Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

IMHO there will never be a really good Ultra Magnus unless it is designed from scratch to be UM, and only UM. Using Prime as a base brings in far too many limitations. (and makes the figure hideously more expensive and complex than it needs to be---nobody wants/like un-armored UM---make the figure like in the G1 animation---a car carrier, and a huge armored bot---no more, no less). Sure, it'd probably require the cab to be out-of-scale with Prime. But the figure as a whole would be SO much better for it. The cab would basically be a minimally-transformable truck cab with a giant UM head inside taking up the whole interior---really, that's all the cab did in the G1 figure--support the head.

Agreed, the white OP as UM has always seemed like a cop out to me. Even as a little kid that always irked me. I would be happy with a completely unique mold for Magnus. That being said, seeing how much they want for new Prime. A totally unique Magnus could be a bit too expensive for people. Still, I'd love to see them do it.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

IMHO there will never be a really good Ultra Magnus unless it is designed from scratch to be UM, and only UM.

I don't know about you, but I thought Fansproject's UM (City Commmander) was absolutely amazing, and it was obviously an after-market design. I would not buy an "only-UM" toy, it's the sheer number of options that I like about the FP offering.

That Prime looks awesome, I'd get one if it werent so expensive if it weren't for those godawful Bayformer designs being too mind-blowingly awesome for me to handle.

you forgot to finish that one. :p

Edited by anime52k8

That Prime looks awesome, I'd get one if it werent so expensive if it weren't for those godawful Bayformer designs being too mind-blowingly awesome for me to handle.ful.

OK, there we go, final answer, Regis/Chris. :p:lol:

Just wondering for those who ordered a Fansproject Blesser, did you all get it already? I still haven't gotten mine yet. =/

I just bought a DOTM Powerglide and it's such an amazing toy. It's probably the best depiction of Powerglide's A-10 mode ever, beats the previous voyager version hands down.

Great A-10 profile, accurate landing gear placement, removable munitions, kudos to the Hasbro designers who managed to engineer this into something smaller than a Scout class figure. Go out and get one now!

9aeb33132522761.jpg fe4952132522779.jpg 6a99df132522785.jpg

Just wondering for those who ordered a Fansproject Blesser, did you all get it already? I still haven't gotten mine yet. =/

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, man. Sorry you don't have yours yet.

Best, MyClone

Edited by MyClone

Skyhammer looks awesome, but mainly just Leader Ironhide, maybe Sentinel Prime, and maybe some later Human Alliance figs, the basic versions don't interest me. That's my list for DOTM toys.

I spotted leader Sentinel Prime at Target (South Florida) today.

Almost picked him up, but I was very bummed out by the muted red color.

I was hoping to be almost a firetruck red like this picture but it is more like this washed red.

Also, Target had 5 of them on the shelves and EVERY SINGLE ONE had paint problems on the chest gold centerpiece.

Hopefully we'll see a repaint or a better Takara release.

Edited by Limbo

I spotted leader Sentinel Prime at Target (South Florida) today.

Almost picked him up, but I was very bummed out by the muted red color.

I was hoping to be almost a firetruck red like this picture but it is more like this washed red.

Also, Target had 5 of them on the shelves and EVERY SINGLE ONE had paint problems on the chest gold centerpiece.

Hopefully we'll see a repaint or a better Takara release.

Unlike Binaltech/Alternators, Generations/United, or Henkei/Classics, the movieverse figs sold by Takara and Hasbro come from the same factories with no differences in paint, and probably no improvements in QC--the only different is in the sticker on the box. I've bought both Takara and Hasbro movie figs, and I can't say there's any noticeable difference in QC at all.

The only exception so far is with HA Jazz, whose Takara version sports screen-accurate black hands, a black-tinted visor and clear headlights and windows as opposed to Hasbro's gold/bronze hands, blue visor, headlights and windows.

Edited by GU-11

Does anyone knows where can I get a buster prime for a reasonable price (around $150 shipped) ??

It seems the only place to find them is ebay, and they're going over $200.

Anyone has a spare one to sell? :)

I saw the huge (leader class?) Sentinel Prime at WalMart last night. Would have picked it up if not for it being $50.

