YAMATO

izzyfcuk

After seeing Bandai's efforts with the DX I wouldn't call their QC rock solid. ^_^

I like Yamatos what I HATE about them is that their stuff breaks so easily which shouldn't happen. You dont buy a rembrant and hang it on the wall and after a year expect the paints to melt off the canvas

Alll my stuff is in glass displays in a cool basement. Stuff on shelfs are Zoids and Darker colored Transformers.

The rest in Plastic Bins in Plastic Baggies in a cool room. So yellowing will happen regardless.

DSC02760.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

There are those that like to display their toys and rarely play with them and those that play with them alot.

I'm more the former than the latter when it comes to Yamato products.

The only Yamato Valk I had yellow on me so far is the 1/60 V.1 VF-1A Hikaru, but that one was molded in very white plastic, so it had it coming, I guess. Still have it, but it's got a set of GBP armor on it.
Actually mine yellowed while it was sitting with the GBP on it. Could there be some kind of reaction going on between the two items?

Keep in mind it's either sat on a shelf not facing a window which has one of those yellow pull down blinds or in a box in the closet. My home is non smoking and I have forced air so it never gets excessively hot.

Aside that Yamato has been on a better streak compared to recent years. The main thing holding buyers back from the VF-11B isn't the quality control but the price.
That describes my opinion on it pretty well. I'll but it eventually or maybe a repaint of it but I feel it's totally over priced after having seen it in person. Well that and the rear stabs are still WAY too small IMO.

Anyone get the Yammie Labor yet?

I like Yamatos what I HATE about them is that their stuff breaks so easily which shouldn't happen. You dont buy a rembrant and hang it on the wall and after a year expect the paints to melt off the canvas

Alll my stuff is in glass displays in a cool basement. Stuff on shelfs are Zoids and Darker colored Transformers.

The rest in Plastic Bins in Plastic Baggies in a cool room. So yellowing will happen regardless.

DSC02760.jpg

I don't know if this applies to plastics in toys

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/189

but, according to this and "if" it is the type of lighting you have there (if i have read it properlyunsure.gif)

one of the reasons it could be due to .....

nice "fluorescent" lights you got there. wink.gif

Edited by altermodes

I'll just throw in my 2 cents here and say I am in the Yamato "fan" column. As someone who is over 30 and never had hardly any Macross toys as a kid, finding Yamato (and Macrossworld) :lol: a few years back has really been the best thing in a long time for me. Well, for me yes, my poor wallet, no. I collect these things because I fell in love with the mecha as a kid. I just display them, but its so cool to know, that if I want to take them out and play like a kid, I can! I only bought one 1:48, but now have a LOT invested in the new 1:60 ver, 2's and I'm gonna stick with that scale. For the most part mine have been 99% totally problem free. However, that being said, we NEED enemy mecha, and and SDF-1 TV version SOON Yamato!

I don't know if this applies to plastics in toys

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/189

but, according to this and "if" it is the type of lighting you have there (if i have read it properlyunsure.gif)

one of the reasons it could be due to .....

nice "fluorescent" lights you got there. wink.gif

I understand what you are saying but those lights have only been turned on for the picture. I am running low watt Coils now and only on the fish tank away from display cases. Plus my 1/60 V1 Hikaru is on the bottom shelf and no light gets there

See below for a 360 of my man cave or what I like to call the the getaway Zone. As you can see no light gets to my valks where I have placed them. You can see the infamous 21 on top of the left most display case. Thing have changed a bit but what can I do

DSC02759.jpg

DSC02758.jpg

DSC02757.jpg

DSC02756.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

I understand what you are saying but those lights have only been turned on for the picture. I am running low watt Coils now and only on the fish tank away from display cases. Plus my 1/60 V1 Hikaru is on the bottom shelf and no light gets there

See below for a 360 of my man cave or what I like to call the the getaway Zone. As you can see no light gets to my valks where I have placed them. You can see the infamous 21 on top of the left most display case. Thing have changed a bit but what can I do

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02114.jpg

DSC02424-1.jpg

Nice mancave! That folding chair looks familiar... :)

I love and hate Yamato valkyries for what they are. Great looking toys that are, for the most part, well engineered. They've been looking nicer and nicer over time as they've developed them. Yamato went where no other company deemed it worthy to venture in the Macross license; to develop good looking transformable valkyrie toys.

I HATE my VF-0A for its exploded shoulders and jacked up arms. I took the superglue route, because I refuse to pay money to get replacement parts to correct what never should have crumbled in the first place. It's a pity because it's a good looking bird.

I love the rest of what I own, for sentimental and historical reasons.

I do admit to suffering some remorse. I thought that Yamato would NEVER release a VF-22, so I settled for the YF-21, and lo and behold a few months later BAM! VF-22. Oh well.

That's a down right deadly man cave. You could be toasting some toast in that toast oven and next thing you know someone punching that punching bag hits you in the back of the head. Worst a drunk gets on that bike and rides into you!

That is an awesome set up you got there! My bedroom is full of books and some Revoltechs, while the rest of the collection is kept in two seperate closets (one in the bedroom and the other in...for lack of a better term...my toy room...which is also full of boxes and stuff)... But certainly no mini-bar or cute girl sitting around :(

Congrats!

Pete

oh i see , my apologies...

well the link, was about someone asking a...

"Dr. Rudolph D. Deanin, founder of the graduate program in Plastics Engineering at the University of Massachusetts"

why one of his NES systems turned yellow and the other one didn't.

“The plastics most commonly used to make the structural cases for electronic equipment are polypropylene, impact styrene, and ABS,” replied Deanin. “These all tend to discolor and embrittle gradually when exposed to UV and/or heat. They become oxidized and develop conjugated unsaturation, which produces color. They crosslink or degrade, which causes brittleness.”

and also, something i thought might be interesting

“There are other plastics which would be more stable,” Deanin continued, “but manufacturers avoid them because they are more expensive and/or more difficult to process.”

the author of the link came to some conclusion (or something):

"In the case of the SNES plastic, however, the trigger of the oxidation process is clearly not UV light, but simple and unavoidable exposure oxygen in the air over time, with heat possibly accelerating the process."

There is also more on the link and also, had suggestions on how to prevent yellowing to.

Note:

This was about, the plastics used in electronics and these are things beyond my understanding(embarrassed) :wacko::blink::lol:

Edited by altermodes