Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Need Wheeljack or could you possibly use Thundercracker?

Generations 2011 Wave 3

Generations 2011 Series 03 - Case of 8 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Wheeljack and Thundercracker singles below.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19800&mode=retail&picture=aux1

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19799&mode=retail&picture=aux1

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Need Wheeljack or could you possibly use Thundercracker?

Generations 2011 Wave 3

Generations 2011 Series 03 - Case of 8 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Wheeljack and Thundercracker singles below.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19800&mode=retail&picture=aux1

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19799&mode=retail&picture=aux1

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks, again! :D

ok so the following hasn't been spotted yet right? grapple, windcharger, wreck gar, wheeljack, perceptor, kup, rumble and frenzy, scourge, power core combiners dinobots and constructicons. i hope the dinobots and constructicons are shelf warmers like the other combiners. i hate when you can't find anything in stores. maybe grapple and perceptor will be shelf warmers when they come out too.

it would be cool if they repainted the classics bumblebee rerelease as cliffjumper again. the original classics cliffjumper is so hard to find.

Edited by sh002

Ooooh. Personally I like the "re-imagined" markings of the seekers, rather than the slavisly-G1-esque ones. Lately Hasbro seems to be going for "pure G1"--first Dirge, now TC.

I often feel I'm one of the few who likes classic Skywarp's scheme. (Ramjet was just wrong though, where's the silver and teal stripes on the wings? He should NOT have gold striping anywhere)

I thought maybe the holiday rush had ending (it hadn't) and that it might be a good time to hunt for Transformers again. I lucked out and found a solitary Dirge at Toys R Us (they also had Cybertronian Cliffjumper and tons of Skullgrins). Burlington Coat Factory had a surprising number of TFs, too, including Darkmount, Soundwave, and Red Alert, but I wasn't looking for them. I think the only TFs that I know people have found that I haven't yet are Jazz and Tracks... has anyone seen Blurr yet? I would like to get him, too.

Blurr is the only recent TF I haven't seen anywhere.

Yesterday I found the Cyclonus/Hot Rod 2-pack. While I love the deco on both, they both suffer from various QC problems. Cyclonus had one shoulder not fully snapped together, which caused the wing to not fold properly (easily fixed). On his other shoulder they used a screw that was too big for the swing bar and it keeps the part from staying on (not so easily fixed, surgery pending).

Hot Rod is perfect...except for the long streak of yellow paint right on the front of his windshield. Normally that wouldn't bother me and I'd just grab the rubbing alcohol but since it's paint on top of paint... *sigh* Other than that he's great and oddly his side panels line up much better than they do on the original one I have.

The comic book is fun, especially the typos. In one panel Kup calls Tracks "Warpath" and in a later panel he calls Tracks "Lugnut". Or maybe that was intentional, like a grandfather cycling through his grandkids names until he gets the right one. :D

Edited by eriku

well, heads up, guys.

Just got back from the local wally's and the deluxe-TF pricing (ROTF, WFC/Generations) are back up at $11.88 again over there. There were one of each of these: Megs, Dirge, and Soundwave, while bunches of Skullgrin and Thunderwing are shelfwarming with the usual ROTF-crap.

The local Target has Cliffy (wfc) for $9.99 and Skullgrin still shelfwarming at $9.04 alongside ROTF-crap at $9. I also have not seen any of the RTS line at the local Target since getting Jazz a few weeks ago.

fwiw, i just saw a new walgreens down here, but am too tired to visit to check on inventory and pricing there. maybe tomorrow.

Got the Battle in Space two pack this evening as well. My first experience with these molds, so I was really looking forward to it. Rodimus is nice, but not as nice as the Generations Red Alert I picked up the day before; he's kinda short and the articulation in his arms is pretty limited. Cyclonus on the other hand is wonderful! His robot mode in particular is just gorgeous, with wonderfully effective light piping.

Definitely be sure to study the figures in their boxes very carefully though, almost all the sets in the store had very obvious stress marks on Rodimus' arms. I cherry picked the best one, but had to put up with a very crooked rub sign on Rodimus (some time with a hair dryer fixed that, though).

011vf.jpg

Nothing more than rumors, though tradition has that each new MP gives a hint hidden in the manual---so when Rodimus comes out, we should have a good idea. My money's on Galvatron.

Can it be Shockwave? I want it to be Shockwave. PLEASE LET IT BE SHOCKWAVE. :ph34r:

Galvatron would be kind of way too easy to do. Then again, it would make perfect sense, since Rodimus needs an antagonist.

Technically, Grimlock already has an antagonist - the Seekers. He likes chewing on their wings :-)

Pete

I'm guessing Galvatron will be next. Can't say I'd be particularly excited for a MP Galvatron or Shockwave but it'll at least be interesting to see the designs they come up with for their alt modes.

Just picked up War for Cybertron Optimus Prime, and boy am I glad I did!

The transformations is one of the most complicated of any transformer I've ever owned.

The bot mode and alt mode are spot on to the videogame.

I love the difference between the bot mode's hard angles and small parts to the alt mode's smooth lines and large panels.

Just picked up War for Cybertron Optimus Prime, and boy am I glad I did!

The transformations is one of the most complicated of any transformer I've ever owned.

The bot mode and alt mode are spot on to the videogame.

I love the difference between the bot mode's hard angles and small parts to the alt mode's smooth lines and large panels.

He is MUCH easier to transform than WFC Bumblebee...which is a PITA but looks awesome in both modes.

Cross fingers the Arcee we are getting kicks ass, same for Warpath and Starscream:

Generations Arcee And Warpath Listed

Haters_Gonna_Hate_21.jpg

Whatever. It's far from his worst song, and I'll give the dude credit for recording the kind of music that made him famous- 80s hair metal- long after most hair bands retired or sold out and started recording music that alienates older fans while failing to attract new ones. If he's happy, and his fans are happy, more power to him.