Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

that would be cool but IMO, that would not make sense. if the voice base hints at Convoy being Reborn, I dont think think the next masterpiece will be Super Ginrai. Convoy and Super Ginrai were two totally different characters.

Star Convoy would be Convoy Reborn. A Masterpiece Star Convoy would rock.

Rumor is that the next MP is a modernized take on G1 Prime even moreso than the MP-1 mold, whose design is nearly a decade old at this point. So to me, god ginrai is closer to that than Star Convoy

I haven't bought an MP since the original Prime, but I'd probably plunk down for a modernized version of him. That being said, something like Ginrai or Star Convoy would be a major pass for me. I've always thought the designs were majorly meh.

Modernized Prime or someone new and compelling enough to buy. While they are way to minor to probably ever warrant the MP treatment, a proper triple changing MP Springer would be instant buy for me, as would an MP Cyclonus, heck even Jazz (though less minor than the previous two) would be pretty cool.

When will Hasbro/Takara stop sucking at the teat of Optimus Prime? :angry: Yeesh, the first MP was a glorious toy that proved the idea of large-scale, absurdy detailed TF toys that would sell. Mission accomplished and spawning a whole new line of toys at the same time.

MP Starscream and Hot Rod both stand out as glorious updates that I regret not getting (something about eating coming first...). I'd love to see an MP-grade triple-changer, just to see how the engineering would work out. If not that, then Fortress Maximus. Anything but another goddamned Optimus Prime.

When will Hasbro/Takara stop sucking at the teat of Optimus Prime? :angry: Yeesh, the first MP was a glorious toy that proved the idea of large-scale, absurdy detailed TF toys that would sell. Mission accomplished and spawning a whole new line of toys at the same time.

MP Starscream and Hot Rod both stand out as glorious updates that I regret not getting (something about eating coming first...). I'd love to see an MP-grade triple-changer, just to see how the engineering would work out. If not that, then Fortress Maximus. Anything but another goddamned Optimus Prime.

What the Matrix is wrong with Prime?

_DSC5472.jpg

Looks like the new Generations figures are hitting more shelves. Just this week, I've seen 3 Kups and 2 Scourges in the San Francisco East Bay Area and this was the first week I actually went looking for stuff at retail in awhile. Target's a bit ridiculous with their close to $15 retail for deluxes but Walmart is still at $11.88.

Guest sh002

no universe prime in that group shot either? one of the best primes in my opinion.

no new generations in socal though. every report i read is from another part of california.

anyone going to botcon?

no universe prime in that group shot either? one of the best primes in my opinion.

no new generations in socal though. every report i read is from another part of california.

anyone going to botcon?

Yup, I havent found any of the new stuff yet. Its been nothing but BB and older waves.

I will be at botcon for sure. I was able to get the primus package. I wonder what the other figures will be this year.

IMO, ROTF leader class Prime was as perfect of a Bayverse Optimus as one could hope for. Hasbro could have [read: SHOULD HAVE] just retooled the existing leader class Prime with those new "abs" and added the trailer. Alas, they decided to simplify the transformation o the point where it looks almost nothing like the CG model. I guess they really meant it when they said they were trying to "bring Transformers back to the kids." Thing is, Bayverse designs are way too complex or that to work.

I've said it once and I'll say it again; for me, it's either the dual model kit or a possible retooled ROTF leader class Optimus with trailer that Takara might manufacture to sate its local toy collector market. Come to think of it, could this rumored "reborn Optimus" of the Masterpiece line be a DOTM leader class Prime for their Movie Masterpiece line?

IMO, ROTF leader class Prime was as perfect of a Bayverse Optimus as one could hope for. Hasbro could have [read: SHOULD HAVE] just retooled the existing leader class Prime with those new "abs" and added the trailer. Alas, they decided to simplify the transformation o the point where it looks almost nothing like the CG model. I guess they really meant it when they said they were trying to "bring Transformers back to the kids." Thing is, Bayverse designs are way too complex or that to work.

