Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

I've never seen any of his reviews before. When it comes to TFs i mainly stick with Peaugh

Peaugh is pretty much the standard of TF video reviews. Another great reviewer to watch is Optibotimus. Vangelus is also good, but sometimes, he really doesn't know the background of the toys he's reviewing.

People often watch Robotadventures' videos mainly because he is stationed in Japan (much like rrobbert184 for Gundam reviews), so he usually gets the newest Japanese TFs before the other guys do.

Behold: BANANA MODE!! post-1318-129646789778_thumb.jpg

OK, I figured it out now: turns out I was being too careful with my overly-expensive hunk of plastic. I had to use a lot more strength when collapsing the elbow joints fully. Now it's OK... but the wheels often do not touch the ground (in fact, NEVER when in truck mode) because of that groin plate.

post-1318-129646785664_thumb.jpg

post-1318-129646785777_thumb.jpg

post-1318-129646785873_thumb.jpg

post-1318-129646785966_thumb.jpg

Peaugh is pretty much the standard of TF video reviews. Another great reviewer to watch is Optibotimus. Vangelus is also good, but sometimes, he really doesn't know the background of the toys he's reviewing.

People often watch Robotadventures' videos mainly because he is stationed in Japan (much like rrobbert184 for Gundam reviews), so he usually gets the newest Japanese TFs before the other guys do.

Personally I like Vangelus' videos because they're much better shot and edited than bulk of toy reviews on Youtube, also I find them pretty funny. Peaugh is pretty much the go-to guy for informative TF reviews but he can be a bit boring.

Online Masterpiece Rodimus review

http://www.youtube.com/user/robotadventures#p/u

BE WARNED THIS GUY'S LANGAUGE IS DIFFINATELY COLORFUL

Wow, you can say that again! And his second video has even more.

Don't know if we are still in the "panic mode" part of the life cycle of a new release but getting discouraged to get MP Rodi from what I'm reading on TF2005. And I'm one of those people that gets frustrated with "everything must align PERFECTLY!!!" transformations so this thing doesn't sound like a toy for me.

I didn't realize that the trailer actually had major parts required to make the space winibago. So If the american release isn't going to have the Trailer, I take it it's only going to be a Hot Rod release then? What about the Rodimus Robot parts?? Kind of confused. :blink:

Chris

The trailer really doesn't have much other than the cannons, and the storage for weapons. The transformation into Rodimus from Hot Rod is like a two step transformation, mainly lowering the legs, changing the face, and slightly adjusting the wings on the back. Ok 3 step process. As far as Alt mode, the trailer is all Prime but not that there's really that much to him. I still don't care I want one!!!!!

Behold: BANANA MODE!!

OK, I figured it out now: turns out I was being too careful with my overly-expensive hunk of plastic. I had to use a lot more strength when collapsing the elbow joints fully. Now it's OK... but the wheels often do not touch the ground (in fact, NEVER when in truck mode) because of that groin plate.

Wow - that was pretty awful, glad you were able to get everything into place. I would have been agitated to if that's what I saw instead of a proper vehicle mode.

Sucks about the wheels, clearances and the overall need to be perfect when transforming him.

Early feedback would almost make you lean towards avoiding him unless you're a fan of the character (which I am).

-b.

Glad I decided not to buy it. Was never a Hot Rod[imus] fan in the first place. I was thinking about buying him to go with a possible Galvatron they'd inevitably release in the future, but the whole non-integrated camper mode thing really put me off.

Back in the 80s, Optimus Prime was a truck with a detachable trailer, and the trailer turned into a robot. MP Prime is like the original, but bigger and with a more complicated transformation that leaves him looking a lot more like he did in the cartoon and with much better articulation.

Like Prime, Rodimus had a detachable trailer. And like Prime, his original toy needed a lot of work to be animation-accurate and articulated... and MP Rodimus nails it. So I don't get the complaints about the trailer not being integrated. I'm disappointed to hear that Rodimus' crotch keeps the wheels from rolling on the ground, but I think that space winnebago mode not only looks fine, it looks better than Hot Rod's car mode.

So yeah, it's a bummer that the Hasbro version isn't going to come with a trailer, but I get that they want to keep the costs down. And as much as I want the trailer, I'm not willing to spend $200 on the Japanese version. So... I guess I'll wait for Galvatron? I don't know.

Back in the 80s, Optimus Prime was a truck with a detachable trailer, and the trailer turned into a robot. MP Prime is like the original, but bigger and with a more complicated transformation that leaves him looking a lot more like he did in the cartoon and with much better articulation.

Like Prime, Rodimus had a detachable trailer. And like Prime, his original toy needed a lot of work to be animation-accurate and articulated... and MP Rodimus nails it. So I don't get the complaints about the trailer not being integrated.

