Max Jenius Completionists

Cyclone Trooper

A VERY cool fellow Macross member recently just hooked me up with a Max Q-Rau for my fledgling collection (again, thanks Valk009!) of 1/60 Macross mecha. I know that it wasn't exactly the best mecha design for Yamato to start with as far as enemy mecha go, but thus far, its the only one we have...not counting the Toynami Regult coming out at some point in the future. I needed something to square off with the CF-1J I'm still waiting for from HLJ.

So here's my question to those of you who collect each and every Max Valkyrie that comes down the pipe: Do you include the Max Q-Rau among the rather lengthy list of mecha that Jenius piloted throughout his career? Or do you strictly limit things to transformable Valkyries only? The reason I ask is that I don't think I've ever seen the red and blue Q-Raus included alongside their U.N. Spacy counterparts in anyones collections. They seem to always occupy a separate niche as the default "enemies".

Just curious... B))

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I had wanted to group together all my Max-type mecha together on a shelf at one point, but I decided to go with series themes instead. Right now, the Max Q Rau is displayed alongside Miria's Q Rau with my old 1/60 collection. I think once I pick up a VF-1S Max and the other Max 1/60's, I'll put the Q Rau with his other 1/60 mecha. Here's a pic of them. Yes, my shelf needs some major dusting. :rolleyes:

post-683-1253306214_thumb.jpg

Edited by sidearmsalpha

EVERYTHING OF MAX HEHEHEHE

from poseable, transformable, SD, figures ETC jajajaja XD MAX-ADDICT HEHEHEH

in fact, I made a lot of custom max valkyries like the VF-11X from M3, VF-9 (VFC Collection) from M3 too, etc.

I thing that always you must have a north for your collection, like focker types, 1/60, 1/48, hikaru valk's, etc

I collect 1/60, but the main collection is max mech and different gears of him.

Do you include the Max Q-Rau among the rather lengthy list of mecha that Jenius piloted throughout his career? Or do you strictly limit things to transformable Valkyries only? The reason I ask is that I don't think I've ever seen the red and blue Q-Raus included alongside their U.N. Spacy counterparts in anyones collections. They seem to always occupy a separate niche as the default "enemies".

Absolutely!

If Max or Milia piloted it, then it goes on their shelf:

crasis_maxmil1_100.jpg

crasis_maxmil2_100.jpg

crasis_maxmil3_100.jpg

crasis_maxmil4_100.jpg

crasis_maxmil5_100.jpg

crasis_maxmil6_100.jpg

I tend to buy at least 1 of every M&M item for my little shrine. I can't wait for the Virgin Road and the (just revealed!!!) VF-22s!!!

crasis_maxmil7_100.jpg

Anyone foolish enough to mess with Mylene, beware: macronized Max will put the hurt on you!

crasis_maxmil19_100.jpg

Edited by crasis

A VERY cool fellow Macross member recently just hooked me up with a Max Q-Rau for my fledgling collection (again, thanks Valk009!) of 1/60 Macross mecha. I know that it wasn't exactly the best mecha design for Yamato to start with as far as enemy mecha go, but thus far, its the only one we have...not counting the Toynami Regult coming out at some point in the future. I needed something to square off with the CF-1J I'm still waiting for from HLJ.

So here's my question to those of you who collect each and every Max Valkyrie that comes down the pipe: Do you include the Max Q-Rau among the rather lengthy list of mecha that Jenius piloted throughout his career? Or do you strictly limit things to transformable Valkyries only? The reason I ask is that I don't think I've ever seen the red and blue Q-Raus included alongside their U.N. Spacy counterparts in anyones collections. They seem to always occupy a separate niche as the default "enemies".

Just curious... B))

The Yamato Q-Rau is not the best toy in the world, but I love it for its size and decent look.

Surely if you LOVE Max, you've got to get his Q-Rau too! Especially the price has gone this cheap lately (around US$31 around my living area). That's a no brainer.

Not to mention that it would look awesome along the upcoming VF-22S - the 22S borrows a lot of design from the Q-Rau. Can't wait!!!!!

Hey there, I'm just one of you many big Max fans. So far my only targets in transforming VFs are all Max units, though I can buy other character units if it's for action figures (like my Revoltech VF-1J Miria). I only buy when I have extra dough so it's not that many. As of now I only have 2 Toynami 1/100, a Yamato 1/60 VF-1A ver.1 and the Yamato 1/48 VF-1J. Looking forward to getting the 1/60 ver.2 units in time. I'll probably go first with the 1S or 1J then the 1A's.

th_toynami1Amax4.jpg th_toynami1Jmax.jpg th_yamato1601AMax8.jpg th_yamato1481JMax.jpg

Edited by kamadoma

Absolutely!

If Max or Milia piloted it, then it goes on their shelf...

I tend to buy at least 1 of every M&M item for my little shrine. I can't wait for the Virgin Road and the (just revealed!!!) VF-22s!!!

I've scoured eBay and a few other sites looking for the macronized Max figure shown in your Q-Rau, but I can't seem to find him anywhere. Am I to assume that it'd be easier to find the Holy Grail nowadays than it would be to track one of these figures down? I'm looking for one to possibly put in my new Q-Rau, but thus far, to no avail...

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I've scoured eBay and a few other sites looking for the macronized Max figure shown in your Q-Rau, but I can't seem to find him anywhere. Am I to assume that it'd be easier to find the Holy Grail nowadays than it would be to track one of these figures down? I'm looking for one to possibly put in my new Q-Rau, but thus far, to no avail...

I am unsure how difficult to get the figure alone; but if you try to buy the whole Macross Collection Part 3 I believe it would be much easier. It was just re-issued earlier this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Think this is the most suitable thread to post in since the original thread for the M&M 1Js has been clocked.

Released! Together with his wifey's and with their marriage valk too (1/60 Virgin Road thread)!

10094147p.jpg

10094150p.jpg

Edited by BlueMax