Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

well, just some shots of Blurr and his not-quite-so-straight rifle doing his best to imitate either a classic RX-79[G] pose or a Hikky-1S pose. ;)

damn rifle ain't straight most likely due to the way it was strung tightly in packaging.

i'll straighten it out one of these days and prolly give it to my Cliffy-wfc. :lol:

post-263-129723343315_thumb.jpg

post-263-129723344339_thumb.jpg

post-263-129723344998_thumb.jpg

post-263-129723345778_thumb.jpg

Y cant bring myself to buy Blurr. I just want to know when Wheeljack and thunder craker will show up. Getting tired to browse walmart and Target stores.

Does anyone know when will Hasbro release them? or for some possessed reason Fry's electronics would have them?

Thanks in advance, you're all so nice,

V.

Edited by vlenhoff

Ugh. After hearing about people finding Scourge and G2 Prime, I figured I'd go out Transformers hunting again. And of course, everyone has the same empty peghooks and hooks of Skullgrin, Jolt, and Ravage. The only perk at all was finding Voyager Seaspray on clearance at TRU for $13 (and even then I bought him more to remind people that the Transformers need restocked than anything else.

Speaking of Seapsray, he's an ok homage to G1 Seaspray. In vehicle mode, he looks good if a little empty in the back, but in bot mode everything that's black should really be yellow. I think it's also kind of funny how some of the bigger toys released in the last few years, like this Seaspray, Animated Leader Megatron, Inferno, etc have been much simpler to transform than some of the more recent Deluxes.

Y cant bring myself to buy bLurr. Maybab Cupe (sp?) i would buy)0. I just want to know when Wheeljack and thunder craker will show up. Getting tired to browse walamart and Target

anyone know when will Hasbro release them? or for some possessed reason Fry's electronics would have them?

Thanks in advance, you're all so nice,

V.

The wave with Thundercracker and Wheeljack is announced for 'Febuary'. Unreleased so far.

i caved and ordered the new waves at bbts. rts bumblebee, optimus, wreck-gar, and perceptor. generations kup, thundercracker, wheeljack, and scourge. they come out to about $2 more for each figure since targets are selling figures for about $13 after tax. they'll probably show up later on but it seems there are too many collectors, scalpers, and store workers to compete with that get there first.

At least you have F&S to look at 'em in. I've got Target, TRU, and Walmart. That's it, unless I wanna road trip.

I actually just go there to see what should be in stores and then hunt for them at the usual stores. You can try kohls too. I got jazz and tracks there but my local kohls has since been baren.

welp! stopped by target tonite after some burrito-run and whaddayaknow?

they actually got new'er TF-stuff on their pegs than last monday.

RTS-figs: (2) Tracks, (2) Perceptor, (6) Prime, and a bunch of Bumblebee-RTS.

So, much as I really loathe the $11.99 pricing on a $7 fig, I bought the Tracks and Perceptor coz I just might not see them again. a big F-U to Hasbro's distro-tactics!

I didn't like the look and stuff of the new Prime-RTS.

So, anyway. Check your local Target again. Maybe they got better/newer stocks now.

late edit: added some bot-pics of 'em. yeah. Perceptor's actually got some shiny... ^_^

post-263-129740244127_thumb.jpg

post-263-129741122543_thumb.jpg

post-263-129741123371_thumb.jpg

post-263-129741124267_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

Dark Of The Moon Leader Sentinel Prime

Do. Want. Now.

post-209-129747694812_thumb.jpg

I'm loving the bot mode, but I'm worried the alt mode will have nowhere to store the sword and shield except for smack on top of the roof. If it Can fit into the vehicle that will be great, if it can't... I'll be disappointed but still get it. :rolleyes:

Personally, I really like how sentinel is a mix of more traditional TF aesthetics with the bayformer look. Definitely looking forward to picking him up and I hope kegs and shocky get similarly impressive leader class sculpts as well

Personally, I really like how sentinel is a mix of more traditional TF aesthetics with the bayformer look. Definitely looking forward to picking him up and I hope kegs and shocky get similarly impressive leader class sculpts as well

Yes please for a leader shockwave.

btw, who's kegs? :huh:

Sentinel does look pretty slick. As long as he is just a new Prime and not Optimus' replacement (in the movie) I'll be a happy camper.

