Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

One could only hope. I opted out of the original Buster Prime as I preferred the face mask shown and I didn't really want Jetfire to go with. I wonder if it'll be a standard re-release (with some possible tweaks) or if they'll do something like the Movie Masterpiece treatment for the mold. Either way, I'm quickly learning that, if funds allow, one should not pass up on good TF toys when they're new so I'll probably take advantage of a new Takara Prime.

I just saw something mentioned but it's one of those things that's impossible to get good search results for:

It seems that Takara-Tomy is going to re-release a ROTF Prime mold again? Will this be yet another Buster Prime or what? I missed out/waited too long and never got one, so if they're doing it again I'm very interested. (especially since I am so not impressed by DOTM Prime---dare we hope for an even better one in the future?)

Yeah the solicit showed the CGI image(I think) of Prime with his armor on from the movie. So I think this may be TakaraTomy's alternative to that DOTM Ultimate Optimus. The MSRP is ¥12,000, while Buster Prime was around $90+ shipped from Japan. So it very well may be Buster Prime retooled with add on Jetfire armor(only way more accurate this time).

Hmm...maybe that's why TakaraTomy canceled the Unite voyager Prime+Jetfire armor.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/toy-fair-2011-coverage-videos-of-prime-and-dotm-toys-and-more/20806/

Leader Sentinel looks better in the Seibertron videos but I can't get past the giant boobs/chest and the idea that it will have a lot of vehicle shell pieces hanging in the back.

And is that a "Level 2" transformation for Leader BB on his box? That must be an error or something. Come on, aren't the Leader toys the ones with the more complex transformations?

Iron Hide looks cool but I would have liked a Decepticon.

So far no mustbuy for me (which actually is good, I want to cut my spending). ROTF Leader Prime is still king.

Edited by Twoducks

Im probably getting only leader Sentinel Prime and Ironhide...

Also, I have no movie bumblebees AT ALL. Wich one you guys thing is the best bee out there? HA? Ultimate? the new leader that is coming out?

For my money, it's Battle Ops. Haven't seen enough of the new one to say which is definitively best, though.

Im probably getting only leader Sentinel Prime and Ironhide...

Also, I have no movie bumblebees AT ALL. Which one you guys thing is the best bee out there? HA? Ultimate? the new leader that is coming out?

Until the new Leader Class figure comes out, the definitive Bumblebee is the Deluxe Battle Blade figure from the Hunt for the Decepticons line, followed by the ROTF Human Alliance figure and the Deluxe Camaro Concept figure from the first movie toy line.

newbumblebee01.jpg

2007 Transformers Deluxe Class Bumblebee (Camaro Concept) (left) and 2010 Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Class Battle Blade Bumblebee (right)

Edited by areaseven

The wave with Thundercracker and Wheeljack is announced for 'Febuary'. Unreleased so far.

Thanks Tober, very nice of you. I Live in Houston and occasionally one is able to get them from 3rd Planet. This is a store near Kirby Rd, which is near downtown houston. But they overprice the heck out of these things

Ohhh why coulndt it be Lancia StRAtos.. :

Thanks Tober, very nice of you. I Live in Houston and occasionally one is able to get them from 3rd Planet. This is a store near Kirby Rd, which is near downtown houston. But they overprice the heck out of these things

Ohhh why coulndt it be Lancia StRAtos.. :

With the crappy distribution around here, I'm probably going to just bite the bullet and order this from BBTS. Yeah, they're marked up, but at least BBTS has good customer service. I once ordered Alternator Tracks from them and they sent me Ravage by mistake. I emailed them about it and they sent me Tracks and told me to just keep Ravage. :)

I wish Wheeljack looked more like a Stratos, too. Lately it seems that Hasbro has been making their own car designs so they don't have to pay for licensing from various auto companies.

I posted that like, 10 posts ago--it's still on this page.

Anyways---seems Takara's next 2 "Masterpiece Movie" figs will be Leader Sentinel Prime and Ironhide. Hmmmn. Price vs paint will certainly be a figure for which version to buy.

