MisaForever

While a reanimated SDFM would be so totally awesome (except for some die hard purists) I think we can all be reasonable enough to realize that the entirety of something like that happening so spur of the moment despite this being the year the show takes place is so unlikely that the Earth is more likely to transform into a large flower eating parasite which then goes on a rampage through the universe before becoming lovers with a black hole which results in the planet's untimely end.

Still though that would be awesome. I sure hope to get a good quality of any of this video one day. From the screens it looks like they did the entire SDFM opening sequence. That alone would be enough for me.

While a reanimated SDFM would be so totally awesome (except for some die hard purists) I think we can all be reasonable enough to realize that the entirety of something like that happening so spur of the moment despite this being the year the show takes place is so unlikely that the Earth is more likely to transform into a large flower eating parasite which then goes on a rampage through the universe before becoming lovers with a black hole which results in the planet's untimely end.

Hey, as long as I get to see that reanimated SDFM before Earth-turned-parasite starts to make out with the Black Hole, I'm in! :D

That's it, I say the richest MW member needs to charter us a plane over to Japan, so we can stroll into Big West and demand (politely) that they do a full HD re-animating of Macross...with English subtitles.

PURIST'S BE DAMNED, THAT'S F%CKING SWEET!

That's it, I say the richest MW member needs to charter us a plane over to Japan, so we can stroll into Big West and demand (politely) that they do a full HD re-animating of Macross...with English subtitles.

PURIST'S BE DAMNED, THAT'S F%CKING SWEET!

Why bother with the plane ride? the richest MW member should just give BW the money to produce the full HD reanimating of Macross...with English subtitles. sweet and simple, and we get first dibs! :D

Why bother with the plane ride? the richest MW member should just give BW the money to produce the full HD reanimating of Macross...with English subtitles. sweet and simple, and we get first dibs! :D

Because that's not hot blooded enough damnit!

Macross -> Pachinko?

MACROSS HAS ARRIVED!

Yes, only the most popular/big names get made into pachinko games. I've kinda considered it a barrometer on the success of a movie, TV series, etc. (animated or otherwise).

Macross -> Pachinko?

MACROSS HAS ARRIVED!

Yes, only the most popular/big names get made into pachinko games. I've kinda considered it a barrometer on the success of a movie, TV series, etc. (animated or otherwise).

Call me crazy, but I really don't know if this popularity makes me happy. I wouldn't like Macross to become like Gundam.

My VLC player's not playing those links. Can you upload some new links? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

He's linking directly to the flash videos on the official site.

Get mediaplayer classic + CCCP, it's better than VLC anyways.

Edited by Sketch

Macross -> Pachinko?

MACROSS HAS ARRIVED!

Aquarion and Nadesico have pachinko games and I would say they're much more minor than Macross in terms of fandom, so I'm not really sure why this move would herald the "arrival" of Macross more than, say, Frontier music CDs almost topping the charts last year.

One more thing, though. I was going to mention this when the images were still on the SCOOP thread, but I held back because of the no discussion rule. Do we KNOW all of this new animation is just for the Pachinko game? Because the Macross.jp site lists a lot of other forthcoming content and really it could be anything. It might even have just been animated purely for the design of the site. So I don't think it was a good decision to move the whole discussion surrounding the new animation to the Games forum, because, seriously, who the hell is going to talk about pachinko anyway? We're only really going to discuss those new cutscenes.

Do we KNOW all of this new animation is just for the Pachinko game?

I do not think this new animation is Pachinko game!!!

If it is Pachinko, they must use FEVER SDF:M title.

feversdfm.jpg

Why they use SDF:M title in new animation???

Maybe it is a PS3 game, HAHA~~~

^^

a021.jpg

Edited by kresphy

Aquarion and Nadesico have pachinko games and I would say they're much more minor than Macross in terms of fandom, so I'm not really sure why this move would herald the "arrival" of Macross more than, say, Frontier music CDs almost topping the charts last year.

(...)

Ah, I'm basing the logic on "a non-anime related company* has noted that the media is popular enough for them to make a profit off of it".

* Music companies are excluded, as they are traditionally an anime related company (part of the production). Also, it's my personal, opinionated barometer. So it's mileage for others varies. ;)

Im sure that many of us here would walk there if we were guaranted it would happen.

See how no-one is talking about pachinko?

Anyway, my opinion on the clips: Incredible. Seriously, the CG and the 2D art is done in such a way that you KNOW they've done their homework. They went back and used the same shading techniques, pretty much the EXACT colour palette... The character designs are almost identical to the original. This looks beautiful.

If it is Pachinko, I wonder how much the game would cost to bring over here? That'd be one awesome item. I too, would love to see this footage on Blu-Ray. The drawings and art just looks so incredibly awesome. Awesome site, too, wish I could read what they're saying.

Good find, Kresphy.

Could this be some of the all-new CG animation they've been saying would be part of the UMD-Video that comes with the special edition of Ultimate Frontier?

As for the PS2 game, I hardly remember anything about it. It was short yet still boring somehow, and I completed both TV and Movie campaigns in a few hours, never to play it again. Then again, I do not actually own a PS2 so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

One other thing I'd like to add to my "pachinko = mainstream exposure" is (and apologies that it's taken so long to get this up... life is busy!):

There is a great chance of a mainstream (as in, on one of the very, very few TV channels that are broadcast all over the country) commercial advertising the pachinko game (and by extension, Macross). Even more so, there will be a Macross presence on shopping streets (just in terms of advertising signs in front of individual pachinko parlours) - which is, in general more visible, especially with working adults, than TV, 'cuz TV isn't comparitevely watched as much as say, Canada or the USA.

The aforementioned Nadesuko pachinko game is a good example: I only became aware of it because of walking down shopping streets. And even with the comparitively lesser amount of TV I watch, I've still seen Yamato, Fist of the North Star and Fuyu Sonata 2 pachinko CMs!

Theres nothing quite like the noise that comes from the Pachinko floor in the arcade in Shinjuku when all the business types finnish work and put all their hard earned into getting trays of silver balls, that mix of techo/idol pop and metal pinging mixed with the hum of neon. :)

Awesome, M&M action!

Still, something is amiss. This is a lot of work for a simple pachinko game... One can only hope anyway.

"simple" game?

It's pretty much par for the course - especially with franchises containing 25+ year-old animation. (Should I bother mentioning the 3D CG animated Yamato looked pretty sweet in the CMs for that game? Especially at highvision widescreen resolution? (Not that the game has a display screen with that resolution or anything)...)

Keep in mind I know very little about how modern pachinko machines are set up or how they work. I have a limited understanding of the entire thing.