Frontier Ozma

dreadpyrat

Ok, got the Ozma Frontier fig and spent a while playing with his transformation. The illustrations in the book are a little hard to follow so maybe I'm doing something wrong but...is he supposed to be this flimsy? I mean, the shoulders kind of just lay there with 3 or 4 hinges making up the shoulder. They aren't actually connected to anything,as near as I can tell.

The connector that holds the fuselage together to form the abdomen is not that tight and I cant for the life of me get his head/neck ring thingie to do what it suggests in the manual.

Oh, and am I the only one who thinks that having the rear deck/wing assembly just lay over the cockpit canopy is bad design? Nothing is actually holding it in place but gravity and it rubs on the canopy glass!

I don't mean to stir anything up; I'm just wondering if I've transformed him incorrectly or if anyone else is noticing what I'm seeing.

Thanks all!

I dunno. With me, the VF-25 design has really grown on me. The shoulders are fine. Much better than the VF-1 shoulders which need to be on stumpy ball joints. I like that Bandai made the VF-25 shoulders out of metal because that is a spot that could be prone to breakage. As for the wings lying on the canopy... well... yeah - technically I think in the "perfect" design, they would literally envelop the canopy which itself would, VF-11B style, rotate inward to let the pilot "sit" correctly in the Battroid. As such - that doesn' happen here.

The design isn't perfect, but I really have come to appreciate it.

I just wish there were Sheryl Nome decals for the 1/60s. I would sure love to deck out Alto with those:)

As it is...gonna have to build my 72 Alto to put those on him...

Pete