I do agree that MP Hot Rod is a well-made representation of the 80's animation.

I guess the reason I'm disappointed about the non-integrated trailer is because IIRC, the animated TV show back then showed Rodimus transforming from alt mode to bot mode with the trailer integrated, instead of rolling away off-screen like Optimus' does. I could accept OP's "disappearing" trailer because it was shown as such in the show.

When I first heard that Takara planned to design a Hot Rod that could be "morphed" into a fully transformable Rodimus Prime, I thought they meant he could transform with the integrated camper parts and all, and I was really curious to see how they could pull it off. Turns out they couldn't...at least, not in the way I expected.

BTW, G1 OP's trailer didn't so much transform as convert into a headquarters with Roller inside. The trailer that DID transform was Ultra Magnus.

Edited by GU-11

...my plan is to buy the Takara version within the month. Of all the wishes, or could have/should haves that are floating around I personally wish they would have included two little Daniel figures from TF:TM, one on his hover-board and another in his Exo-Suit. B))

PS - thanks to all that have posted pics

-b.

Just love this pic ;)

Posted by Keeve from SGcollect.com forums

:lol: :lol: :lol: Should've added Ultra Magnus in the pic so it would be Boondock Saints-style.

"And shepherds we shall be

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spirtus Sancti."

As much as I'm bummed with the release, I do love this pic:

http://blog-imgs-32.fc2.com/h/i/g/higekumatoytoy/20110128035354103.jpg

A photo review

[url=]http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-1002.html

[url=]http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-1004.html

[url=]http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-1005.html[/url]

And the winebago could almost be displayed alone next to the robot like if you had two MP-Rodimus. I mean, it's just mising the front weels and a bit of the hood; a little creative positioning in a display case and you wouldn't notice it is empty.

I like Robotadverntures because he's pretty salty and random. Vangelus is very entertaining and his special effects are good, meanwhile his reviews are very informative with good image resolution. Peaugh is very informative too.

Need to see more reviews on Rodimus...

I like Robotadverntures because he's pretty salty and random. Vangelus is very entertaining and his special effects are good, meanwhile his reviews are very informative with good image resolution. Peaugh is very informative too.

Need to see more reviews on Rodimus...

The only Vangelus review I've seen so far was his Fansproject Protector upgrade. I found his over-acting to be graiting and too narmy for my taste, but his 4th wall-breaking subtitles more than made up for it. Several times I had to pause the review because I was eye-rolling too hard or laughing too hard :D

I'm loving the MP Rodimus pics in this thread! Keep it up, guys!

Got this guy in today, and I can't stop taking pics of him. He may not be for everybody, but for this Rodimus fanboy he's tops!

...then again, I haven't attempted vehicle modes yet... :unsure:

5411166143_397f2b1838_b.jpg

5411778892_8e7477d0f0_b.jpg

5411168529_8d791e739d_b.jpg

5411168891_e52b9fd0e5_b.jpg

"I am sick and tired of being responsible for the welfare of the entire universe and its outlying suburbs!"

5411818562_716303be8c_b.jpg

"What's that darn fool doing?"

5411818216_c36838d56e_b.jpg

5411817790_805d7b6798_b.jpg

5411779612_bf72f022c8_b.jpg

"Why do I keep seeing you in my dreams, Optimus? Are you trying to tell me I'm not the leader you were? I already know that."

151_modified_crasis.jpg

"NOBODY is innocent!"

Rodimus Prime is my second-favourite character in the whole franchise. I never really understood the hate-on most of the fandom has for him, and I especially liked the implications his existance has for the rest of the transformers: that their great leaders, the Primes, all had humble beginnings and brought those beginnings with them: Optimus was a cautious, careful leader while Rodiums was rather more gung-ho because of his Hot Rod-origins.

And is it wrong that I think this much about a cartoon? :unsure:B))

Rodimus Prime is my second-favourite character in the whole franchise. I never really understood the hate-on most of the fandom has for him, and I especially liked the implications his existance has for the rest of the transformers: that their great leaders, the Primes, all had humble beginnings and brought those beginnings with them: Optimus was a cautious, careful leader while Rodiums was rather more gung-ho because of his Hot Rod-origins.

And is it wrong that I think this much about a cartoon? :unsure:B))

He KILLED PRIME. Might as well print a decepticon symbol on him. l'm surprised Megatron/Galvatron just didn't give him the decepticons highest medal of honor after that. :p

nice pics. now i want takara to make a mp arcee and them or some company to make mp ultra magnus armor that would look good in both modes.

no one has a pic of hot rod pulling grimlock?