Macross 13 Fleet

RedWolf

Krespy dropped this bombshell on the Macross Ace thread.

Kim Kibirov-A.D. 2059, Macross 13's captain, New U.N. Spacy Lieutenant General, lead Battle 13 beat back Vajra's attack.

M.F. Novel 4

battle13-attack.gif

Apparently it elaborates what the Macross 13 fleet is and what Battle 13 was doing on Earth in VF-X2.

Macross 13 aka Battle 13 is not a an emmigration fleet. But a secret defense fleet.

Apparently they built another Battle 13 to replace the one Vindirance fleet wrecked.

This also explains why Battle 13 is directly called Macross 13. It didn't have a City class attached in the first place!

Krespy dropped this bombshell on the Macross Ace thread.

battle13-attack.gif

Apparently it elaborates what the Macross 13 fleet is and what Battle 13 was doing on Earth in VF-X2.

Macross 13 aka Battle 13 is not a an emmigration fleet. But a secret defense fleet.

Apparently they built another Battle 13 to replace the one Vindirance fleet wrecked.

This also explains why Battle 13 is directly called Macross 13. It didn't have a City class attached in the first place!

Well, Microns are known for their ability to repair things, if they can rebuilt SDF-1 and Battle-5, why can't they rebuilt Battle-13?

What ibterest me more is the fact that Battle-13 is the only Macross class with a female as her captain. Misa is a Megaroad-1 captain, but Megaroad is not a Macross class vessel. :rolleyes:

Hold your horses, people!

I don't think the ship in Macross Frontier Vol. 4 (p. 238, if you're interested) is the same as the one in VF-X 2. According to the book, "Macross 13" is the number given to covert Macross ships that "don't exist" (at least not officially). So there are probably a few Macross 13s running around.

Kim's Macross 13 protects earth from the Vajra during the final battle in Frontier. And she's still got short hair, but it's all gray now, of course. ^_^

I don't think the ship in Macross Frontier Vol. 4 (p. 238, if you're interested) is the same as the one in VF-X 2. According to the book, "Macross 13" is the number given to covert Macross ships that "don't exist" (at least not officially). So there are probably a few Macross 13s running around.

Kim's Macross 13 protects earth from the Vajra during the final battle in Frontier. And she's still got short hair, but it's all gray now, of course. ^_^

She has always been my favourite Original Bridge Bunny!

What Gubaba said.

I figured "Macross 13" is probably a codename for Earth's secret defenders kinda like Power Rangers only without the cheese. It's cool to me that they have this hidden fleet stashed away in case another extra-terrestrial force comes along and decides to wipe out Homo Sapiens again.

Well, Microns are known for their ability to repair things, if they can rebuilt SDF-1 and Battle-5, why can't they rebuilt Battle-13?

What ibterest me more is the fact that Battle-13 is the only Macross class with a female as her captain. Misa is a Megaroad-1 captain, but Megaroad is not a Macross class vessel. :rolleyes:

what's sexier than that?!!!! B))

Dude, it's a novel. There are no pictures.

Well...there are a few. But not of Kim.

Just what the hell is the doujin community doing not jumping on this, for shame. Although shy of Sheryl & Ranka, Macross never has been much on the doujin circuit.

Interesting little tidbit.

Thanks ^_^

I demand pictures! And not of Macross 13!!

battle13-carrier.gif

:p

Now that I think about it Algenicus and Vahalla III could be reconned as part of this secret covert fleet.

Also remember that fleet Isamu was assigned to? According to his record his last posting was Outer Space Special Science Force. Nothing of scientific research was Isamu doing blowing up Zentradi. What if it was the Macross 13 fleet?

post-9033-1252399876_thumb.jpg

The general perception is that the NUN was generally peaceful despite wildfires here and there.

But what if there are threats out there like the Supervision Army?

Macross 13 could be UN Spacy or NUNS own Section 31.

Just what the hell is the doujin community doing not jumping on this, for shame. Although shy of Sheryl & Ranka, Macross never has been much on the doujin circuit.

*cough* SDF:M, DYRL, M7 *cough*

courtesy of the main site:

worksafe doujinshi: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/...s_doujinshi.htm

workunsafe doujinshi: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/_books_hentai.htm

(...)

