Stupid fartin Yamato

nugundamII

when will people get into their heads that Yamato is NOT a small company... the way they've been shunting macross items to the market is impossible for a small company to do so, and that's just their macross line, they do have other stuff getting engineered-released

my YF-21 legs are horribly loose after several transformation

I would have love to see the YF-21 thrown into the wall and break into a million pieces... :lol:

DON'T BUY A BMW, they are great cars, but they're reliability is terrible, I've own two of them, a 2001 323i and a 2002 525i, and they've both given me a shitload of problem, mostly bad electronics, they keep breaking down and you have to spend a small fortune on getting it fixed at the stealership, plus from what I've gathered all BMW dealership are run by a55wholes!! last time I went there to get something fixed, while I waited, 2 owners of brand new cars arrived, one of a new M3 arrived with an overheated engine, and another one of a 5 series, was a businessman with a few clients and his brand new 5 series (didn't even had the license plates), air conditioning broke and he looked like he just came out of a marathon, needless to say, the yelling and anger was amusing, the worst thing of all was that the person that received them asked them if they had an appointment......... wow

I think a former Thai Finance Minister can give you a testimony on How BAD BMW is. He was in his 7 series when the electronics fail. And his bodyguards have to break to windscreen from the outside to free him from suffocation. This incident was actually reported in the papers a few years ago. :lol:

I think a former Thai Finance Minister can give you a testimony on How BAD BMW is. He was in his 7 series when the electronics fail. And his bodyguards have to break to windscreen from the outside to free him from suffocation. This incident was actually reported in the papers a few years ago. :lol:

really?? hahaha, that's terrible

the 525i rear windows have failed me too, replaced them twice and now another one went, the ASC system doesn't work either (so I have no ABS or traction control) :wacko:

the 525i rear windows have failed me too, replaced them twice and now another one went, the ASC system doesn't work either (so I have no ABS or traction control) :wacko:

wow

you guys are rich! you go through BMWs like butter. I dont know about you but 2 kids a crappy job and prospects of buying a 3 bedroom house are keeping me away from expensive luxury cars. You guys must be VPs or AVPs to afford something like that.

But after seeing what Pete did I made an exception and this is what I now have in my display

Yeah, but Pete only did that because Pete had built himself a second Unicorn Gundam, with titanium coating, and so felt that it would be cool to take the armor off of his old one and display the inner frame :) Not because it "kept falling apart."

Besides, it actually doesn't fall apart at all if built properly. When I first built the Unicorn, I could have said the same thing as you. But when I built the second one, I discovered that in several areas I totally screwed up. It's kind of amazing, actually, because you think you're doing something right, following the picture instructions...and then you get mad because things "fall apart." Amazingly, if you build another one from scratch you catch yourself and realize 'hey - I did this wrong the last time.'

It's just part of modeling.

As for ROTF Optimus Prime...

I just would like to point out that it appears they spent all their R and D on that one toy, because the remainder of the line is kinda lame IMO...

But maybe we shouldn't make this into a "TFs suck more!" or "Gundams suck more" thread.

Every toy and model line has its' ups and downs. With Transformers, I have decided some time ago to chuck everything except G1 reissues and to have pristine editions with nice boxes because I'm just tired of all the various series I don't care about and realized all I really cared about were the Marvel comics, the original cartoon and the original characters and the original toys. No Henkei for me either. Nor Masterpiece.

With Gundams, I'm mainly into Mastergrade although I sometimes build the occasional HG... I think Gundam is pretty cool.

Macross I love the shows, the music and the Valkyrie. I think both Yamato and Bandai are doing fine.

The YF-21 is actually one of the better Valkyrie Yamato has made (v.2/ 1/60). I have the 1/72 and it was ok too, but kind of a pain in the but and not as awesome in terms of transformation.

I dunno.

I don't complain.

And I have a mazda :) Not a BMW...

In the end - if Yamato is not for you - it's not the end of the world.

Pete

The Singapore and Thai newspapers reported on the issue, including pictures. It was definitely bad PR for BMW, especially when the breakdown is a 7 series model. Probably a top end 7 series too. I don't think a Thai Finance Minister will drive anything less. :lol:

And no, I don't own a car. Haven't yet and never will if I stay in Singapore. A car here cost about 2.5 cars in other countries. One pays for the price of the car, + 110% tax on the import price of the car + US$10000 (approximate only since this is balloted every month, so it can go up or down) to buy a piece of paper that says "You can own this car for 10 years only". It's called a Certificate of Entitlement or COE in short. The paper is valid for 10 years only. After 10 years, you have to go buy another piece of paper from the govt again. :lol:

Edited by blacklotus

I'll take my entire toy collection over a BMW M6 any day. With that said, my tenant just traded in his Honda for an Audi (he got a good deal 'cause some dude needed to get rid of the Audi to pay off debt). I'm just happy driving my '06 Mazda around to the various toy stores to pick my various TF's and Macross toys.

My next door neighbor just sold his old boat and bought a much larger one with money to spare (82G's vs 80 G's). The larger boat costs a lot more than his old boat, but he was able to park the old one in the back yard; the new one needs to be docked. The previous owner of the new boat couldn't afford the maintenance. The kicker is that he threw in a year of docking fees in with the sale. I guess if you have money to spare now, the world is your oyster.

Rating over 15 years old is for financial reasons. By doing so, Yamato doesn't have to send the toys to labs to certify them to be children friendly. And Yamato can stick to using China factories with their fishy standards of QC and product safety.

