Poll - which 1/60 VF would you like to see next from Yamato?

Graham

Which new 1/60 VF would you like to see from Yamato?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. VF Choice

• VF-0D from Macross Zero, including Shin blue color and standard grey color
    • VF-4 from Flash Back 2012
    • VF-17 from Macross 7, including D/S & S Milia types & possibly Super Packs
    • VF-19 from Macross 7, including kai/F/S/P & possibly Super Packs & Sound Booster
    • VF-2SS from Macross II, possibly including SAP

but the VF-0D still looks better in battroid mode than the VF-2SS which just looks like vaginal discharge in every mode.

I've never been able to find a term for the VF-2SS, but I think you just nailed it! :lol:

The valks I like are the ones that look good to me in both modes.

VF-0D looks good in fighter mode, but battroid looks weird with the delta wings.

VF-4 looks good in fighter mode, but battroid looks like a mechanical engineering accident.

VF-19 does look good in both modes, but the upcoming 1/100 and pre-existing YF-19 put this on the bottom of my list.

VF-2SS looks like vaginal discharge all around, though slightly less so in battroid mode.

VF-17 looks great in both fighter and battroid modes, so was an easy pick for me.

Now, had the VF-5000 been on the poll, I would have been hard pressed to pick between that and the 17.

Edited by eriku

I don't mind futuristic designs at all as long as they look good.

The VF-2SS fightermode is just a mess in my opinion with random bits here and intakes there. It looks like it would fit well into Star Wars or something.

The Battroid mode is just a slightly modified VF-1 and it doesn't look more advanced at all in my view.

The VF-25 and more so the VF-27 have futuristic fightermode designs too and i find them much better looking.

That being said the VF-2SS is better then the VF-11MAXL atleast.

Which brings us to the core argument of how we define what a Valkyrie is.

The whole package? Or does fighter/gerwalk/battroid mode take presidency?

Must it be based on real world/contemporary fighters?

What happens if Big West does a Macross without Shoji and the new mecha designer does something really futuristic based on nothing real world?

Not a Valkyrie, NOT MACROSS?

A VF-0D might have a more attractive fighter mode, but it doesn't really make for a charismatic battroid with its giant delta wings sticking out?

So, the VF-2SS is just as valid entry as any other Valkyrie. It's supposed to be a futuristic design.

They are laughing because it's gallows humor, the valkyries know they are on the loosing side.

I don't believe anyone ever was arguing whether the VF-2SS was a valid entry.

I was only stating that I dislike the VF-2SS design because it's ugly to me. The R-type like cockpit in combination with the widely spaced star trek-like nacelles just don't do it for me.

Also a preference for a certain mode doesn't define what a valkyrie is, but it more often than not does define whether we would purchase a toy of it :p

As I said, I find a lot of the appeal of the VF designs is that they have some connection to the real world in their designs which is fairly unique in animes that have fighters or mecha or both (that I can recall currently).

However, it's inevitable or at least somewhat expected going forward as Shoji takes Macross further along the timeline that the valkyrie designs may take fewer and fewer inspirations from modern aircraft, and I'm fine with that as long as the designs still look good.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I think that the single option poll is the reason the VF-2SS is so far ahead. It is so out of left field that Yamato would want to make that valk instead of the much more known M7 valks that people vote for it. We all know that the 17 and company will be done sooner or later.

Also, if a new poll is done, I think it would be wise to say in the title that the poll is official and that it could really decide something. I just opened this one out of a whim, expecting our usual fanboy pipe dreams.

All that said… GO VF-4!!

As if there was any doubt, my vote goes for the VF-4 Lightning III. I love that design so much, in all three modes. Both fighter and battroid are in my top favourite VF designs. I'd pick up every variant they put out, too. Actually, I'd love to see some non-canon VF-4 designs. Otherwise I'll pick up three of Hikaru's from Flashback for display in all 3 modes.

I remember from looking at it in the Macross DesignWorks book that the VF-4 battroid didn't really stand out much or was kind of below average in looks.

However, seeing the drawing cleaned up and colored at the M3 site, it doesn't look that bad at all.

If Yamato(or any toy company) can do it right, the VF-4 Battroid can look pretty good!

Let's see it again since we are going to have a new poll from Graham later anyway.... ^_^

macross-vf-4-all.jpg

love that battroid vf-4 there. I hope Yamato takes the artist liberties like shown above! :)

I don't believe anyone ever was arguing whether the VF-2SS was a valid entry.

I was only stating that I dislike the VF-2SS design because it's ugly to me. The R-type like cockpit in combination with the widely spaced star trek-like nacelles just don't do it for me.