With the crappy distribution around here, I'm probably going to just bite the bullet and order this from BBTS. Yeah, they're marked up, but at least BBTS has good customer service. I once ordered Alternator Tracks from them and they sent me Ravage by mistake. I emailed them about it and they sent me Tracks and told me to just keep Ravage. :)

I wish Wheeljack looked more like a Stratos, too. Lately it seems that Hasbro has been making their own car designs so they don't have to pay for licensing from various auto companies.

licensing, exactly. Not the case with the binaltech/alternators stuff :( And, WTH was with that Optimus/skyline model? a different scale? why? I still got one for kicks. Nice little toy

At least i was able to get my subarus and most of the others. ANd yes, I've ordered from BBTS before and they are always a blast. Sergeant Kup is growing on me, i might get him too

licensing, exactly. Not the case with the binaltech/alternators stuff :( And, WTH was with that Optimus/skyline model? a different scale? why? I still got one for kicks. Nice little toy

At least i was able to get my subarus and most of the others.

skyline Optimus prime is from the Alternity line. binaltech/alternators sold poorly in japan and the US relative to there high manufacturing/licensing costs so the lines where scrapped. In Japan they decided to shrink the cars from 1:24th scale to 1:32nd scale to cut costs and switched to exclusively licensing Japanese domestic cars. They also got some really crazy pack-in fiction. ^_^

Found Wreck-Gar and Perceptor today.

Perceptor's transformation made me feel like I was going to break him several times, but everything has tabs and seems to lock together nicely.

Wreck-Gar looks great but takes a fair amount of cussin' to get back in motorcycle mode. <_<

Dare to be stupid! :lol:

5445657791_47ddb53f4d_b.jpg

Just got MP Rodimus yesterday and it's a damn sweet toy.

I spent a few hours last nite learning how to transform it and all the playability features it has. Pretty amazing engineering to get the toy to transform the way it does and look great in all modes.

Careful with the feet though when you transform it into car mode. The joints can get pretty tight and you have to position them correctly to get it fit right. I accidentally pushed the ratchet joint TOO far past nub that was supposed to prevent it from going into the foot. I couldn't pull it out and almost put too much pressure and was scared of snapping it off. I had to unscrew it just in case to move it back.

This was probably just my own ignorance since i couldn't get the legs to sit flush in car mode, but after i figured it out, i loved it! Too bad that couldn't make a better looking interior for the car.

Other big gripe is the hands SUCK and can't really hold the guns. The wrist joints are loose and they're pretty crappy overall. But overall, GREAT toy

While waiting for my sister-in-law to finish her day surgery, I took a whim of a trip to a non-local TRU and found the Cyclonus vs Hot Rod two-pack. Yay! I've been looking for this for almost a year now, since FansProject announced their Protector upgrade.

First thoughts? Twist-tie hell! I haven't bought a TF since the very first Alternator came out all those many moons ago. Snip snip sn-AUUGH *grabs and yanks* Ow! Grrrrrr.

Second thoughts? Holy crap, these joints are tight. The tabs seem to be slightly out of place, making me force the parts into place, but when they click in, they're nice and tight.

Also? Hot Rod's windows are opaque. Yuck!

damn scalpers. they usually get all the figures and then they go straight to places like ebay. the prices have to marked so high to cover their ebay and paypal fees that the figures probably don't even sell. why not just leave them on the shelves and let people who are actually going to open them or appreciate them buy them?

damn scalpers. they usually get all the figures and then they go straight to places like ebay. the prices have to marked so high to cover their ebay and paypal fees that the figures probably don't even sell. why not just leave them on the shelves and let people who are actually going to open them or appreciate them buy them?

Yeah I feel the same way. That's partially to blame for why it takes me so long to find figs around here. I saw a couple of the basement-dwellers picking through the shelves one day at Target. <_<

Skyline Optimus prime is from the Alternity line. binaltech/alternators sold poorly in japan and the US relative to there high manufacturing/licensing costs so the lines where scrapped. In Japan they decided to shrink the cars from 1:24th scale to 1:32nd scale to cut costs and switched to exclusively licensing Japanese domestic cars. They also got some really crazy pack-in fiction. ^_^

1/32 scale, thar's sort of what I thought. Thanks for the info anime52k8. I got a couple of binaltechs myself, and yes, by that I mean just two =). I am sort of afraid to scratch the paint on these 2 rides. I just Got blue tracks and My beloved world rally blue 2004-2005 Subaru Impreza WRX(the one with the small wing). I don't even know its name but it is the same mold as Silverstreak, only in wrb color. I drive a newer scooby, and for some silly reason I really dig the toy as its predecessor rally toy. Too bad mine wont transform... must be mad at me or something ;p I love that strong front end of the car (Jazz style) type of transformation.

