Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Any Macross trans-fans here that has second run PP01 Faith Leader?

The size/scale really appeals to me, but I'm not the most informed when it comes to Transformers.

So maybe someone can answer following questions

- How is the general fit of things?

- Is it durable or fragile?

- What materials are used?

- Does it improve on the first run PP01? If so, what was improved?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

PS: PP01 has no Autobot insignias, where does one buy aftermarket stickers?

I have the original release PP01, he's a fine figure. Alt mode fits in with the rest of the classics - his bot mode however towers over the like of Hotrod and Hound, but it's not too huge... But next to Henkei Megatron, he's a little big.

Mine fits together pretty well, joints are all tight and it feels more durable than fragile if I had to pick - not as robust as the classics, I certainly wouldn't hand it to my 11yo nephew for a play. Most definitely a kick-ass poseable figure for display. I think the type of plastic used lends to this - it's not bad, I wished they would have used something a little more... not cheapish looking/feeling? Don't get me wrong - once in hand this is a mighty figure! From what little I skimmed over the updates (once u buy a product from them, they put you on a mailing list and facebook) there have been improvements over the first one, mainly the pegs to hold it together in vehicle mode and something about the arms/elbow - iirc.

EDIT - Forgot to mention the optional hands (with individual articulating fingers) tht came with mine were sooooo loose and a few of the finger bits kept falling off or were just too floppy - just stuck with the regular hands it came with, no biggie. The extra head it came with and display base now proudly is blu-tacked on top of my monitor, lol.

Edited by Kurisama

I picked up Tomahawk yesterday. He's pretty fun, and decently poseable. Helicopter mode would look a lot better if they hadn't used the chicken leg design.

They also had the orange X-30 style jet. (I can't be arsed to look up his name right now) I decided to skip it and wait to see if they release a repaint that isn't ORANGE. <_<

They also had the orange X-30 style jet. (I can't be arsed to look up his name right now) I decided to skip it and wait to see if they release a repaint that isn't ORANGE. <_<

That's Terradive. Awesome sculpt, fun transformation, surprisingly thin alt mode, and one of the most eye-searingly awful color schemes I've ever seen. Every other TF has had relatively sane colors lately, but they went all crazy with this one. As soon as a repaint comes along I'm going to bury this one where it can never be seen again. :lol:

::EDIT::

...says the guy with a pink Konig Monster as his avatar. :wacko:

Edited by eriku

Well, I saw and bought Megs (wfc) at Wally's today. $9!

That Wally's also (surprisingly) got a couple of Darkmounts and both Terradive and Tomahawk. All of which I passed on.

As such, Blurr, Megs(wfc), Dirge, Soundwave(wfc), and Red Alert are all available in Fry's retail for $12.99 each. I'm gun-shy with the pricing, so I'm gonna check the other Wally's here for them instead.

I could see that head being Depth Charge. I really like the idea of a Space Case repaint, though... I always enjoy having more Decepticons, and it'd be worth it to have a new toy with Space Case's absurdly loud paint job.

I think the head is Depth Charge if anybody--but the colors wouldn't be much better. Having owned TM Depthcharge:

Metallic sky blue overall with metallic aqua and purple paint accents.

Deep magenta metallic bits.

Chrome gold bits.

Actually very Seacon-esque.

Stopped by Target and TRU today to see if they had anything new. Both were a pretty big let down in terms of having the newest stuff, however I was able to find something good at each store. Target had a single Darkmount nestled between about a million Thrust and Drift figures, so I bought him right away. Toys R Us was mostly animated Ratchet, though they did have a few Ironhide figures as well as Rodimus. The real find at TRY was a mindwind, which I have never seen before at a store, so he was snatched up instantly as well.

Darkmount is a really awesome figure, and I love his headsculpt. I don't know much about his character, but his figure was well worth it. The transformation isn't very tough, but it was a lot of fun. He also has some nice articulation in his hands/arms/shoulders.

