Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

i think hasbro should repaint rts bumblebee red with a new head and then make a rerelease of cliffjumper. the original classics version had an ugly paint scheme and was hard to find.

Edited by sh002

Heads up for those in Northern CA: finally, mixed in with the wall of Mindwipes and Fallbacks, I found the next RTS wave at Target! I picked up a Wreck-Gar, Perceptor, and G2 Prime. They must've had a few assortment cases arrive since were a quite a few Bumblebees in there. Of slim pickings were Perceptor and Wreck-Gar.

yeah, found G2 prime last monday, no wreck-gar or perceptor though. I've yet to see a single RtS voyager yet. I really want to pick up Grapple, is he even out yet? for that matter, has anyone seen thundercracker/wheeljack yet?

i think hasbro should repaint rts bumblebee red with a new head and then make a rerelease of cliffjumper. the original classics version had an ugly paint scheme and was hard to find.

Yeah, it's weird how Classics BB got 5 or 6 repaints yet Cliffjumper never even got a Takara release.

No Grapple, not even Lugnut. Can't wait for Windcharger though.

Had Tracks and Jazz show up this past week and I'm pretty pleased. Jazz is probably my favorite of the line thus far. I'm not sure a better rendition of the character has ever existed. Tracks is pretty fun as well and both have some nice transformations.

One thing I have noticed as I've bought so much of this line is the varying levels of QC. Some of the paint apps on my G2 Prime are a touch iffy and I've noticed a lot of flash on some of the figures as well. For all the good things I can say about Jazz I had to disassemble his left leg to make sure I didn't break it the first time transforming him. Seems he was assembled a touch harshly in the factory and part of his leg was pushed beyond where it was supposed to be.

QC aside though, this line has really brought back my collectors spirit for these toys. I missed out on several of the classics, and now I feel compelled to hunt them down to round out my collection more.

i think if hasbro used night ops ratchet and painted him all black, removed the rails, replaced the hands and head, it would make an ok trailbreaker.

i think the classics/universe/genertations/rts line is one of the best tf lines of figures.

the old and the new. bring on hoist, trailbreaker, and skids, maybe the omnibots too.

post-2880-129832942343_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833098108_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833098712_thumb.jpg

post-2880-12983309953_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833100406_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833101063_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833101701_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833102483_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833103153_thumb.jpg

post-2880-12983310376_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833104581_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833105251_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833105947_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833106633_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833108016_thumb.jpg

post-2880-129833157178_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh002

DOTM Skyhammer's aesthetic doesn't look like it belongs with the other DOTM TFs. That would make only a total of three DOTM toys I'd be interested in buying.

not quite sold on this one yet. I do like that he has a kibble free alt mode, but I'm he's not very movie-ish. If he's actually IN the movie I might get him.

so far leader Sentinel prime, Megatron, Shockwave and Crankcase are all definite buys plus all human alliance basics. I might get at least one wrecker, and I kind of want ultimate prime. :p

Actually, I was looking at them and thinking that Fans Project seems to really go for the Pat Lee, ultra-chunky look lately.

And that's not a bad thing. I really enjoy their interpretation of the Rodimus Prime character over the MP version. Sure, the MP is a direct copy of the character, but FPs version just screams "bulky kick-ass leader", especially in robot mode. Robot-mode Rodimus is just Hot Rod stuck in a bench vice while FPs version is larger, bulkier, stronger-looking. He looks like a bot that could throw Galvatron out of Unicron's ass :)

And that's not a bad thing. I really enjoy their interpretation of the Rodimus Prime character over the MP version. Sure, the MP is a direct copy of the character, but FPs version just screams "bulky kick-ass leader", especially in robot mode. Robot-mode Rodimus is just Hot Rod stuck in a bench vice while FPs version is larger, bulkier, stronger-looking. He looks like a bot that could throw Galvatron out of Unicron's ass :)

Oh, I don't mind it on Rodimus. Heck, I don't mind it on Ultra Magnus. It just seems a little much on the Insecticons.

Model kits ahead? Note the prices.

1.jpg

I'd absolutely LOVE model kits of TFs; toys simply cannot do these designs justice due to their inherent complexity. Mind you, depending on the size, models would still be limited. Based on what I can decipher, if these are 1/35, then Prime would be roughly the same size as the Leader/Buster toy.