YF-25 prophecy

optimator88

I hadn't seen much discussion on this kit. I just ordered mine online from Family Mart, and was wondering if anyone had been able to pick one up early. It's a little pricy but will come with a ticket to the new movie.

This is my first frontier model, and the pics I've seen look great. Especially the new head. That was the one area I didn't really care for on the VF-25, too bug like for me. The YF-25's head almost reminds me of the ship out of fantasy zone.

post-9363-1253670562_thumb.jpeg

I hadn't seen much discussion on this kit. I just ordered mine online from Family Mart, and was wondering if anyone had been able to pick one up early. It's a little pricy but will come with a ticket to the new movie.

This is my first frontier model, and the pics I've seen look great. Especially the new head. That was the one area I didn't really care for on the VF-25, too bug like for me. The YF-25's head almost reminds me of the ship out of fantasy zone.

I don't know... shops here are accepting pre order for 600HKD each

I don't know if it's the paint scheme or the shape of the head, but it seems to "fill-out" the normally anorexic VF-25 rather nicely. I'll probably pick one up at some point if they make a normal production version.

Consider that it's just a VF-25 mold with a new head and cockpit layout...I think it's just the camera angle.

Consider that it's just a VF-25 mold with a new head and cockpit layout...I think it's just the camera angle.

Indeed. I thought that this YF was supposed to be somewhat 'exclusive' though, but if it's not, so much the better. That having been said, the color choice and scheme can really make or break the look of a model. While all the VF-25s are essentially the same airframe with a few different details, the color scheme from Luca's plane seems to accentuate the battroid's shape the best, whereas ironically, the Ozma grey/white seems to flatter it the least.

Hey guys, you may want to wait till after the premiere of the MF movie before you get this as now they're offering it in a package: movie ticket + the model... if i'm not wrong.

I hope to get the model alone if they're going to sell it separately after the release of the movie. That way it should be a lot cheaper without having to pay for the movie ticket as well...

anybody knows where to buy this on-line?

Last Over-Drive-Inc.com newsleter says:

"We will still taking orders for the YF-25 Model kit that will be sold along with the Macross Frontier movie tickets. Please contact us if you have any intrest in purchasing it."

i second u schizophrenicMC.

i've checked with overdrive-inc.com, they quoted USD91 :wacko: for a kit + the movie ticket(which is useless for me i think).

will bandai rerelease the kit separately after the release of the movie? or is this kit really a limited edition?

Edited by shinagami

Now I know what that reminds me of.. It's basically a rough color variation on the YF-16 demonstrator model scheme, with completely different tails.

Hehe.. and I just got a 1/72 YF-16 kit from a friend. I think it's time for a mashup...this one could really benefit from a brighter red, and matching tails. ^_^