Mindwipe so far seems fantastic, but I've only just been staring at his jet mode so far. While there are obvious inaccuracies compared to the F-117, I still love it. He's probably one of the best jets Hasbro has done yet.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Curiosity got the better of me and I ended up getting the “Delicate Warrior” iGear is selling:

IMG_0002.jpg

I still don’t know who makes this figure, but it’s safe to say that it’s leagues better than Impossible Toys’ version. It’s very reminiscent of a kit that was sold in the 90’s. Paint apps are clean, joints are tight, and it has more feminine poise than IT’s Arcee. Its alt mode is kinda wonky, but bot mode looks great.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Despite this, I still hope the rumors of a Generations Arcee come true. ^_^

Will Tuner Skids take the all-time-pegwarmer crown some day? BW overall has the top several spots I'm sure:

BW Transquito (especially KB)

BW TM1 Scavenger (especially Wal-Mart)

BW Injector (especially at TRU)

It's like each major store had their own pegwarmer exclusive...

PS--while ROTF Wheelie pegwarmed severely for a few months, he actually did go away. I wonder if they were ever actually shipped back to Hasbro, like some Phantom Menace figs.

Will Tuner Skids take the all-time-pegwarmer crown some day? BW overall has the top several spots I'm sure:

BW Transquito (especially KB)

BW TM1 Scavenger (especially Wal-Mart)

BW Injector (especially at TRU)

It's like each major store had their own pegwarmer exclusive...

PS--while ROTF Wheelie pegwarmed severely for a few months, he actually did go away. I wonder if they were ever actually shipped back to Hasbro, like some Phantom Menace figs.

I wasn't collecting during Beast Wars (as good as the show was, by and large I find myself in the "Trukk not munky!" crowd when it comes to toys), so I can't really comment on those three. But I'd say Mudflap's going to have some serious competition from Hunt for the Decepticons Ravage and Generations Bumblebee. TRU's really the only place around my area I can still find Mudflap, but judging by what's on the hooks Bee and Ravage aren't selling at all (which might explain why it's so hard to find newer Generations figs... like they won't put any new ones on the shelves until the old ones go, and they won't go because they're all Bumblebee and nobody wants Bumblebee anymore.

Yeah, Animated Ratchet is basically all I have at my TRU, the only luck I have had recently was with Mindwipe who isn't even the same class of figure.

Target is basically War For Cybertron Bee and Prime, that white Jet/harrier thing (cant recall the name), Ironhide and now about a million Thrust and Drift figures. While that seems like a lot of "shelfwarmers" they basically have at least one peg dedicated to each of those figures. Last week I saw a single Darkmount (which I mentioned before)and this week I saw a single Sideswipe with the guns. Overall it's been really slim pickings.

That being said, now that I've had some time from last post to handle Mindwipe, he is easily in my top 3 TFs of the year (I think he came out in Jan or Feb).

Well, I'm going more for long-term, than sheer numbers. Nothing ROTF or later has existed long enough to be a legendary shelf-warmer. I mean, BW Injector could still be found when RiD was out. Maybe Transquito, too...

Now, Animated Ratchet---I can see those still being at TRU in a couple years...

Animated Ratchet is a shelf warmer at my store, and he's marked down to clear. Heck, when I was doing inventory a couple of days ago, I came a cross a shipping box full of TRA deluxes. Given the contents, they're probably some of the earlier waves of toys.

i wonder if stores are holding back and putting newer waves of generations figures out on black friday. that would be good or bad. i still want to get dirge and blurr. there's already reports of the newer waves out. where the hell are all the figures? on another note target will be selling the power core combiners for $10.

was at wally's last nite and their TF-aisle is now stacked full again.

...with a bunch of those ROTF shelfwarmers yet again. Augh! :blink:

well, I reckon it's not quite as bad since a couple of WFC-Megs finally appeared there and there were a couple more Darkmounts.

