don't give a sh*t about small scale transforming valks. Now maybe if they had a ton of enemies in scale with them I'd change my mind but I doubt it. Still be better to have 3 different modes sold as stand alone units imo.

Yeah, I want Zoids more than a VF-1 too. Wonder if they'll make any of the characters from the anime----Reese and Feena (sp) are ripe for the Fraulein line...

Now, a Revoltech Mylene valk, THAT I'd pay a lot for.

How can they surpass the absorption pad laden Yujin versions?!

I'm on the fence here... Proportions look pretty bad. Not only the big intakes - but look at the legs...they aren't...well...flush with the "backpack" in fighter mode... they just kind of hang there...sort of like Toynami's 1/100.

On principle, I have nothing against transforming Revoltechs... but... well... no comment until I see more.

Pete

I think that Kaiyodo has had their market research as far as the VF-1 with their battroid revoltechs. Obviously those sold well enough for them to pursue another version of the VF-1. I can't blame them for wanting to make more of such a milkable product. I applaud them for making the only Macross enemy mech out there but how far can you take the that mold with simple repaints?

You also have to remember that people that buy those VF-1s are not just Macross collectors but there are also Revoltech collectors that just happen to buy the VF-1s to complete their collections.

With that being said I'm passing on all small scale valks. The cost just adds up and I end up missing one of the bigger purchases. I'm interested to see how this thing looks in both modes though.

Always when we purchase a VF-1 toy, another is announced. Why can`t they make something new or never been produced.

Here's a list so far from all those VF-1's (Transforming ver.) :

VF-1 1/55 (Takatoku/ Bandai).

VF-1 1/100 (Takatoku/ Bandai).

VF-1 1/60 (Yamato).

VF-1 1/100 (Banpresto).

VF-1 1/48 (Yamato).

VF-1 1/100 (Toynami).

VF-1 1/60 Ver. 02 (Yamato).

VF-1 1/100 Hi Metal (Bandai) TBA.

VF-1 unknown scale (kaiydo) TBA.

Anything else ?

They keep making VF-1 toys because people keep buying them. I see nothing wrong with that.

As for this Revoltech version, I'd like to see some good pics of it before commenting. I may get one out of curiosity, but I'm much more interested in the Revoltech Booska.

Always when we purchase a VF-1 toy, another is announced. Why can`t they make something new or never been produced.

Here's a list so far from all those VF-1's (Transforming ver.) :

VF-1 1/55 (Takatoku/ Bandai).

VF-1 1/100 (Takatoku/ Bandai).

VF-1 1/60 (Yamato).

VF-1 1/100 (Banpresto).

VF-1 1/48 (Yamato).

VF-1 1/100 (Toynami).

VF-1 1/60 Ver. 02 (Yamato).

VF-1 1/100 Hi Metal (Bandai) TBA.

VF-1 unknown scale (kaiydo) TBA.

Anything else ?

There's also the Toynami Masterpiece (forgot the scale but I think it's 1/55) and the Bandai HCM.

I bought 3 Regults, and i'm damn sure alot of us bought multiples as well.

I have 5. They are very cool. Plus, how often do we get a Regult?! They need to bring out other Macross enemy mecha/characters besides this VF-1. Getting sick of VF-1 toys in this scale or similar scale. Why not milk the Regult mold and release the other variations.