Also remember that fleet Isamu was assigned to? According to his record his last posting was Outer Space Special Science Force. Nothing of scientific research was Isamu doing blowing up Zentradi. What if it was the Macross 13 fleet?

(...)

Erm, you do realize that even a science fleet can be attacked. It's like the people who shoot at red cross units - they either are not aware or do not bother to care who they are attacking.

And going down the tangent a bit: they could be studying the Zentraadi, who are using human technologies to improve their battlesuits. The whole opening sequence could be the science fleet on a mission to capture operating specimens. (No matter what, my money is on it being solely a "cool scene showing stuff blowing up real good to restablish Macross as "teh sex" when it comes to the missile circus")

Interesting. Didn't even know there was more than one Macross 13. Though given the terrible inconsistencies in fleet designations, I'm not surprised :)

Which brings the question. Officially there are 13 New Macross Class or just NMC version Battle Class produced.

Macross 1 has 4 NMC that we could see, Macross 5 had 3 NMC, Macross 7 has 1 NMC, Macross 11 has 1 NMC.

Given the trend of Macross 7 and 11 plus Macross Generation drama CD never did indicate more than one city Macross 9 has 1 NMC.

VF-X2 screen grab

post-9033-1252427077_thumb.jpg

That makes 10 NMC that we know of. Considering the trend of Macross 1 and 5 , Macross 3 likely had more than 1. That what makes 12? VF-X2 Battle 13 being the literal 13th Battle Class ship.

It is also likely that the Battle Class Lt. Gen. Kim Kibirov uses is a ICC version Battle Class. Which is 1,681 meters to the 13 original producton Battle Class of 1,510 meters.

For sanity's sake I'm not including the new Battle 7 that was being constructed in Macross Dynamite 7 to the 13 original production run Battle Class.

Which is 1,681 meters to the 13 original producton Battle Class of 1,510 meters.

Where are you getting this information from? We don't know which ship was the first to hit the 1600m mark, for all we know it could have been the Macross 15 (or any other prior to 21).

It would appear that the New Macross class carriers are pretty inconsistent in design anyhow, Battle 5, 7, 13, 21, and 25 are all quite a bit different from each-other.

Which brings the question. Officially there are 13 New Macross Class or just NMC version Battle Class produced.

No. There are probably more, but we only know of Macross 1, 5, 7, 9(?), 11, and 13. They have never said there were more or less, just that those mentioned have been story-relevant.

It would appear that the New Macross class carriers are pretty inconsistent in design anyhow, Battle 5, 7, 13, 21, and 25 are all quite a bit different from each-other.

Here is what we do know. Using Battle 1, 5, and 7 as a bench mark the original Battle Class attached to the New Macross Class is 1,510 meters.

post-9033-1252440018_thumb.jpg

post-9033-1252440086_thumb.gif

post-9033-1252439777_thumb.gif

Battle 13 is around the same general parameters but built with more armor.

post-9033-1252440190_thumb.gif

Battle Galaxy/21 and Battle Frontier/25 are stated to be longer at 1,681 meters by official materials.

post-9033-1252440335_thumb.jpg

post-9033-1252440429_thumb.jpg

What we know is that by 2040 NMC ceased production, numbering 13 vessels produced, and is replaced by the Island Cluster Class with the next generation Battle Class like Battle Galaxy and Battle Frontier.

Edited by RedWolf

What we know is that by 2040 NMC ceased production, numbering 13 vessels produced, and is replaced by the Island Cluster Class with the next generation Battle Class like Battle Galaxy and Battle Frontier.

I'm well aware of what each on-screen ship looks like and that the later ones are larger. But what is your source for production of the 1500m ships ending in 2040? Is it printed in official material, or is this another assumption based on the Macross 13 being the last one we've seen on screen?

Edited by Sketch

I'm well aware of what each on-screen ship looks like and that the later ones are larger. But what is your source for production of the 1500m ships being in 2040? Is it printed in official material, or is this another assumption based on the Macross 13 being the last one we've seen on screen?

It's another assumption on RedWolf's part.

