SDF-1 pics please

Blitzwing

Hi guys, this is it, let me explain.

I would like your help to get some good - or extra awesome good - images of the SDF-1 in both configurations, to give you an idea, I would like stuff like this:

It doesn't have to be extra super big budget hollywood CG, but neither crappy cartoonish stuff, something nice, cool-awesome

Thanks in advance for any help. ^_^

post-1662-1253611995_thumb.jpg

post-1662-1253612058_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, this is it, let me explain.

I would like your help to get some good - or extra awesome good - images of the SDF-1 in both configurations, to give you an idea, I would like stuff like this:

It doesn't have to be extra super big budget hollywood CG, but neither crappy cartoonish stuff, something nice, cool-awesome

Thanks in advance for any help. ^_^

What are you up to, then?

Hi Guys, thanks for reply.

My idea is getting a custom bedding, that's all.

As for the pics, both series & DYRL should be fine, though......I would lean more towards DYRL due to the less "cartoonish" painting&finishes details.

Ah... Well, I'm among the hardcore TV fans, but if you really, really want the DYRL? version, take this.

Hi guys, me again!

What you posted is great, i still remember those SDF renderings, Im still amazed at how great they are.

Awesome indeed.

However....................Im afraid they wont quite "cut it" you'll see...mmm...let me try to explain a little more. Well, the intention, the reason for wanting nice-great-AWESOME pics is; I would like to get me a custom duvet cover (or bedspread) portraying the SDF-1 <yeah, crazy isn't it?>

So those images, though impressive, dont convey the "spirit" I want in the cover.

Thats why I posted the example pics before, like on the 1 with the SDF in stormatack mode, it could work fine for a twin size bed cover, and maybe later (why not) a pillow cover with it on cruisier mode. They are both fine, but...still have a little of that "cartoonish" presentation for my taste. Unfortunately I cant fix it myself, cant photoshop edit colors hue nor anything (long-long nefarious story :angry: ) soooo, thats why Im lurking on the web & also coming here asking for help.

For example, here I share with you a few "jewels" I managed to find:

I think they give a good idea of what i looking after, though the last one is leaning more than the others to cartoonish aside of not being the SDF- 1 but M Cannons, but.......well, hope you get the idea.

Thanks for the help you are giving guys

PD: nice avatar Zinjo

post-1662-1253858511_thumb.jpg

post-1662-1253858562_thumb.jpg

post-1662-1253858600_thumb.jpg

If you're worried about a cartoon looking cartoonish, I suggest you wait until you're about through with puberty to do something like this. Then, your 13-year-old pride will be intact and you can just move on and put pokemon bedsheets back on and remember the good old days and...

Damn, I lost those pokemon bedsheets...

Anyway, if you're doing it for bedsheets, I assume you're a bit younger than me (please be younger than me! I hate being the forum's youngest). If that's the case (even if it isn't), there's no problem at all with cartoony bedsheets. Might as well go the whole 9 yards. Besides, the TV SDF-1 has a much better sheet presence. Stick a generic light blue background with the TV SDF-1 in cruiser mode at a diagonal across the sheet and now I wish I had money to make such a thing.

If you're worried about a cartoon looking cartoonish, I suggest...

OH for cosmic sake! What one have to put up <_< Deal with such...<sigh> anyway. It doesn't have to do anything with being afraid of "looking childish" or some crap like that. I couldn't care less what he or she relative/neighbor or unknown imbecile afar thinks.

1- Is a gift/luxury I want to pamper myself with

2- Its a matter of STYLE & getting what I want, not if its cartoonish, oil painting like or photo real.

Yeah sure, MACROSS is an anime, anime is pretty much a glorified cultist term for cartoons that happen to be made in Japan. Like Archie and Watchmen are both comics, STILL theres some differences.

Ok, since it doesn't seem to be clear I'll try to simplify it giving a simple example:

Say, I ask for "cool-out standing-awesome" pics of iron man, cause im a fan, saw cartoons, collected the comics etc etc etc. Now, fastforward to 2009, an adult, with money, suddenly say to myself " my ol bedding is just done, too old & used almost ruined, I need to substitute it...WAIT! WHY NOT ORDER AN IRON MAN DUVET COVER! I need the damn thing anyway, why not??!! Would be cool!!!! "

Soooo, I proceed to look for some COOL images to get the custom job, BUT, DAMN IT, I want a custom work not an average lame common ordinary thing, pretending it is "custom".

And again I WANT IT MY WAY, COOL, and here comes the difference (and example) i can go with something like this:

DARK_IRON_MAN_by_nazmiO.jpg

or maybe something like these:

Sam_Liu_Iron_Man_by_dcjosh.jpg

I___am___Iron_Man____by_V2Buster.jpg

AND THEN there is this:

Lil_Iron_Man_by_tyrannus.jpg

The first pic is stylish, agressive, cool. The next 2 are fine too. Last 1...childish- CARTOONISH.

All are depictions of IRON MAN, a comic character- COMIC stuff from marvel -now part of Disney - still, despite being the generic lame superhero sci-fi/fantasy stuff for kids. One is stylish, COOL; the other is like the drawing of an elementary school kid.

Got the point? Man I hope so, cause I can put it any more simple :unsure:

Thats why, for example, i posted the last batch of SDF pics, with 1 with the cannons pointed to attack and the other 1 from the magazine just orbiting, both are good depictions, true to the design BUT not cartoonish= no creamy painting, basic detailing & that kind of stuff, more akin to cheap comic strip frame than to the 80's Macross box art.

I daresay this lug

macross-attack.gif

is cooler than this guy

macross-dyrl-attack.gif

Looks cleaner and less like it was left to rust for 100 years at the bottom of the Atlantic, dredged up and slapped with some spray paint and shoved into active duty.

Now, I have no problem with you wanting what you want. To each his own. I'm just making a suggestion as to what I think would be more fun to have.

For example, I'd rather have this Charizard on my bedsheets

charizard.gif

than this Charizard

Charizard_by_AnnaJ.jpg

or this one

I_choose_you__Charizard_by_Shiro_Kuro.jpg

Sure, they have better stylization, but do I really want that on my bedsheets at night? Will they always remind me of the thing I love?

The unstylized regular Charizard is the Charizard I know and love. It's nostalgic. So, it's my choice.

God, you don't have to shoot me down for a suggestion.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

I daresay this lug

macross-attack.gif

is cooler than this guy

macross-dyrl-attack.gif

Looks cleaner and less like it was left to rust for 100 years at the bottom of the Atlantic, dredged up and slapped with some spray paint and shoved into active duty.

Now, I have no problem with you wanting what you want. To each his own. I'm just making a suggestion as to what I think would be more fun to have.

For example, I'd rather have this Charizard on my bedsheets

charizard.gif

than this Charizard

Charizard_by_AnnaJ.jpg

or this one

I_choose_you__Charizard_by_Shiro_Kuro.jpg

Sure, they have better stylization, but do I really want that on my bedsheets at night? Will they always remind me of the thing I love?

The unstylized regular Charizard is the Charizard I know and love. It's nostalgic. So, it's my choice.

God, you don't have to shoot me down for a suggestion.

The DYRL mods show up in Macross Frontier as the SDF-4, FYI.