Poll - which 1/60 VF would you like to see next from Yamato?

Graham

Which new 1/60 VF would you like to see from Yamato?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. VF Choice

• VF-0D from Macross Zero, including Shin blue color and standard grey color
    • VF-4 from Flash Back 2012
    • VF-17 from Macross 7, including D/S & S Milia types & possibly Super Packs
    • VF-19 from Macross 7, including kai/F/S/P & possibly Super Packs & Sound Booster
    • VF-2SS from Macross II, possibly including SAP

In 2011, there is still the MF movie part 2...

Let's hope something to keep up the momentum by 2012. After all, it's an official year in the Macross universe when Hikaru and Misa and Minmay got disappeared... Time to revive the original a bit I believe?

This poll is now redundant, as for the next couple of years, it will be VF-19 variants.

And **drum roll**, the next VF has already been decided on, it will be the VF-**. :p

Graham

Graham told us the answer already

"as for the next couple of years, it will be VF-19 variants."

So being the one they are working on now is VF-19Kai, the next VF is the VF-19 :D

Probably wishful thinking, but could Graham's VF-** possibly be the VF-25 Messiahs?

Then again, it's only the most natural thing for Yamato to follow up on the Mac7 line and produce the VF-17 after the VF-19's. Besides, it doesn't seem too likely that Bandai would be selling the rights to MF so soon, so I guess it's probably the VF-17 after all.

Ya know after reaally thinking about it, I would really like to see what Yamato could do with the VF-17.

Its varients would sell I'm sure pretty well.

Both the standard and Millia's red would look so sweet on a shelf.

Especially if Yamato goes all out on it like the VF-19 Kai. :)

I would very much like to see a vf-17s, that would be sweet. Also Protect armor for the vf-11c. FYI Did not know the head laser on the vf-11c could point forward in battroid mode, all that is required is some sliding. That aside, VF-17 would be so cool. Nice way to round out my collection, The vf-19 just doesn't do it for me, nor does the vf-22s (too complicated looking, and big, really big, and real estate on my shelves is at a premium.)

Probably wishful thinking, but could Graham's VF-** possibly be the VF-25 Messiahs?

Then again, it's only the most natural thing for Yamato to follow up on the Mac7 line and produce the VF-17 after the VF-19's. Besides, it doesn't seem too likely that Bandai would be selling the rights to MF so soon, so I guess it's probably the VF-17 after all.

VF-17 is the only "main" design from Macross 7 left. With the Fire Valk coming next year, the VF-11C and VF-22S' already out, the 17 is a good choice to fill in the gap.

Though I do hope the VF-- Graham refers to might be VF-4G.

VF-17 is the only "main" design from Macross 7 left. With the Fire Valk coming next year, the VF-11C and VF-22S' already out, the 17 is a good choice to fill in the gap.

Though I do hope the VF-- Graham refers to might be VF-4G.

Agreed. Personally, though, I'd much prefer the VF-4 over the VF-17. Was never much of a fan of the -17's bulky design, although the -17D's nose is an improvement.

Hikaru's first. :p By all means milk the hero colours! White just does it for me, other colours are too busy.

Amen to that.

VF-17 and a few accessory sets (hopefully not exclusive), that would hopefully also work on the VF-11C: Radome, Foldo Boosta, reaction missile (probably have to clip on hardpoints for the wings like the Bandai MacF valks do).

Ever since swapping my VF-11B Isamu into my YF-19FP, I've really wanted a pilot pack. Ground crews would be nice. Should be pretty cheap and 1/60 scale makes it difficult to use all the stuff that's already out there for models, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does everyone want an M&M version of almost every valk out there? I love the 1J's, I personally hate the 22S, but 4G's, 19's? Really?

Mostly because I'm a fan of blue and white jets. I don't really care for a Milia 19 but the paint scheme from the M3 for Max's VF-11 looks pretty cool to me. They have the molds, might as well do some repaints and get a few of us suckers to buy them and pay for the molds a little more. VF-X and M&M, a few of us will buy.

M3 M&M's

Why does everyone want an M&M version of almost every valk out there? I love the 1J's, I personally hate the 22S, but 4G's, 19's? Really?

Because most of them are canon, much more so than a lot of schemes that ARE made in 1/60.

Plus, it's some variation from every other valk being available in Skull squadron and nothing else.

As for Milia--she never had a -19 AFAIK, but her -11 is well-known along with her short-lived -17, the -4 less so.

I don't know... I just love the characters. I just like the flamboyant schemes they use. I'll buy every M&M customs out there (1/60).

Because most of them are canon, much more so than a lot of schemes that ARE made in 1/60.

Plus, it's some variation from every other valk being available in Skull squadron and nothing else.

I concurr sir, it would be both cannon and different from the norm.

And once you see it on your shelf, it just makes the whole series look complete. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I voted the VF-2SS but really any new design would be great. The VF-19 will be awesome, no doubt about that but I can't help the feeling that "I have been there and done that". I know the YF-19 is a different beast but really a new Valk wether its the VF-4 of VF-2SS would be great!!

Why do I get the strong feeling "VF-**" does not refer to the 0D?

I'm still hoping, but, as long as it's NOT the VF-17, I'll be happy. (Personally, I think it looks awful, as a design. Too squat and bulky)

Graham has already said that there's basically no chance of yamato doing the vf-0D during your absence.

Pretty disappointing news to a lot of people but apparently they just don't feel it will be worth all the new tooling that would go into it.

I voted VF-4, as I just like the design. I don't get hung up on the amount of air time and such...I just like the look and transformation of the thing. The VF-2SS would be a close second, as I don't believe Yamato would make either of these without some influence/ input from the fans via Graham. Also, I didn't vote VF-17, as I believe it's a forgone conclusion now that they're making the VF-19. Just my humble opinion.

but, as long as it's NOT the VF-17, I'll be happy. (Personally, I think it looks awful, as a design. Too squat and bulky)

Totally agree, it's my absolute least favorite design......by far. Looks like a transformer TOY. Baffles me why people love it so, but hate other designs. Like everything, it's just all a matter of personal taste is all.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I'll be disappointed if it's anything but some variant of the VF-4, but the reality is I'm game for pretty much every VF design except the Macross II designs. I wouldn't begrudge the MII mecha fans their toys, but personally they're among my least favourite designs.

I really do want a VF-17 at some point, a VA-3, a VF-5000, a VF-11 "Jamming Birds" version, a VF-0D, a VF-14...just that the VF-4 has always topped my list. I will get 3 VF-4 toys so I can display them in every mode.