pics of your first macross toy...

pondo

When I was a kid, the only way you could have a macross toy in my area was to have jetfire OR a non transformable robotech fighter.

You would not BELIEVE the excitement when I found one of these pieces of garbage at a flea market....

LOT-3_valkryie_05.jpg

LOT-3_valkryie_04.jpg

thank god times have changed........

When I was a kid, the only way you could have a macross toy in my area was to have jetfire OR a non transformable robotech fighter.

You would not BELIEVE the excitement when I found one of these pieces of garbage at a flea market....

LOT-3_valkryie_05.jpg

LOT-3_valkryie_04.jpg

OMG, this is exactly the same toy that I got when I was 10 years old from a small grocery shop next to my school. I only have the vf-1s and it was my first valkyrie toy. :lol:

I loved these. Everyone had them. And they were like the most bootlegged Valk toys ever. When those Banprestos came out, they really gave me an old-school buzz, reminding me of these guys. I guess that's why I like the Banprestos more than some of the other members here.

I had the skull one of them! that was my first.

OMG, this is exactly the same toy that I got when I was 10 years old from a small grocery shop next to my school. I only have the vf-1s and it was my first valkyrie toy. :lol:

I got the same exact one at the same exact age. I got mine at Ralph's .

i'd say my first were several of those atrocious ARII figures from the late ninties, those awful re-toolings of their hideous 1/100 model kits that they released to "Celebrate" MACROSS' 15th anniversary...

BYDccwCGkKGrHgoOKicEjlLmZ3G2BKfieWt.jpg

you said it, man...

Miss_Shao_as_Lynn_Minmay_1_by_Shaor.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

Mine was the VF-1S version of this.

Had the same wonky laser rifle (though kinda neat in a way).

Hahaha, I had the Roy in the OP, also bought from a flea market in Australia. They must have made millions of those things in the `80s. talk about a flashback. It wasn`t my first "macross" toy tho, it was Jetfire.

ARG!!!

Technically the 1S one ws my first Macross toy too.

Although I did have access to my Brothers Jetfire and several build ARII kits before this.

Now I have several of the little bastards just for old time sake.

This was my first toy MACROSS! :lol:

3192315041_f2b412bf3d.jpg

Its a combination of the Convertors Takatoku release (which I got first) and a multicolored bootleg's spiffy box and decals (which I'd gotten a couple of months later at a discount store). A little extra paint for good measure. When this was all you could find in the US back in the early 80s, it was an absolute treasure - and still is!

...but my first actual Macross toy was one of those Select CONVERTORS editions of the Henkei VF-1S, actual Takatoku production repackaged. Still have it, and I might shoot a pic or two of it tomorrow.

I love those little Henkei Valks, and I think I've got about a half dozen or so of them, including the Convertors release of Takatoku's unproduced Super VF-1S.

- AcroRay

Just a few of my original Oldies!! The SDF-1 & VF-1S Strike are still packed up!! I got these back in the day when it was still a rumor that Robotech might actually be a Japanese Anime series. No Internet back then in 85' !! B))

post-6180-1250395205_thumb.jpg

My first "Macross"

b28b8b194b454a2a84e2be0733f1f698.jpg

I always wanted a Jetfire when I was young. I had never heard of Macross when I was young but I knew of Robotech but never understood why they never sold the "hero" robots until recently.

Then I got my first real Macross!!

09903761b8d84648aea755b2ea3296b6.jpg

Thanks to Jenius for this blog Anymoon.com for helping me decide on the specific version of the VF-1S to buy

Edited by anotheran

My first "Macross"

b28b8b194b454a2a84e2be0733f1f698.jpg

I always wanted a Jetfire when I was young. I had never heard of Macross when I was young but I knew of Robotech but never understood why they never sold the "hero" robots until recently.

Then I got my first real Macross!!

09903761b8d84648aea755b2ea3296b6.jpg

Thanks to Jenius for this blog Anymoon.com for helping me decide on the specific version of the VF-1S to buy

Cool!

I loved jetfire. IN fact I'm gonna try to track one down. I really like the look of the rounded nose and the colouring, too. It's actually my favorite chunky.

Believe it or not - anime wasn't/isn't all that popular in Vermont.... Although if Hikaru was milking a Holstein that produced moonshine, there probably would have been an action figure in every General Store. Needless to say - we had what Kay-Bee toys carried, and not much else. So, my first item was the Revell "Orbot". I think my first toy was the cheesy Matchbox Skull-1 that held the 3 3/4" figure and didn't transform, although I don't feel like digging for it. My first "Macross" was the playset.

post-3041-1250554106_thumb.jpgpost-3041-1250554113_thumb.jpg

Edited by RT junkie

Believe it or not - anime wasn't/isn't all that popular in Vermont.... Although if Hikaru was milking a Holstein that produced moonshine, there probably would have been an action figure in every General Store. Needless to say - we had what Kay-Bee toys carried, and not much else. So, my first item was the Revell "Orbot". I think my first toy was the cheesy Matchbox Skull-1 that held the 3 3/4" figure and didn't transform, although I don't feel like digging for it. My first "Macross" was the playset.

Man would I love to have that SDF-1 playset.

I LOVED the look of the old non-transformable 3 3/4"scale vf-1s fighter.

They run a pretty big penny on e-bay....

Okay I found the storage bin with 'em, and a few others from the line. The rest of the destroids are in another one somewhere, but still, it was a nice trip down memory lane. I definitely need to take the dust cloth to the 1S toys though!

post-3041-1250605711_thumb.jpg

those are sweet! The 1S has some serious charm...

I had a Joke Machine VF-1S Roy Focker.

Ditto. Or at least the Matchbox version. It's still my favorite transforming valk toy.

Shortly after getting the joke machine I had:

the same toy as pictured in the first post, only the pencil sharpener version.

One of those pull-back-and-go Paro valks, released under the Convertors brand.

Two model kits, one non-transforming Miriya and one transforming VF-1A cannon fodder

One Matchbox Rick Hunter figure

Ditto. Or at least the Matchbox version. It's still my favorite transforming valk toy.

Shortly after getting the joke machine I had:

the same toy as pictured in the first post, only the pencil sharpener version.

One of those pull-back-and-go Paro valks, released under the Convertors brand.

Two model kits, one non-transforming Miriya and one transforming VF-1A cannon fodder

One Matchbox Rick Hunter figure

wow...you really had your share!

wow...you really had your share!

:) Seems like it I suppose, but aside from the Joke Machine and Rick Hunter I thought they were all pretty cruddy.

The pencil sharpener valk was easily on of the worst 'toys' I ever had. Ironically it's one of the few childhood toys I still have. :D

My first "Macross" toy would be this little Convertor Maladroid bad boy:

post-3595-1250620065_thumb.jpg

I remember getting really bummed as a kid when I broke the handle on the gunpod (was trying to twist it around so the gunpod would be facing front in fighter mode). :rolleyes:

However, my first official Macross toy wouldn't come until much, much later:

post-3595-1250620096_thumb.jpg

(Bandai Re-Release)

My first "Macross" toy would be this little Convertor Maladroid bad boy:

post-3595-1250620065_thumb.jpg

I remember getting really bummed as a kid when I broke the handle on the gunpod (was trying to twist it around so the gunpod would be facing front in fighter mode). :rolleyes:

However, my first official Macross toy wouldn't come until much, much later:

post-3595-1250620096_thumb.jpg

(Bandai Re-Release)

I've never been a huge fan of the chunky, but that's a pretty sweet roy