As a friendly reminder, please, for your own health, remember to wash your hands after handling these toys. Especially if one collects nekkid figures. :)

I am by no means stating that Chinese QC standards are high, but it really depends. About 99.5% of everything in the household is made in China today, and let's just say that aside from a few Yamato valks the world around me isn't crumbling into little pieces. Yamato's management signs off on the materials usage, the design process, and the CAD's so the ultimate responsibility is on them to ensure that the product is good.

Also, I hope you're joking about the "nekkid figures." The STD viruses that can really kill you will die almost instantly when exposed to Oxygen outside of a blood culture, so no, the odds of getting a lethal virus from a figure that has left a factory, packaged, and shipped is about as high as getting hit by lightning inside a submarine.

I am by no means stating that Chinese QC standards are high, but it really depends. About 99.5% of everything in the household is made in China today, and let's just say that aside from a few Yamato valks the world around me isn't crumbling into little pieces. Yamato's management signs off on the materials usage, the design process, and the CAD's so the ultimate responsibility is on them to ensure that the product is good.

Also, I hope you're joking about the "nekkid figures." The STD viruses that can really kill you will die almost instantly when exposed to Oxygen outside of a blood culture, so no, the odds of getting a lethal virus from a figure that has left a factory, packaged, and shipped is about as high as getting hit by lightning inside a submarine.

I'm not referring to STD viruses. I'm worried about the lead content and other hazardous organic chemical stuff in the paint and plastics manufacturers used in their "Above 15 years old" collector's toys. Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier.

When a toy is made for 15 years and above, it generally means these toys don't have to pass the more stringent testings for toys made for children. And FDA (in USA) won't bother checking them. Remember the serious fiasco with Mattel Thomas toy trains? Yup. That's why most Japanese toys based on anime are rated 15 years and above, even though toys based on, for example, Doreamon the robot cat are generally bought and given to younger kids. So be careful, and wash your hands after handling these toys, for your own health's sake. :)

Edited by blacklotus

I'm pretty positive almost all paints used in toy factories are more harmful to the health than ones available to the general public. Now whether or not after they've dried/cured they still are is an interesting question. Doesn't matter too much to me personally as I generally wash my hands before and after handling my collection. Maybe I should start wearing cotton gloves?

On a side note I recently noticed the swingbar on my version 2 Roy VF-1S is chipping. Almost looks like it was powder coated honestly.

Ok, I was with you til you had to badmouth Gundams. We all know who'd win in a fight...besides, if it wasn't for MSG your precious Macross wouldn't exist. Transformers, eh, I'm indifferent. They have some cool designs, but that's all I can say.

:p he ignored me anyways so it didn't work lol Gundam is ok... *looks around*

I'm just amazed that some of you folks have so much money and so little regard for things that you can just "throw away" an expensive, complex toy. Like it never even occurs to you to offer it to someone for kitbashing for the cost of postage. Or you even lack the imagination to mod it into a 'wrecked' Valk for your display.

Regardless of some persons' disappointment or frustrations at the quality - or lack thereof - of the product, it strikes me that one would simply be an incredibly spoiled-rotten, irresponsible and thoughtless person to simply destroy it or throw it away, especially when you're a member of a community in which many of your peers could make far better use of the item than sending it to your local landfill for a couple million years.

In a hobby that is perhaps essentially childish, some displays of childishness are simply irredeemably negative.

Just a dang minute here, I said that the plastic had degraded and all the joints were simply falling apart. So because I throw away a broken toy that I bought over 5 years ago, I am a "incredibly spoiled-rotten, irresponsible and thoughtless person"? Its none of your business what I do with my property. If I want to buy several thousand dollars worth of Yamato VF's and then make a huge bonfire with them, that's my business.

Don't cry or call others names because you didn't get a free broken toy.

I'm pretty positive almost all paints used in toy factories are more harmful to the health than ones available to the general public. Now whether or not after they've dried/cured they still are is an interesting question. Doesn't matter too much to me personally as I generally wash my hands before and after handling my collection.

I imagine the types of paints may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but from my experience I doubt that you would be able to get them in the US at least. When paint is thinned with gasoline, that's usually not a healthy sign...

Just a dang minute here, I said that the plastic had degraded and all the joints were simply falling apart. So because I throw away a broken toy that I bought over 5 years ago, I am a "incredibly spoiled-rotten, irresponsible and thoughtless person"? Its none of your business what I do with my property. If I want to buy several thousand dollars worth of Yamato VF's and then make a huge bonfire with them, that's my business.

While I would agree with you for the most part, it depends on how you're burning those Yammies. If you're flaunting it like those douches who break game consoles in front of a pre-release lineup, then you're just being an idiot. Sure, the console was paid for fairly, but the malevolent intention was to annoy others. However, to have a private bonfire purely for self benefit would only benefit others, as long as you weren't driving up demand to the point that others had to pay a higher average market price.

I've already got a broken 1/72 YF-21, thank you.

I recall watching a kid back in the 80s gleefully smashing a large Gakken Legioss to pieces on the pavement outside his house in my neigborhood, and asking him why on earth he was destroying it. His response was "The wing broke off already, besides - its MINE!"

Of course, he was 8 years old.

There is some irony in one collector of "toys" inferring another collector of "toys" is immature because he breaks or throws away said aforementioned "toy(s)" is there not? People blow off steam in very different fashions to say the least.