Yamato 1:60 Max and Miria vf 22 repaints!!!!!!

rick dieck

My resolve has been broken. M&M VF 22's have been ordered. My theory is that releases are going to be far and few between this year after the V2 VF-1 onslaught so should give my wallet some recouping time.

Funnily I have never transformed the YF-21 out of fighter mode. So I guess these 2 will go in Gerwalk and Battroid mode.

Picked up the Max VF-22S yesterday and noticed the blue plastic of the back section seems to be a slightly darker shade that the rest of the VF.

Anybody else notice this on theirs?

Graham

I noticed this on mine. But it looks like the back section has a smoother finish, and the rest of the plastic has a little more of a matte finish. I think this gives the illusion of a shading difference.

Great, hoping to have an indepth review as well, if possible, and pictures of the batroid mode without the air fin covers. Now that everyone is worried about the 1/60 vf-1 shoulder breackage, not many people are posting in this thread anymore, including Graham who recently bought one!!!

Picked up the Max VF-22S yesterday and noticed the blue plastic of the back section seems to be a slightly darker shade that the rest of the VF.

Anybody else notice this on theirs?

Graham

I have to inspect mine in more natural light conditions but it looked fine to me.

Just got mine today but barely had time to handle it. Ill try to make time over the weekend.

EDIT: Some comparison pics

th_YamatoMacross1-10-2010013.jpg

th_YamatoMacross1-10-2010008.jpg

th_YamatoMacross1-10-2010009.jpg

th_YamatoMacross1-10-2010015.jpg

th_YamatoMacross1-10-2010016.jpg

th_YamatoMacross1-10-2010017.jpgth_YamatoMacross1-10-2010025.jpg

Edited by bluemax151

still having difficulty making up my mind, and since i can only have 1 vf-22 or yf-21, i need more pics!!!

can you guys take pictures of the vf-22 max in the following pics i found on the yf-21 in the MacrossWorld forums, which are absolute beauties, this would for sure help me make the decision if i could get the vf-22 max in such poses. Right now, leaning towards the yf-21 because of the canopy is more agressive (bigest point at the moment), the fast packs, and the nice stand, but like the color scheme of the vf-22 max better. Notice how on the picture, the "hat" is pointing downwards, that give the figure a real nice look. Without the guns, it looks better. In fighter mode, pls notice the plane is pointing dowwards as if tgoing towards the grown. Similarly with the gerwalk. Its too bad no one did any videos on youtube, could this mean these two new molds arent doing too well??? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Arthurius

Got any in Gerwalk?
I was going to take some but my friend and I both decided it wasn't worth it since it's the 21/22's ugliest mode.

I really only like 21/22 in fighter since it looks like the Black Widow II.

@Arthurius

The fast packs are basically a joke and that's from a design standpoint not even a toy one.

The stand with the 21 is really not worth it. The Yamato launch arm stand or the flexi stands are like 100x better.

I prefer the gunpods because of the whole Bluegazer operation from M7. They weren't really a big deal in Plus though so I could see how they aren't iconic to the 21.

I've been discussing starting up an import toy review youtube account with my buddy. No promises though B))

Edited by bluemax151

Damn I hope these come on sale somewhere sometime. I just can't justify the current price to myself right now. Especially considering the spending spree I went on last year. The M&Ms do look great though.

Anyone want to take pics of the M&M VF-22s with VF-1s? Please?

still having difficulty making up my mind, and since i can only have 1 vf-22 or yf-21, i need more pics!!!

If you're going to get only one, get the YF-21 B))

Haven't received my M&M VF-22's yet, but QC wise, both my YF-21 and Gamlin VF-22 are top notch. If I had to chose it'd be the YF-21 hands down.

If you like the color scheme of the VF-22 Max better, then you already answered your question (the VF-22 canopy will grow on you!!)

Ignacio, thanks for the comments, could you tell me why you would chose the yf-21 hands down? Would like to hear the details. Decision is soooo hard to make with limited budget and to keep wife happy. I do hope the canopy does grow on me, cause it is right now the thing that bugs me the most about the vf-22 max, i do like the paint scheme otherwise. In fighter mode, with the limited pictures available, the yf-21 looks more agressive, and pilot cant be shown in batroid mode. Alternativey, i was thinking maybe puting gold paint over the canopy, not sure if that would work out though.

BlueMax151: thanks for the comments as well, you mentioned the yamato arm and the flexidisplay. I have both of these, and i also have the Gundam stands. That said, i never seen any pics of the yf-21 or vf-22 with these stands in BATROID mode. Is it doable, specially the yamato arm which is strong???

I was going to take some but my friend and I both decided it wasn't worth it since it's the 21/22's ugliest mode.

I def light fighter the best, but also love the VF-22's Gerwalk. The Toy is one of Yamato's best renditions, as well. Most stable and what not, as well.

Anyone want to take pics of the M&M VF-22s with VF-1s? Please?

Like the M&M 1Js vs the M&M 22s?

Like a page back I've got the Milia comparison and I've got the 1D vs Max 22 this page (which is basically the same as the 1J).

@Arthurius

I don't have any saved anywhere but I've seen some on Mworld before, definitely possible. The stand the 21 comes with has a huge footprint since it's light, is hardly adjustable and mine tends to fall apart if I touch it at all. I mean it'll sit fine on the shelf by itself but don't move/touch/shake.

BlueMax151: thanks for the comments as well, you mentioned the yamato arm and the flexidisplay. I have both of these, and i also have the Gundam stands. That said, i never seen any pics of the yf-21 or vf-22 with these stands in BATROID mode. Is it doable, specially the yamato arm which is strong???

I'm pretty sure me and ruskii have posted pics in the past of the YF-21 in battroid mode, looking awesome on a flexi.

The flexi's will hold.

Right out of box I have 1x missing Milia 22S knee cap. I sooo hate yamato!!!
See, this is the kind of report that always makes me hesitant to make the leap of purchase. If something like this ever happened to me I'd be beyond livid, if that's even possible.

Did you at least get this from an etailer you can report this to?

See, this is the kind of report that always makes me hesitant to make the leap of purchase. If something like this ever happened to me I'd be beyond livid, if that's even possible.

Did you at least get this from an etailer you can report this to?

It's a retail shop but don't think they have any exchange policy.. Anyway I seriously consider it to be my last yamato.

I'm sure the exchange would work if you explain to them what happened. (faulty product)

Try first. Let them know they are a bad store for selling faulty stuff and that you will scream about how you got ripped off to everyone until they listen. :p

Most people and businesses are reasonable enough to only exchange if something was wrong with the thing they sold. (at least in my experience)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Right out of box I have 1x missing Milia 22S knee cap. I sooo hate yamato!!!

My M&M VF22s arrived today, and I have the same problem. Max is fine, but Milia is missing the right kneecap.

It's the first time I've had a problem with anything I've gotten from Yamato. Guess it was only a matter of time.

post-12718-1263679333_thumb.jpg

Edited by raziel03