The official information offers only the following clues:

51st Super Long Range Emigration Fleet (Macross 21 Galaxy)

55th Super Long Range Emigration Fleet (Macross 25 Frontier)

From: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/L...tions.htm#slref

Additional sources (though there are some mistranslations. Nevertheless, the commonly accepted source): http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Macross_Frontier_(fleet) & http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Macross_Galaxy

We also know that the Megaroad Class Super Long Range Emigration Fleets stopped at 30. Therefore, any to all of the remaining 25 that we know of can be similar to any of the combined emigrant vessels seen in M7 and MF.

PS: all explained without resorting to pictures!

Edited by sketchley

It's another assumption on RedWolf's part.

I figured as much.

Redwolf, your conjecture is not canon fact, please stop stating it as such. There is a big difference between "I believe the 1500m ships stopped being produced in 2040", and simply stating it as though it was canon information.

I figured as much.

Redwolf, your conjecture is not canon fact, please stop stating it as such. There is a big difference between "I believe the 1500m ships stopped being produced in 2040", and simply stating it as though it was canon information.

Well as far as we know on screen there is at least one built older version Battle Class post 2040 that is the new Battle 7 shown in Macross Dynamite 7.

Now my assumption is the initial production run being 13, if we include VF-X2 Macross 13 even if it does not have a City class to protect.

Also noticing the trend with Macross Galaxy. Even if it is one of the earlier Super Large Scale Emmigration Fleets it opted for the next generation Battle class design rather the smaller older version. Macross Galaxy left Eden the next year after Macross 1 left Earth. And given the Macross 21 and Battle 21 designation they did not have Battle Galaxy until much later.

We know that by by 2040 the New Macross Class ceased production for the newer and larger Island Cluster Class. It is an assumption on my part that the Battle class generation with the ICC would be more in favor than the NMC Battle class generation.

Unless UN Spacy/NUNS really built multiple NMC generation Battle 13s off the books that we even don't know.

Macross Galaxy left Eden the next year after Macross 1 left Earth. And given the Macross 21 and Battle 21 designation they did not have Battle Galaxy until much later.

Please tell me you're not basing this assumption on the clip shown in Frontier episode 1. It was meant to quickly illustrate the colonization programme, not give a detailed outline of when the ships were launched. Please bear in mind that clip also shows the Macross 7 and Megaroad 1 departing Earth at the same time. It is hardly a reliable source of information.

We know that by by 2040 the New Macross Class ceased production for the newer and larger Island Cluster Class.

And we know this how?

Edited by Sketch

Please tell me you're not basing this assumption on the clip shown in Frontier episode 1. It was meant to quickly illustrate the colonization programme, not give a detailed outline of when the ships were launched. Please bear in mind that clip also shows the Macross 7 and Megaroad 1 departing Earth at the same time. It is hardly a reliable source of information.

And we know this how?

Macross Chronicle translations and material from the BD.

Seriously Sketch where have you been this past year? :huh:

Edited by RedWolf

Macross Chronicle translations and material from the BD.

Seriously Sketch where have you been this past year? :huh:

I'm looking at the colonies page from Chronicle Vol. 1 right now and it doesn't list any dates... it simply shows pics and has descriptions of each colony type.

You claim:

a. There are only 13 'small' New Macross Class fleets prior to the switchover to Island Cluster class

b. Production of the 'small' Macross colonies ends in 2040

c. Macross Galaxy launched 1 year after Macross 01.

Please link to a references for these claims, that's all I'm asking.

Edited by Sketch

You do realize you're asking me to rummage through the About Macross Chronicle thread , Macross Chronicle Translation thread and the archived Macross Frontier News thread. Probably the Macross Frontier Mecha and Technology thread too.

Yes. It's called "getting your facts straight" and "citing your sources".

It is your arguement after all. If you cannot be bothered to find supporting evidence, then who are we to believe you?

a. There are only 13 'small' New Macross Class fleets prior to the switchover to Island Cluster class

Well I can cite since I don't have the time to rummage through pages.

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/New_Macross_Class

Since Macross 13's status as a non-emmigration fleet is established by Macross Frontier Novel Volume 4 there are only six New Macross Class fleets.

NMC vessels built distributed among these six fleets:

Macross 1 has 4 seen NMC in Macross 7 episode 1. Domeless of the protective shell.

Macross 3 never seen on screen.