I've said it once and I'll say it again; for me, it's either the dual model kit or a possible retooled ROTF leader class Optimus with trailer that Takara might manufacture to sate its local toy collector market. Come to think of it, could this rumored "reborn Optimus" of the Masterpiece line be a DOTM leader class Prime for their Movie Masterpiece line?

Not sure if you saw this:

Clearer Picture Of Jetwing Optimus Prime

From what I understand the new Masterpiece Prime isn't movie, it's been described as a modernized G1.

Not sure if you saw this:

Clearer Picture Of Jetwing Optimus Prime

From what I understand the new Masterpiece Prime isn't movie, it's been described as a modernized G1.

In the words of the character himself: "Well that's just prime...."

So I guess they DID make a DOTM leader class retool of ROTF Prime...except it's the wrong color, and [from what I understand] a lucky draw/lottery prize.

Well, there's still hope. If Takara has any business sense, and I hope they do, they'll reuse this mold for a non-exclusive, color-accurate, retail version, because those dinky DOTM Prime figs Hasbro is selling just don't cut it for adult collectors [not me, at least.]

As for Masterpiece Prime, a modernized G1 is actually better than Bayverse, personally speaking. I passed on MP Hot Rod[imus] because I just didn't like him as a character, so hopefully, this eventual modern G1 Prime would prove to be a worthy purchase.

Edited by GU-11

Now this Shockwave I like B)) :

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/hearts-of-steel-shockwave-mastermind-creations-cyclops-custom-robot-mode-171883/

And some transformation videos of the upcoming IGear "MP" Coneheads

Like the new sliding mechanism on the legs.

In the words of the character himself: "Well that's just prime...."

So I guess they DID make a DOTM leader class retool of ROTF Prime...except it's the wrong color, and [from what I understand] a lucky draw/lottery prize.

Well, there's still hope. If Takara has any business sense, and I hope they do, they'll reuse this mold for a non-exclusive, color-accurate, retail version, because those dinky DOTM Prime figs Hasbro is selling just don't cut it for adult collectors [not me, at least.]

As for Masterpiece Prime, a modernized G1 is actually better than Bayverse, personally speaking. I passed on MP Hot Rod[imus] because I just didn't like him as a character, so hopefully, this eventual modern G1 Prime would prove to be a worthy purchase.

The one I linked is a prize, the truck mode of the regular one can be seen on the box, and was actually announced 1st, a few months back. Price is over $100 but understandable considering the size of the jetpack, and that Buster Prime in Japan was already close to if not over, $80.

The one I linked is a prize, the truck mode of the regular one can be seen on the box, and was actually announced 1st, a few months back. Price is over $100 but understandable considering the size of the jetpack, and that Buster Prime in Japan was already close to if not over, $80.

You just made my day, friend.

Finally, a DOTM fig worth waiting for. Like you said, $100 is not unreasonable, considering all the parts it comes with--chain-guns, jet wings and all. Definitely on my [currently pretty slim] list of DOTM figs to buy.

Yeesh, fanmade or not, I love how that not-ramjet looks. Depending on how high the production values are (materials and all that) I might have to get that one, just because I've always had a softspot for that particular conehead (and delta wing designs in general). He was the ONE actual name brand transformer I had as a kid (the 1993 edition).

So the local TRU decided to finally catch up to a month ago and got in some RtS and Generations toys, including a mess of battle in space packs. I really want the Cyclonus, but that Rodimus has me worried. realistically, what are the chances that I'll get a Rodimus that just explodes in my hands when I take him out of the box. :unsure:

Good thing I have the original release then. Lately been thinking about picking up the Protector Armor for it to help with my Rodimus Collection. I am only 3 or 4 including that armor toys away from a more or less completed collection. I am not though trying to get tons of repaints, or the WST stuff, mostly all the different versions of him from the various series.