Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

i think the classics/universe/genertations/rts line is one of the best tf lines of figures.

the old and the new. bring on hoist, trailbreaker, and skids, maybe the omnibots too.

Wow, I didnt realise how close I was to a complete set! Smokescreen, Inferno and Ratchet would give me a complete set, which is pretty cool!

That's Dirge. TC is the blue F-15 that should be showing up in stores any day now.

What stores are you shopping at? I still haven't seen Wreck-gar, Scourge, G2 Prime, Perceptor, or Kup. I technically haven't found Jazz, Blurr, or Tracks locally. I found Jazz and Tracks at a Kohl's near my parents' house, and Blurr at their Target.

What stores are you shopping at? I still haven't seen Wreck-gar, Scourge, G2 Prime, Perceptor, or Kup. I technically haven't found Jazz, Blurr, or Tracks locally. I found Jazz and Tracks at a Kohl's near my parents' house, and Blurr at their Target.

Well I said "should be", according to Hasbro they're a February release. ;)

My local stores are kind of a crap shoot. I found Wreck-Gar and Perceptor at Target two weeks ago. The Toys R Us across the street seems to be a little behind and has a mixture of the previous wave of figures. The local Wal Mart is even further behind and still has figures from before Christmas.

My Target and Tru has some pretty lame selections still, but the Target by my Girlfriend's house had multiple Jazz, Tracks, Perceptor, G2 Prime as well as the standard shelfwarmers. Needless to say I was a bit floored, but at least I've actually seen most/all of the current releases at retail at this point.

I like how my local TRS and Target are actually going BACKWARDS with releases. about a week or two ago TRS was mostly early wave 2010 stuff and a hand full of Generations toys, now it's ENTIRELY old ROTF releases. As for target, the few G2 primes and RTS bumblebee's they had have been replased by... War for Cybertron Megatron :wacko:

I like how my local TRS and Target are actually going BACKWARDS with releases. about a week or two ago TRS was mostly early wave 2010 stuff and a hand full of Generations toys, now it's ENTIRELY old ROTF releases. As for target, the few G2 primes and RTS bumblebee's they had have been replased by... War for Cybertron Megatron :wacko:

ha, same here and the targets got a bunch of Breachers back in stock. :lol:

I've seen quite a few of these figs at Target. The Wal Mart closest to my house had the rodimus cyclonus 2 pack several days ago. The Target that I see most of these figs also had several 2 packs, and Wreckgar, prime, the new Bumblebee, Jazz and perceptor.

Got my Masterpiece Hot Rod, life is complete. The fig is great, I haven't had any noticeable issues yet, but let me go knock on wood. Since I do have just about every Masterpiece but Magnus (since it's nothing more than a Prime repaint) i have had my time and experience with being delicate with them. I like the fig, is he worth the price point? Not really but hell it's my tax return so it's all good lol.

Got my Masterpiece Hot Rod, life is complete. The fig is great, I haven't had any noticeable issues yet, but let me go knock on wood.

Congrats, man. He's my favorite MP so far. One thing, though. The foot spring problem is inevitable. Best to do the fix even before transforming him. Once it happens, it's much more difficult to fix...if at all.

Good tips here

How do i do that? Also correction to my previous statement I do have all the seekers and while those too are repaints they are supposed to be, Magnus not so much. Thank God for Fans Project and their Magnus upgrade.

How do i do that?
You'll want to take the foot apart. One of the halves has a post with a spring wrapped around it. Remove the spring. Be careful not to change the shape or size of the spring. The idea is to reduce the diameter of that post so that the spring will spin on it with little to no resistance. Scraping the paint off the post sometimes does the trick. If not, then filing is required. Once the spring spins on the post to your satisfaction, reassemble the foot and you're good to go.

You'll want to take the foot apart. One of the halves has a post with a spring wrapped around it. Remove the spring. Be careful not to change the shape or size of the spring. The idea is to reduce the diameter of that post so that the spring will spin on it with little to no resistance. Scraping the paint off the post sometimes does the trick. If not, then filing is required. Once the spring spins on the post to your satisfaction, reassemble the foot and you're good to go.