They had a bunch of the smaller carded figures too. Was a TON of Bumblebees and Starscreams.

One thing I noticed that WalMart around here has never really been good at, all of the non DotM figures were gone. Every toy they had related to TF was that or Star Wars.

I wonder if they finally got/did a proper pull order?

leader sentinal prime has been $45 everywhere I've been, and they've had at least one of him everywhere so I'm not super worried about missing out on him. (I want it, but I don't feel like picking it up until I've gotten all the smaller figures I want.)

I was glad I decided to stop by walmart today because they're apparently the only store around that has any voyagers besides Optimus Prime. they had megatron, Ironhide and about a dozen skyhammers surprisingly. I only had enough cash for one so I grabbed megs and he's pretty awesome, I'm a little disappointed that I still haven't found a single Shockwave yet.

also finally found a crankcase, he's pretty cool too except that someone at Hasbro must have realized that the sculpt of the hand made it look like he's flipping you off because both of his middle fingers where cut off. :(

Edited by anime52k8

also finally found a crankcase, he's pretty cool too except that someone at Hasbro must have realized that the sculpt of the hand made it look like he's flipping you off because both of his middle fingers where cut off. :(

From what I heard, that is EXACTLY what happened. :wacko: Apparently, there was a recall because the figure was deemed offensive.

They can call a woman a "stupid b1tch" on film, though, that's OK. :rolleyes:

I got Shockwave off of Amazon -- he's still listed as TF:DOTM Mechtech Villain. :)

Great toy, not quite as G1 as Bludgeon was, but it's obviously Shockwave. The alt-mode is a solid brick, but who ever cared about Shockwave's alt-mode? ;)

Best, MyClone

Stopped at Target today, and I looked at their toys on a whim. They actually still have one column of peg hooks for Deluxe-class Generations (helpfully labeled something like Transformers Deluxe 2). They didn't have anything but a few Skullgrins and a solitary Cliffjumper, though.

Place was crawling with DotM figures, though. No Leaders, but they had several Voyager Prime, Megatron, and Ironhide, Deluxe Skids, Bumblebee, Topspin, Starscream and Ratchet, and some other assorted figures. They actually had one Deception... it was under the Human Alliance banner, but it wasn't bigger like the RotF ones, it was maybe a Scout class. Anyway, it was pretty cool. It was a snowmobile, but the bot mode sort of reminded me of Nightbird from the G1 cartoon.

EDIT: Checked online, the toy I'm thinking of is Sgt Chaos with Icepick.

Edited by mikeszekely

I got Shockwave off of Amazon -- he's still listed as TF:DOTM Mechtech Villain. :)

Great toy, not quite as G1 as Bludgeon was, but it's obviously Shockwave. The alt-mode is a solid brick, but who ever cared about Shockwave's alt-mode? ;)

Best, MyClone

hmm... I really don't want to be ordering DotM toys online if I can avoid it, but realistically it's only a dollar more than I'd pay after taxes and I can use my prime trial for free shipping... :unsure:

:edit:

we've got piles of leader bumblebee's here. leader sentinel prime isn't too hard to find either, no Ironhide yet though.

Edited by anime52k8

IMHO there will never be a really good Ultra Magnus unless it is designed from scratch to be UM, and only UM. Using Prime as a base brings in far too many limitations. (and makes the figure hideously more expensive and complex than it needs to be---nobody wants/like un-armored UM---make the figure like in the G1 animation---a car carrier, and a huge armored bot---no more, no less). Sure, it'd probably require the cab to be out-of-scale with Prime. But the figure as a whole would be SO much better for it. The cab would basically be a minimally-transformable truck cab with a giant UM head inside taking up the whole interior---really, that's all the cab did in the G1 figure--support the head.

For an Ultra Magnus, I think you can keep the cab about the same scale, but make the main rig part transform like the old Power Master Optimus Prime and just kind of fold up with the trailer forming the rest of the body and legs and what not (instead of being applique/armor)

I would like to see another take on Megatron as a "primitive" Galvatron (IOW modern-day self-propelled artillery piece), maybe using the exact same transforming that would go into Galvatron. I'll go back to dreaming now. :ph34r: