Poll - which 1/60 VF would you like to see next from Yamato?

Graham

Which new 1/60 VF would you like to see from Yamato?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. VF Choice

• VF-0D from Macross Zero, including Shin blue color and standard grey color
    • VF-4 from Flash Back 2012
    • VF-17 from Macross 7, including D/S & S Milia types & possibly Super Packs
    • VF-19 from Macross 7, including kai/F/S/P & possibly Super Packs & Sound Booster
    • VF-2SS from Macross II, possibly including SAP

Which new perfect transformation variable fighter would you like to see next from Yamato in 1/60 scale?

I'm only including the probable candidates in this poll, as the more obscure VFs like the VF-9, VA-3 etc, frankly have little chance of consideration, so it is honestly a waste of time to include them.

The choices I have listed are the serious contenders. Please note that the VF-17 & VF-19 probably have a slightly higher chance of being made, due to the higher number of variants, which means Yamato can milk the molds more.

The results of this poll will be passed to Yamato in two weeks time.

Graham

Damn this is a tough call.... I want ALL OF THEM!

Sigh... for the sake of something different, i choose the VF-17 night mare.... maybe they can mould it such that it is closer to the Mac F VF-171s, so that when the time is ripe, they don't have to waste too much time re tooling.... hehe...

While the VF-4 would be awesome, I'll be a bit more realistic on something that will probably sell in Japan as well as internationally. VF-17. Hopefully a VF-17D, as I hate the VF-17S head. Of course it would need the beam cannon adapter for those one-shot kills. :D

I'm not fond of the M7 variant VF-19s. The F and S have nasty fatty wings, and the lack of canards looks funny. I like the general look of the P, though the color scheme is a bit lacking. Then there's the kai... At least it doesn't have boobs.

The VF-0D would be awesome, but the Zero line leaves me with a feeling of distaste after the crumbly shoulders and elbows issue.

I don't like the Macross II valkyries. :p

Poll choice added.

To be honest, guys even though the VF-4 is one of the choices under consideration, it is an extreme longshot, as due to the lack of variants to milk the mold.

Graham

VF-4, I know it is a long shot...

The thing about the VF-4, it is like a legend. It only apprears in a few second in Fashback. No one ever see its transformation in motion.

However it is the last Valk that really relate with original heros - Hikaru and Misa. Everytime you wonder what happen to them, your mind will go with the Megaroad and VF-4.

I really hope Yamato will understand that is the 'Legendary hero' Valk that many Macross fans would like to see it to make into a toy that it really deserve. :)

Absolutely love the look of the VF-4 in fighter mode.

But I just can't stand the battroid mode. For something so sleek and beautiful in fighter, it just seems to lack that same sleekness and design asthetic in battroid.

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering what the hell I was talking about in my earlier post, here's a link to that "non-canon" VF-17 I was mentioning. . . :p (Pic Link).

I voted for the VF-19 Kai.

I hope Yamato also gets the comments, not just the poll results, because I for one try to put some thought into my choice that goes beyond just "cause I want it and it's cool" - I'm sure others do too.

I hope that Yamato does the VF-19 kai. Technically, the mold is not "milkable" - but then again neither is the YF-19 as such, unless you remould the head and some of the parts for Diamond Force.

Also, some people have voiced concerns about how the 1/60 YF-19 mould is now somewhat outdated. I do not want to get into that debate here - the point is that a significant portion of the fans who posted on the subject have a view that while the new YF-21 is super advanced - the YF-19 has many faults.

Maybe remoulding the YF-19 to make a VF-19S from Daimond force and a VF-19 Kai for Bassara could address these issues? It would be an opportunity to "update" the mould and make it more marketable as such.

The VF-OD is a great candidate - as are all of these. But truth be told - OVA based and Macross 7 based fighters don't really lend themselves to massive milking anyways.

Yamato has pretty much covered the basis insofar as milking goes. I really think it's time they did something unique. Yeah...even the Lighting would be unique.

Unique - unmilkable - one and only - something like Basara's VF-19 Kai.

I think it would be popular because it would be unique and unmilkable, one of a kind.

Then again - I'm a Basara fanboy...probably just trying to rationalize it :)

Pete

It'd be the VF-17 for me. It is a design that I have had lot of love for since I picked up the old Bandai rendition (long before I actually saw it in any animation). There is something about the aesthetic of the design that I rather like. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just looks "right" to me.

Karl

I had to go with the VF-2SS. It was a very close call over the VF-4, really just a preference on my part; blame it on the odd design of the Lightning III's Battroid mode (and thankfully I seem not to be the only one to feel that way!). I wouldn't mind seeing the VF-17 get a better treatment than Bandai's 1/65 version seems to have given it, either.

Poll choice added.

To be honest, guys even though the VF-4 is one of the choices under consideration, it is an extreme longshot, as due to the lack of variants to milk the mold.

Graham

I voted VF-4, but if that's the case I'd also like to say I'd go for a VF-0D. of the one's listed these two would be the only one's I'd difinitevly get. I don't like the VF-19 and I hate the VF-2SS. I'm ambivilant towards the VF-17, if it looks amazing I might get it but it's not a priority.

I think the D makes the most sence though. it shares at least half it's parts with the VF-0A and if the make it they can also make a VF-0C and a VF-0B. ^_^