Gauging Interest 1/72 Destoroido Tomahawk -Reissue!

Dax415

Hello,

Just gauging interest here on the possibility of a limited run of 1/72 Destoroido Tomahawk, these will be casted using the original master sculpts created by Captain America here on the boards. Price Approx $130ish a kit (cost of materials and so forth has gone up since first release :( , making every effort not to make it skyrocket). What will be strongly considered to stay within cost is to not have a stylish box...simply the kit, decals and a online post for the instructions available for everyone. Those interested please post here in the thread.

PRICE PER KIT: $135 in the U.S. Priority Mail 2-3 Day Shipping $15 International (France, Germany, Chile, HK, and Australia) $30 ....Shipping will include insurance. Payment: If you bank with Chase and are on the straight shooters list... I will accept personal checks from this bank or money orders (us postal money orders or moneygram). Moneygram money orders are available at Walmart and alot of grocery outlets. Paypal accepted with a $5 fee per kit,....an unfortunate evil to add the fee but I didn't want to exclude this option. Another paypal option to avoid the fee is to send it as a personal payment, this works if you have enough money in your paypal account already or get it transferred from your checking account. If you have questions please pm me and we'll work something out.

PAYMENT INFO TO COME ....I"ll post once everything is definite. Just wanted to thank you guys for the support and i'm very pleased that fellow MWer's will be the first to get the reissues. Would love to see the build ups.

Payment: Okay guys, since the kits are now all ready and casted....I'll start collecting money and once that is done get the kits and send them out, most likely I will have to send decals out separately (i'll cover the costs for shipping the decals). So if that's fine with you, please do the following:

Paypal: dan74m@iwon.com

By mail: please pm me, this will also help me keep track

Thanks!!

As of now 10-11-09, the kits are casted and am only waiting for the decals to be made and sent out. Orders for the Destoroido Tomahawk will be officially closed on Saturday 10-17-09.

Interested:

ahiachris x1 Paid

Thor x1 Paid

neko fr x1 Paid

aquilon x1 Paid

spitfire br x1 Paid

neptunesurvey x1 Pending

hodiod01 x1 Paid

evil bones x1 Paid

baxojayz x1 Paid

Edited by Dax415

Hello,

Just gauging interest here on the possibility of a limited run of 1/72 Destoroido Tomahawk, these will be casted using the original master sculpts created by Captain America here on the boards. Price Approx $130ish a kit (cost of materials and so forth has gone up since first release :( , making every effort not to make it skyrocket). What will be strongly considered to stay within cost is to not have a stylish box...simply the kit, decals and a online post for the instructions available for everyone. Those interested please post here in the thread.

Wow... what a piece of good news. After years of hunting, I'd finally bought one last month. Althought I'd already got one I'm interested to get another one. Count me in.

Hello,

Actually, the new price is still very reasonable. When I had made the run initially, I had slightly underestimated the sheer number of parts and labor involved.

Just gauging interest here on the possibility of a limited run of 1/72 Destoroido Tomahawk, these will be casted using the original master sculpts created by Captain America here on the boards.

I see Captain America has already posted in this thread, so I'm presuming that this recast is being done with his full approval and permission?

Graham

Chances are that this will be as good as the original first run, so if you didnt get it last time round best put your name down.

Could this indeed be the start of a regular reissue thing, I dont know, maybe, but only if the molds hold out :)

Chances are that this will be as good as the original first run, so if you didnt get it last time round best put your name down.

Could this indeed be the start of a regular reissue thing, I dont know, maybe, but only if the molds hold out :)

OK I know what to do ^_^ :

As your marvellous presence light the night of our homes (am I right here?), I beg you, master, to re-issues these jewels (gosh I'm good on this B)) ) :lol:

I have one already but holy crap this is tempting.

Hey what are the chances of captain america's other models getting re-releases? Like a Gnerl fighter and a regular Regult? I know, but I can dream......

I think Captain still have one Gnerl fighter with him. It's the one that was dry fitted for making instructions. You better contact him directly.

Hello,

Interested:

ahiachris x1

Thor x1

Ranger565 x1

neko fr x1

My favorite Macross Mecha - sign me up for one for sure and if I get a wild hair maybe a second one....

Greetings ! After a loooong time as luker finally i have a reason to introduce myself. I'm want one of these, but before confirm my intention, one question:

Price Approx $130ish a kit - thats means 130 US dollar, without shipping ?

Edited by Spitfire_BR

Ok guys.... here are some progress picks of the first reissue of the kit. stickers still need to be made, clear parts casted up and a full run needs to be finished. so there's still time to order, these will not be mass produced and once they are gone.....its going to be along time before these get reissued, if ever.

destroido1.jpg

Edited by Dax415

Greetings ! After a loooong time as luker finally i have a reason to introduce myself. I'm want one of these, but before confirm my intention, one question:

Price Approx $130ish a kit - thats means 130 US dollar, without shipping ?

...just to clarify so my response wasn't confusing.

The kit price by itself will indeed be $135 + whatever shipping will be from the U.S. (shipping to be determined) I will have a tier set up just like captain america did for discount shipping for multiple kits. So that does indeed mean $135 US dollar, without shipping and once i have the price tier set up for shipping cost that will be additional. Hence the + shipping.

...just to clarify so my response wasn't confusing.

The kit price by itself will indeed be $135 + whatever shipping will be from the U.S. (shipping to be determined) I will have a tier set up just like captain america did for discount shipping for multiple kits. So that does indeed mean $135 US dollar, without shipping and once i have the price tier set up for shipping cost that will be additional. Hence the + shipping.

Ok Dax just give us a heads up when your ready.

WOW, amazing picture, Dax ! I MUST HAVE IT, right now !!!!

That's fine, 135.00 USD it's a good price for a model with this quality. How you will proceed with the payment, a 50% payment right now as reserve and the restant + shipping when sending the model ? And i hope you works with Paypal, it's the better way to send the money to you. Thanks !!!!

id agree if it wasnt known that wave is revising the sculpt of the kit and no really new images are out yet. While johns is excellent i feel the wave kit will be better and...affordable.

not knocking johns kit BTW i own all 4 of his destroids.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you need blabbering from the peanut gallery like you need a hole in the head, but if it were me and I had the masters and the means to reproduce them, I'd probably do a run fast before other kits come out and hit Macrossworld, Starshipmodeler, Resin Illuminati and The RPF offering the kits for sale inthe sale sections and fast before alternative 1/72's come out that are cheaper. Mastered by Moscato carries some weight in the modelling communities, if you don't go overboard with giant runs, and the casts are good I'd be shocked if you can't sell out a run of each. Hell, I think a couple guys onthis board have done deals to have SSM sell their kits, maybe something like that could help you at least recoup your costs on the masters if not turn a small profit.

Dependent on interest, but yes Codam the other two destroids are options. This is limited to the destroids that share the same legs only....Tomahawk, Defendarr, and Pharanx.

Definitely let us know when you do a run of the Defendarr, and Pharanx. I missed those and real want one or 2.