Poll - which 1/60 VF would you like to see next from Yamato?

Graham

Which new 1/60 VF would you like to see from Yamato?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. VF Choice

• VF-0D from Macross Zero, including Shin blue color and standard grey color
    • VF-4 from Flash Back 2012
    • VF-17 from Macross 7, including D/S & S Milia types & possibly Super Packs
    • VF-19 from Macross 7, including kai/F/S/P & possibly Super Packs & Sound Booster
    • VF-2SS from Macross II, possibly including SAP

WRONG, the SAP makes it even cooler, there's nothing cooler than a blast shield for your robot's face that protects your robot's awesome face when you fire the awesome gun.

Yeah...that's awesome <_< might as well give the battroid sunglasses cause its so cool and...awesome B))

What doesn't make sense? It's to protect the pilot in the head, you know guys. (lol)

The battroid needs to aim and fire the bloody thing which takes time (what, 5 seconds?), it protects the flippin sensory from attack while it is vulnerable.

Same goes for the Metal Siren i guess... ploughing through flagships, cover up, bust open, release magical electro waves. :lol: :lol: lol!!

For the record i hate the "helmets" on both the Siren and II. I'd mod mine without them, Siren would be hard seeing as it's not armour to disregard, unlike the SAP.

wtf after all those years (2SS is after all the 2nd latest high end Valkyrie) why they wouldn't figure out a pinpoint barrier strong enough to not need the extra armour...

And yes, all Valkyrie needs sunglasses.... dammit. Especially Basaras.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

As much as I like the VF-2ss and would purchase one.

It's still no where near the aggressive sleek beauty of the VF-0D.

PS Graham, I hope you can check that the votes are not accounted from "sudden new members" after this thread went up.

Edited by Omegablue

I mean I wish I can vote one vote on each item that I wanted, i.e. if they release VF-0D and VF-4, I will buy them. But I can only cast my only vote on VF-0D.

But then I guess given the nature of this board most people would just check all 5 options.

Edit:

And Yamato please remember VF-4 have good re-color potential too:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossga/vf-4g.htm

Edited by CF18

I'm gonna go blind if I see more VF-2SS with FP pics. Those FP kill the poor thing for me. Looks better naked (but it still falls wayyyy behind in my book compared to the other candidates).

Anyways, Yamato's easiest option would be to do the VF-0D first. It's just some heavy retooling on an already existing design instead of a completely new design.

The 17 would be a very nice way for Yamato to cut into the MF license in an indirect way. Personally, I like the 17 over the 171; the latter just has a better color scheme and a cooler fighter thanks to the longer nose but battroid just feels "empty".

The 19 would be very interesting since we could see Yamato's experience from the YF-19 and all the kick ass valks that came after it pay up.

The 4... just make the VF-4 Yamato, pleaseeee

If they are going to do a repaint of a VF-4 they have to do a Roy Skull squadron paint scheme. Is it me or is that paint scheme always bad ass no matter what valk you see it on or what? :)

Never the less if they do a VF-0D and a VF-4 next year I'll be happy (as long as they are not as expensive as a VF-22). Somewhere in the VF-1 Super/Strike or VF-11 price range will be fine.

I just figure the lack of flow and all the odd angles on the fighter are just part of the its stealth/radar-deflecting profile.

But yeah, if there's one area where the VF-171's trump the VF-17, it's in GERWALK mode. Not really feeling the whole armless look of the -17 in that mode.

You are incorrect about the VF-17 being 'armless' in gerwalk as you put it. True, the VF-17 gerwalk is almost always depicted w/ the arms raised/laser cannons forward, however, the arms can swing down for a more familiar pose. In the game VF-X2, the VF-17 gerwalk mode looks much like the VF-171, arms out holding a gunpod.

I mean I wish I can vote one vote on each item that I wanted, i.e. if they release VF-0D and VF-4, I will buy them. But I can only cast my only vote on VF-0D.

But then I guess given the nature of this board most people would just check all 5 options.

Edit:

And Yamato please remember VF-4 have good re-color potential too:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossga/vf-4g.htm

Are there Max & Millia colors of the VF-4 too? Man, that pair must have a huge hangar for their collection of blue and red Variable Fighters! Talking about corruption <_<:p

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

"Pick 2" would have been the best option IMHO. I think that would have affected the leaders a lot.

Or could we have a separate poll for each of the VFs listed?

Have choices along the lines of "Would buy/On the fence/Wouldn't buy" or

"Strongly Interested/Slightly Interested/Neutral/Slightly Disinterested/Strongly Disinterested"

Being able to pick only one is misleading as it doesn't give any indication as to what other ones besides their top choice that people would buy.

If we have polls for each one, it would be easy to tally up and see which ones have the most potential for sales.

I think the poll is fine. It shows the purchase priorities of the members in general, but by no means lack of interest in the less favored.

Let's not forget that Yamato won't be releasing all these VF's at the same time, so once any of these Valks gets released, the priorities of the collectors will shift to other Valks and we'll have to make a new poll.

I'm completely fine with a single pick. It let's you know when given a choice what people choose. Sort of like an election. You can only vote once. Having a single choice means when push comes to shove XXX amount of people WANT to and (hopefully) WILL buy that one choice. They've weighed all their pros and cons and decided that that was the valk they couldn't live with, that was their Holy Grail.

I think the VF-2SS is just one of those things that people either love or hate with very few who have an opinion that lies somewhere in between.

I for one wouldn't buy it as the fighter mode just seems rather unattractive to me with the intakes and legs sticking out to the sides as well as forward as much as they do. Also, a lot of the appeal of the valkyries to me is the inspiration taken from real world fighter designs which lend a "realistic" feel to the designs, imo. The 2SS is more like just taking the VF-1 and trying to make it look futuristic by rounding it out more and then adding Star Trek nacelles to the valkyrie.

I think the VF-2SS is just one of those things that people either love or hate with very few who have an opinion that lies somewhere in between.

I for one wouldn't buy it as the fighter mode just seems rather unattractive to me with the intakes and legs sticking out to the sides as well as forward as much as they do. Also, a lot of the appeal of the valkyries to me is the inspiration taken from real world fighter designs which lend a "realistic" feel to the designs, imo. The 2SS is more like just taking the VF-1 and trying to make it look futuristic by rounding it out more and then adding Star Trek nacelles to the valkyrie.

Which brings us to the core argument of how we define what a Valkyrie is.

The whole package? Or does fighter/gerwalk/battroid mode take presidency?

Must it be based on real world/contemporary fighters?

What happens if Big West does a Macross without Shoji and the new mecha designer does something really futuristic based on nothing real world?

Not a Valkyrie, NOT MACROSS?

A VF-0D might have a more attractive fighter mode, but it doesn't really make for a charismatic battroid with its giant delta wings sticking out?

So, the VF-2SS is just as valid entry as any other Valkyrie. It's supposed to be a futuristic design.

I'd get the vf-2ss. I'd pose it along side my other gundams and the valkyries would all point and laugh at it.

They are laughing because it's gallows humor, the valkyries know they are on the loosing side.

A VF-0D might have a more attractive fighter mode, but it doesn't really make for a charismatic battroid with its giant delta wings sticking out?

So, the VF-2SS is just as valid entry as any other Valkyrie. It's supposed to be a futuristic design.

but the VF-0D still looks better in battroid mode than the VF-2SS which just looks like vaginal discharge in every mode.