Damm I can't stop watching this lol. I think we should send Black Dynamite to the so called "town hall meetings" in the US.

> "B!TCH, Shut YO TRAP STOP YELLING AND WAIT FOR UR TURN... U DIG?"

Oh wait, did I just try and talk about politics in a thread that is only marginally about Anime/Sci-fi? B))

• 8 months later...

Had me and my crew of 20 people during our first viewing in tears all the way through. And yet Hollywood felt there was no audience for this film and never saw a theatrical release, yet every "Movie" film gets one. Yep love the politics of my career field.

Edited by kanedaestes

I am sure the studio saw Jackie Brown as the end all Black Exploitation film tribute. They probably didn't want to invest in something that in their mind was so similar.

Of course it wasn't.

A friend of mine had been talking this movie up for awhile as the funniest movie he'd ever seen. So on his recommendation, I rented it. And at first, I'm thinking that I must not get it. I'll admit, my buddy's black and I'm a white guy, and I was wondering if I was just missing something.

I'm glad I kept watching. Turns out I was just being impatient with it. The movie's like a snowball of absurdity, building as it goes on. By the end, I was ready to admit that it really was one of the funniest movies I'd ever seen.

I am sure the studio saw Jackie Brown as the end all Black Exploitation film tribute. They probably didn't want to invest in something that in their mind was so similar.

Of course it wasn't.

So does Nixon qualify as one of the best movie bad guys of all-time?

So does Nixon qualify as one of the best movie bad guys of all-time?

Hard for me to judge.. I liked Nixon. He was kind of a 'love to hate him' kinda guy though.

KUNG FU TREACHERY!!!!!!!!! :lol: I love Black Dynamite; they have to make a sequel.

I'm pretty sure he said he was making one so he could fit in all the stuff that he couldn't fit into the original. I think he was on AOTS to promote the DVD when he mentioned that.

"Ha ha! Threw that sh*t before I entered the room!"

Also another favorite which I will buy the shirt of

"But Black Dynamite I sell drugs to the community."

Edited by kanedaestes

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Its being done by the Boondocks guy, who is a total racist. The show will be nothing like the movie. I predict this will succeed but for all the wrong reasons.

Have you even watched the Boondocks? You've gotta funny interpretation of what racism is.

He made the same claim a long time ago in the Boondocks thread. It basically got buried in "wtf are you talking about?" remarks.

"burried" by you and Keith (who nobody listens to)

just do a search on "boondocks Racist"

I am not the only one who feels this way.

the show is all about "fuk white people'

I dated an angry minority for years, I am sick of that sh!t.

Boondocks is hilarious. Anyone who watches it knows Aaron Mcgruder trashes black people just as much as white on the show if not more.

His political stance is a hell of a lot more questionable than his racial tolerance.

I think Black Dynamite will be done perfectly by him. Michael Jai White wrote it and is signed on for the voice. He must think it has some potential.

Edit: I started every single one of those sentences with "I think." -_-

Edited by Chewie

I've always felt especially after the first season the Boondocks were pretty much making more fun of black people, and of course I thought it was funny. With that being said Aaron has nothing to do with Black Dynamite, it

is Carl who is in charge thus it means the animation style willl be the same as the Boondocks not necessarily the same type of humor or social commentary.

"burried" by you and Keith (who nobody listens to)

just do a search on "boondocks Racist"

I am not the only one who feels this way.

the show is all about "fuk white people'

I dated an angry minority for years, I am sick of that sh!t.

That's ignorant even for you.

I don't want commercials interrupting my animated kung fu!

A lot of the things that were funny about the movie were the cheesy camera tricks. Oh well. As much as I liked the first one I think I can only go as far as another movie, anything more than that would be played out. Or maybe one was good enough.

Can you see where I'm coming from you jive motherf*ckers?