Guys, what i don't get is why does the Cyclonus/Rodimus 2pack is called the Cyclonus/Rodimus 2pack. Isn't that a HotRod/Cyclonus 2pack? I went to Target stores this morning, and I nearly stuffed my whole face in the package attempting to see if there were any differences from the hotrod I own, and the one at the store. Bi standers may have thought i must have been blind or something. Hotrod looks the same except for it's chest's flame paint scheme. There was a "holly" Matrix included in this package. Does that mean, it fits inside Cyclonus? lol. Ok, ok would it fit inside hotrod's chest? Since i own the older Hotrod version, I passed on this 2pck. PLus, I've never been a huge fan of cyclonus. I like him, mostly in human form. I am more interested in completing the G1 versions. I noticed bbts called the Jap versions of the classics "TF UNITED". So, they are united? not classics?. Their price doubles the value of their american counterparts. I wish I knew why the mark up in price? Does anyone know? maybe better made? better materials? Does it makes you coffee in the morning? or does it pick up the paper on the front yard when it is cold outside? Does it tie your shoes or talks to you on the way to work? kk I'll stop.

BTw, has anyone noticed how the classic/united/ridiculous name changing idiocy Jazz has unpainted tail lights and how massively huge he is compared to the rest of the line? I think Optimus Jazzes in his trousers when I place Jazz next to him. =P I so want to get Optimus a trailer. He looks so tiny and incomplete now :( I think Classics/united Tracks is sort of enormous as well. Dont get me wrong i like them both. Too bad they massacred Track's once beautiful fighter/flying mode. We can't win them all I guess :(

Oh, and I saw this two pack Cyclonus/Rodimus at a Target store on Westheimer & Eldridge Rd, Houston. It was today feb 15th for IndianaJoners outhere.

Edited by vlenhoff

Guys, what i don't get is why does the Cyclonus/Rodimus 2pack is called the Cyclonus/Rodimus 2pack. Isn't that a HotRod/Cyclonus 2pack?

Probably because the name HotRod is already licensed to another company. Rodimus is what the original Classics packaging called this figure.

The TakaraTomy 'United' line has more consistent plastic/paint coloring and a higher level of detailing generally. It varies from being barely noticeable to completely different (eg 'United' Tracks has metallic paint and the G1 flame whereas the Hasbro 'Reveal the Shield' Turbo Tracks has blue plastic and the tribal tattoo flame decal).

The USA and Japanese markets vary in demographics. Hasbros TFs are aimed primarily at children from 5 to 12, whereas TakaraTomy aims more towards older collectors who will pay more for additional detail. Stores like BBTS have to pay additional import fees to bring the Takata product into the USA. The price of a deluxe in Japan is about 1800 to 2300 yen (about $20 to $26). Down here in Australia a Hasbro deluxe retails for about $25 to $35, 3 to 4 times what the US market charges, due largely to import fees - so allot of the time it can be just as expensive to import the TT version from Japan.

I noticed bbts called the Jap versions of the classics "TF UNITED". So, they are united? not classics?. Their price doubles the value of their american counterparts. I wish I knew why the mark up in price? Does anyone know? maybe better made? better materials? Does it makes you coffee in the morning? or does it pick up the paper on the front yard when it is cold outside? Does it tie your shoes or talks to you on the way to work? kk I'll stop.

Transformers United is the Japanese equivalent of the North American Generations/Transformers 2010 lines. Classics btw, ended in '07 when it became Universe before becoming Generations; in japan Classics/Universe were released as Henkei!Henkei!. The Japanese releases are generally the same molds as NA releases but with additional paint-apps and/or vac-crome. As tober said, a big chunk of the high mark up prices is the cost of importing them from japan.

BTw, has anyone noticed how the classic/united/ridiculous name changing idiocy Jazz has unpainted tail lights and how massively huge he is compared to the rest of the line? I think Optimus Jazzes in his trousers when I place Jazz next to him. =P I so want to get Optimus a trailer. He looks so tiny and incomplete now :( I think Classics/united Tracks is sort of enormous as well. Dont get me wrong i like them both. Too bad they massacred Track's once beautiful fighter/flying mode. We can't win them all I guess :(

yeah, the Universe/Generations figures are sized will with each other, but are noticeably larger than the older classics figures.

and if You really want a prime trailer http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/791/

I agree with most of the responses above. Thanks Guys, you're so nice.

lol Dangard Ace, I had no Idea my Hotrod changed names without me noticing.(wow, that sounds awful) Plus I think my "Rodimus" looks nicer than the 2pack version <-----(sounds like rap)

anime52k8 & Tober, I feel like getting the Jap/United Tracks now. Or at least Optimus, but I don't know if he applies to this Jap is better rule. United Jazz should be nice too.