And why do we want to do this mod?

While I don't own one (waiting for the US version) I have been reading all the fixes for it---and I think the idea of filing down the end of the spring may be quicker/better than messing with the post itself. It seems the end of the spring is sharp and catches the plastic easily (springs tend to have sharp edges, fact of life)--file it smooth and then it doesn't need to spin about the post, it'll just slip by.

they were Starscream , thundercracker, and?it was blck and i cant remember is name

Need the blue and the black.

opened Blurr and perceptor. i kind of like perceptor is a rescue threaded vechicle. I think his humanoid shape is spot on

they were Starscream , thundercracker, and?it was blck and i cant remember is name

Need the blue and the black.

opened Blurr and perceptor. i kind of like perceptor is a rescue threaded vechicle. I think his humanoid shape is spot on

Skywarp man! How can you forget Skywarp?!?

While I don't own one (waiting for the US version) I have been reading all the fixes for it---and I think the idea of filing down the end of the spring may be quicker/better than messing with the post itself. It seems the end of the spring is sharp and catches the plastic easily (springs tend to have sharp edges, fact of life)--file it smooth and then it doesn't need to spin about the post, it'll just slip by.

The feet are metal (perhaps the only metal on the figure). Smoothing the spring edges sounds like it might help. Not sure because there's a recess surrounding the post (like a tiny moat). The end of the spring tends to get stuck (I mean REALLY stuck) in the moat and, if the spring can't spin, it unravels as you move the foot. I say do both fixes. Better safe than sorry. Edited by RD Blade

I got a shipping notice from BBTS today for my set of Wheeljack, Thundercracker, Kup and Scourge. I'm really looking forward to having these in hand, especially Kup and Scourge, finally my Cyclonus and Hot Rod will have proper company.

I also ordered the United re-issued of Classics Megatron since I missed out on the mold originally, and as a result, Henkei Prime was ordered to. I figure I should have both leaders present. I still would really like to get a classics era Ramjet and Skywarp to fill out my conehead/seeker sets. Ramjet is doable, but people aren't exactly rushing to part out the 2 pack with Ultra Magnus and Skywarp, so I may just be SoL unless I can find a Henkei by itself.

Skywarp! thanks. I am more of a Macross nut, than a transformers nut :)

That excuse might hold for some of the more obscure Transformers like Octane, Punch/Counterpunch, or maybe even the Headmasters. But to forget Skywarp? One of the original Seekers? For shame! :D

That excuse might hold for some of the more obscure Transformers like Octane, Punch/Counterpunch, or maybe even the Headmasters. But to forget Skywarp? One of the original Seekers? For shame! :D

Lol, it is not an excuse. It is reallity. The dog didn't eat at my skywarp lol... The funny thnig is I got a huge skywarp mib from a sale at walmart for 30bucks. It is the size of my Mp starscream which. Is painted Navy military colors (fisrt ed I think) . I was late at work and I couldn't remember.

I am mising thunerccraker an skywrp from the classic's scale.

I am liking Blur for his huge head (what she said) and gun bolsters. He looks ready to tear some stuff up. Never got drift

trying to be loyal to gen 1.5ish

plus guns have a bit more range than swor

ds :)

Edited by vlenhoff

...which. Is painted Navy military colors (fisrt ed I think) . I was late at work and I couldn't remember.

That would be the first Takara version of MP Starscream. Supposedly Kawamori [who designed the MP Seeker mold as well as MP Convoy] wanted the colors to look more realistic, and therefore painted The Screamer up in pseudo military colors. Possibly due to collector demand, a more TV accurate G1 repaint of MP SS was released, using the Hasbro box. Unlike the earlier "Greenscream", it does not come with the booklet. By all accounts it's just like the Hasbro MP Starscream, except it uses the Takara SS mold, so its tailfins remain sharp and not blunted like the Hasbro mold.

So that means my "mp" walmart skywarp has blunted tail fins. I hope is made of strong plastic. Those tail fins look like a tragedy waiting to happen. I have both mp optimus and mini metal optimus with kawamoris face in the box. I just wish kawamori had resolved the rudder position better on the robot mode differently.

Edited by vlenhoff