Macross 5 has 3 NMC seen in Macross 7 episode 25. Macross 5 was destroyed by Protodevlin Varauta forces. Its surviving citizens and military taken captive, the military brainwashed as new Varauta soldiers.

Macross 7 has 1 NMC. The original Battle 7 lost on Varauta. A new Battle 7 was being built in Macross Dynamite 7.

Macross 9 was the setting of Macross Generation drama CD. Having a copy and heard it I assume it is not a multi-NMC fleet like M1 and M5. Location the Rim.

Macross 11 mentioned first in the Macross Dynamite 7 prequel manga Macross English Anticipation. First and only seen in the Macross Frontier finale as one of the locales being invaded en masse. Only 1 NMC with numerous island ships attached. (Not to mention pricklier than a porcupine) Location the Rim.

Remembering from the About Macross Chronicle thread I've read NMC production ended in 13 vessels produced before switching over to the ICC. ICC production started at 2040. Macross Frontier launching from Earth in 2041.

Edited by RedWolf

There is nothing in that article indicating that there are only six New Macross fleets. The fleets listed are just ones that have appeared in shows, radio dramas, or off-screen material, note that the article on the Megaroad Class only lists 01, 02, 03, and 13.

As for the Chronicle Thread, I've combed over it, and haven't seen anything listing the production numbers, or dates of production for the colonies.

Edited by Sketch

There is nothing in that article indicating that there are only six New Macross fleets. The fleets listed are just ones that have appeared in shows, radio dramas, or off-screen material, note that the article on the Megaroad Class only lists 01, 02, 03, and 13.

Macross fleets as you will notice never designate Macross fleets with even numbers. The article in Macross Compendium was from the old Macross Compendium which by all purposes canon supported by Big West.

The numbering scheme for me did not make sense until Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy came along. Macross fleets are all Odd numbered.

Macross 13 being a secret fleet designation the Macross emmigration fleet numbering jumped from 11 to 15 and so on.

Well I can cite since I don't have the time to rummage through pages.

Well, you better make the time if you want to continue with the argument.

The numbering scheme for me did not make sense until Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy came along. Macross fleets are all Odd numbered.

Perhaps it's because the shows run a particular theme? Really, Macross 25 (Frontier), Macross Quarter (1/4, .25), VF-25, etc...All runs with the 25th Anniversary. Macross 7, Mylene is the 7th daughter, etc.

Macross fleets as you will notice never designate Macross fleets with even numbers. The article in Macross Compendium was from the old Macross Compendium which by all purposes canon supported by Big West.

Did you read my post? They only listed the fleets that have appeared in the series itself, or off-screen material. Take a look at the Megaroad Article, it was on the old compendium as well, and it only lists 4 fleets.

The intro to Macross 7 specifically refers to the launch of the 37th Long Range Mission being the 7th New Macross Class colony.

Macross 7 and Frontier have pretty consistent fleet numbering that would indicate there are no gaps in the colony plan.

7th New Macross / 37th Colony Fleet

25th New Macross / 55th Colony Fleet

Seems to me that those numbers add up pretty tidy... you should google Occam's Razor, I think you need a shave.

Edited by Sketch

Here's the thing, in the intro to Macross 7, it specifically refers to the launch of the 37th Long Range Mission being the 7th New Macross Class colony.

Macross 7 and Frontier have pretty consistent fleet numbering that would indicate there are no gaps in the colony plan.

7th New Macross / 37th Colony Fleet)

25th New Macross / 55th Colony Fleet

Seems to me that those numbers add up pretty tidy...

As Mr. March can attest the fleet designations are messy and unified.

Macross 7 - 37th Long Range Emmigration Fleet

Macross 25/Frontier - 55th Large Scale, Super Long Range Emmigration Fleet

Macross 21/Galaxy - 9th Large Scale, Super Long Range Emmigration Fleet

Also Shouji Kawamori in an interview tells there are emmigration fleets that are entirely made up of refitted Zentradi ships.

So there are more than Megaroads, NMCs and ICCs emmigration fleets out there. Macross Galaxy Mainland isn't a either a NMC or ICC. It launched in 2031, ten years prior to Macross Frontier, yet having the Macross 21 designation. Macross 1 launched in 2031 and Macross 7 in 2038. Macross 25 launched in 2041.