Also a preference for a certain mode doesn't define what a valkyrie is, but it more often than not does define whether we would purchase a toy of it :p

As I said, I find a lot of the appeal of the VF designs is that they have some connection to the real world in their designs which is fairly unique in animes that have fighters or mecha or both (that I can recall currently).

However, it's inevitable or at least somewhat expected going forward as Shoji takes Macross further along the timeline that the valkyrie designs may take fewer and fewer inspirations from modern aircraft, and I'm fine with that as long as the designs still look good.

[in bold]

heh heh i was actually thinking about this the other day! :)

I am a big fan of the Lightning Spirits (thunderforce, especially no.4) and also R-Type, so i guess this is what attracts me more to the 2SS.

The cockpit is really cool on the 2SS to me... every valk has ugly to it in someway, some more than others, but i'd rather appreciate the

qualities that my valkryie mind eye spots out, rather than dwell and TROLL on the negatives. :edit typos as always....:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I remember from looking at it in the Macross DesignWorks book that the VF-4 battroid didn't really stand out much or was kind of below average in looks.

However, seeing the drawing cleaned up and colored at the M3 site, it doesn't look that bad at all.

vf-4-styled-battroid.png

It does look fantastic! If Yamato can pull off a sleek Battroid mode as shown above, I'd gladly pick up more than just a squadron.

Here are some fan-made color schemes (thread needs more VF-4!):

vf-4-vat127-fighter.gif

fanon-vf-4-ravenclean-fighter.gif

I have to wonder if the shoulder portion of the engine nacelles are meant to rotate in order to give the VF-4 fully articulated shoulders. The game models usually just kept them fixed in place.

I think it's safe to presume that's how they're intended then. It doesn't look like they'd be articulated that way to begin with in the lineart above, and with licensed, fully animated evidence to correlate, it's a logical conclusion that the upper nacelles are affixed to the fuselage in a permanent position and the shoulder joints are either housed within or just below.

Edited by Brand

If Yamato(or any toy company) can do it right, the VF-4 Battroid can look pretty good!

Let's see it again since we are going to have a new poll from Graham later anyway.... ^_^

macross-vf-4-all.jpg

Egads....it looks like something went seriously wrong and it got stuck halfway through the transformation! :o

It's pretty in plane mode, but that is a mess for a battroid. The design shouts Transformers. And what's with the nose cone and the fridge behind it? :blink:

Yeah, It's a real mess in battroid. That's what happens when you design a non-transformable VF and, at a later date, you decide that "heck, it MUST transform! What was I thinking?"

whats wrong with you guys, the batroid looks great!!! But i still wouldnt buy it, only since i have to go through the bare necessities first (ie wife and money wont permit) -> 1) VF-22S, 2) VF-17 3) vf-11c 4) nice repaint of yf-21 or vf-22. Of course, in years from now when i am rich like you guys, then sure, will buy the goodies.

gimme vf-2ss n vf-4g to choose it haf 2b vf4g....haf bee waitinn

mmm new ver of super deform, masterpiece vf-1's(like to see ammunition from gun, laser lights from the head and wateva u can thik of n of course bigger scale to hug like a bear.) just like sdf1/2k

Edited by alvaro

whats wrong with you guys, the batroid looks great!!! But i still wouldnt buy it, only since i have to go through the bare necessities first (ie wife and money wont permit) -> 1) VF-22S, 2) VF-17 3) vf-11c 4) nice repaint of yf-21 or vf-22. Of course, in years from now when i am rich like you guys, then sure, will buy the goodies.

If this poll is redone I strongly suggest that a picture of each valk is included in the first post. It would seem there is some confusion concerning the vf-22S and the vf-2SS. The current results of this poll makes no sense at all.

If this poll is redone I strongly suggest that a picture of each valk is included in the first post. It would seem there is some confusion concerning the vf-22S and the vf-2SS. The current results of this poll makes no sense at all.

Why? Because you don't like the winner? The option clearly states "From Macross II" If you can't distinguish between shows then you're not a Macross fan.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Considering the flood of pictures of VF-2SS custom models a few pages back (and the occasional straggler since then), I'd say most people are pretty well aware of which one is up for the vote. :lol: And of course the option in the poll itself makes mention of Macross II, and I'd like to think everyone's reading the options before actually voting!

Macross II itself has plenty of detractors and, indeed, a fair share to complain about, but there's a lot of love out there for the VF-2SS despite the rest of the show's flaws. Okay, there's a lot of hate too, but everyone's tastes are their own. :p