I have a car addiction already... Not much money to dedicate to the United. Classics will have to do for now xD Btw I got Blurr today. It reminds me of the Noble M600 a recent Brit super car. If you guys watch UK Top Gear, a funny brit car show(not to be confused with US top gear)(...which I also watch :(:) . Jeremy Clarkson reviews a sky/metallic blue Noble M600 and it kicks bootey. You may notice the similarities in the design between Blurr and the M600. I think I already have another Blurr, but he is skinny and may be from the animated series I never watched. I think he was a bit to skinny.(have you ever noticed Blurr sounds like Blue?) I must confess, the size of the gun matters :) and the gun storage in the side bolsters is a nice touch, and prob the reason I got this figure.

WARNING: UK Top Gear may be highly addictive XD

I know Blurr/classics is a retool from "drift" but i am not getting that one.

lol Dangard Ace, I had no Idea my Hotrod changed names without me noticing.(wow, that sounds awful) Plus I think my "Rodimus" looks nicer than the 2pack version <-----(sounds like rap)

anime52k8 & Tober, I feel like getting the Jap/United Tracks now. Or at least Optimus, but I don't know if he applies to this Jap is better rule. United Jazz should be nice too.

I have a car addiction already... Not much money to dedicate to the United. Classics will have to do for now xD Btw I got Blurr today. It reminds me of the Noble M600 a recent Brit super car. If you guys watch UK Top Gear, a funny brit car show(not to be confused with US top gear)(...which I also watch :(:) . Jeremy Clarkson reviews a sky/metallic blue Noble M600 and it kicks bootey. You may notice the similarities in the design between Blurr and the M600. I think I already have another Blurr, but he is skinny and may be from the animated series I never watched. I think he was a bit to skinny.(have you ever noticed Blurr sounds like Blue?) I must confess, the size of the gun matters :) and the gun storage in the side bolsters is a nice touch, and prob the reason I got this figure.

I know Blurr/classics is a retool from "drift" but i am not getting that one.

I have a car addiction already... Not much money to dedicate to the United. Classics or Generations ***pick a name Hasbro/Takara :angry: *** will have to do for now xD Btw I got Blurr today. It reminds me of the Noble M600 a recent Brit super car. If you guys watch UK Top Gear, a funny brit car show(not to be confused with US top gear)(...which I also watch :(:) . Jeremy Clarkson reviews a sky/metallic blue Noble M600 and it kicks bootey. You may notice the similarities in the design between Blurr and the M600. I think I already have another Blurr, but he is skinny and may be from the animated series I never watched. I think he was a bit to skinny.(have you ever noticed Blurr sounds like Blue?) I must confess, the size of the gun matters :) and the gun storage in the side bolsters is a nice touch, and prob the reason I got this figure.

I know Blurr/classics/generations is a retool from "drift" but i am not getting that one. I dont like extravagant paint jobs like that. I swear, Blurr is bortherline with that paint scheme ;)

Edited by vlenhoff

I thought the Drift / Blurr car was based on a Toyota Supra.

Hmmm, I have to take Blurr out of my trunk :) You might be right, but I didn't get that "Supra"impression at first. I have to get a good look at it when I play with it. I do like white a lot, but I am not getting Drift. I am trully enjoying this TF line. But I am afraid it is close to the end :(

I imagine they will come up with something else again in the future.

Edited by vlenhoff

perceptor should have been a tank like in the g1 instructions. he probably would have looked a little better in robot mode. he could have had an unofficial microscope mode too.

Heads up for those in Northern CA: finally, mixed in with the wall of Mindwipes and Fallbacks, I found the next RTS wave at Target! I picked up a Wreck-Gar, Perceptor, and G2 Prime. They must've had a few assortment cases arrive since were a quite a few Bumblebees in there. Of slim pickings were Perceptor and Wreck-Gar.

BTW, I was disappointed to learn that the future store listings for an Arcee figure is for TF Prime, not Generations. It looks good, but G1 Arcee still doesn't have an official HasTak toy.