Finally found (again) and snapped up a Dirge and Wreck-gar arrived today. Wreck-gar is a really great mold, transformation is pretty simple but it works and is a nice rendition of the character. My only gripe is that his head seems to sit a little low so he kinda looks like he is shrugging.

So now that I have Dirge and Thrust, if anyone has a Ramjet loose or otherwise or knows a decent retailer that has one please let me know. Think the absolute cheapest evilbay buy it now price is about 60 bucks.

Went to visit my parents today. They live near a Kohl's and a Target that's not my Target, so I figured I'd hunt there. I'm glad I did! At Kohl's I found Tracks and Jazz (they had a ton of each), and they were buy one get one half off (which works to offset the fact that they're very overpriced at $14.99 each). At their Target I found a solitary Blurr (the only one I've seen anywhere). I think that brings me up to speed, more or less. I know people have found Prime, Scourge, Wreck-Gar, and Perceptor, but I can assume they haven't made there way to my neck of the woods yet.

EDIT: Some quick thoughts. Blurr is a blue Peg with guns instead of swords, so if you liked that mold, you'll like Blurr. Some might complain that his head isn't very Blurr-ish... it's true that it's not the TV-shaped box that G1 Blurr had, but it's spot-on for his IDW incarnation. Jazz, aside from some fidgeting with his feet, is pretty simple to transform, and amazingly G1-but-better. Silver feet and shins, check. Black knees, hips, biceps, and hands, check. White forearms and thighs, check. Grooves on arms, check. Front of car becomes chest, tires swivel up with his arms, check. I'm actually sorely tempted to paint over his headlights and try make a bigger box spoiler to complete the look. Speaking of paint, it's a little disappointing that his rear window and tail lights are unpainted. As for Tracks, he's better than I thought he'd be. His backpack gear and shoulder missiles don't really form a box around his head like the original's, but it's still pretty good. The tribal flames on his hood just don't compare to the awesome late 70s, early 80s look of the original, though (the Reprolabels ones are better, but not quite there)... indeed, while his rear looks pretty good, his front end isn't very 'Vette-ish. His knees also seem to want to bend more backwards than forwards... probably for Wheeljack.

Edited by mikeszekely

I'm actually sorely tempted to paint over his headlights and try make a bigger box spoiler to complete the look.

I'm trying to do the exact same thing through the wonder of styrene and earth magnets. Jazz will become a parts-former, but I'm ok with it. I'm just having trouble finding a spot to put the spoiler parts in bot mode. And yes, the lack of detail on Jazz is disappointing, but I still love him to bits.

Now that is interesting. I've always liked Ironhide in the movies, but his figures have been pretty underwhelming in the past. I'm hopeful about this new one.

I'd really like to see a Prime that rivals or is even better than RotF Leader Prime. Sadly I don't think I'm gonna get one.

edit: Just saw some better Prime shots on Seibertron, have some hope. He looks much nicer than the "official" shots we saw a week or so back.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I'm trying to do the exact same thing through the wonder of styrene and earth magnets. Jazz will become a parts-former, but I'm ok with it. I'm just having trouble finding a spot to put the spoiler parts in bot mode. And yes, the lack of detail on Jazz is disappointing, but I still love him to bits.

I was thinking to stick the spoiler onto the one he already has. To be toy accurate, the top of the spoiler should be back far enough not to interfere with his knees, and if it slopes upward enough, I think it'll just clear the back of the car that makes up his calf.

But yeah, I think the thing that impressed me the most about Jazz and Tracks is how much the designs have improved. They have fun transformations that hide their weapons, look good in both modes, and have solid articulation without being as overly complicated and finicky as some of the earlier releases. For a very stark comparison, Jazz looks great in both modes, has great articulation, and is relatively simple to transform. Prowl, who has a similar appearance in both modes, is a pain to transform, has a head that sticks up too far off his chest and shoulders, and has terrible balance.

I just saw something mentioned but it's one of those things that's impossible to get good search results for:

It seems that Takara-Tomy is going to re-release a ROTF Prime mold again? Will this be yet another Buster Prime or what? I missed out/waited too long and never got one, so if they're doing it again I'm very interested. (especially since I am so not impressed by DOTM Prime---dare we hope for an even better one in the future?)