WFC-Prime was there, too, so I finally snagged him. He's not a $13-kewl figure, but he's $9-kewl. :lol:

tru has the deluxe figures right now 2 for 14.99. however no dirge or blurr in sight. if you ever wanted to get wfc bumblebee or optimus you have yourself a deal.

Was out running errands today and stopped by a Target to see what they might have. It was mostly what you'd expect, pure shelfwarmers. They did have 2 Staxus/Darkmounts and 1 of each of Terradive and Tomahawk. Needless to say, I procured both of them for my collection. Haven't had a chance to mess with Tomahawk yet, but Terradive is a great figure and is wonderfully complex for being a deluxe. He was still fairly easy to transform, but they managed to cram a lot of neat transformation steps to get him from plane to robot.

Edit: Gave Tomahawk a transform, and he's really impressive too. Not quite as crazy as Terradive, but a very solid figure none the less. That being said, I think both these figures will become victims of the floppy hip syndrome as time goes on. The ball joints on mine weren't insanely tight to begin with, and we all know they don't get tighter on their own.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

If you go to my Target, you can pick one of two Transformers: WFC Bumblebee or Sea Attack Ravage. Which tells me they sold WFC Prime and that gray Harrier-looking dude since the last time I checked two weeks ago.

As for TRU, no way I'm setting foot in there until January. I like Transformers, but not as much as I love not being in crowds of desperate parents and not having my car dinged and scratched when said desperate parents inevitably forget how to drive and park. Seriously, I swear the holidays decrease people's ability to drive by at least 25% around here.

Slightly OT, but due to the number of people who will be out shopping around Black Friday:

Remember Toys for Tots. Help buy up those dozen MU classic Iron Man/Spider-Man and SW figs clogging the shelves and donate them. It'll both clear out the shelfwarmers for you, and make a lot of kids happy. Many stores are having huge deals on them etc.

anyone here in the states or outside of the US looking for a generations dirge mosc or classics ultra magnus vs skywarp target exclusive misb? i have an extra one of each for sale.

generations dirge

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34217

classics ultra magnus vs skywarp target exclusive

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34218

Edited by sh002

ok fellas---since I assume all my Macrossworld guys around here are the "smartest" when it comes to Transformers as well as Macross---I have over 50 Transformers from when I was a kid--used--(some more than others!)--I got from my parents house not long ago. They are all from Generation one I guess u call it...Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, etc...the FIRST ones....on up to some around the time of the animated movie and some after that...All 80's though...I don't have any idea how much-if anything- they are worth, and would basically just like to find someone who would give them a good home. Just can't bring myself to throw them out or give them to goodwill. Maybe somebody around here wants like the whole lot for like a bulk price? I also have all MOST--not all-- all the accessories, guns, info cards, booklets, etc,.. Can u guys help me out? Or point me in the right direction at least? :D thanks!

mods--move this if need be to "For Sale or Trade"..just wanted to start here. :)

post-11393-129071856651_thumb.jpg

post-11393-129071859162_thumb.jpg

post-11393-129071859943_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

That's quite a lot you got there; nice finds, especially Reflector. Aside from Ebay, there are places like this that'll give you an idea of what people are willing to pay for each of them : Transformerland. I've only bought from them however, so I can't comment on how much they'd give you for your TFs. Regardless, I don't think you're gonna have too much of a problem finding them a good home.

ok fellas---since I assume all my Macrossworld guys around here are the "smartest" when it comes to Transformers as well as Macross---I have over 50 Transformers from when I was a kid--used--(some more than others!)--I got from my parents house not long ago. They are all from Generation one I guess u call it...Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, etc...the FIRST ones....on up to some around the time of the animated movie and some after that...All 80's though...I don't have any idea how much-if anything- they are worth, and would basically just like to find someone who would give them a good home. Just can't bring myself to throw them out or give them to goodwill. Maybe somebody around here wants like the whole lot for like a bulk price? I also have all MOST--not all-- all the accessories, guns, info cards, booklets, etc,.. Can u guys help me out? Or point me in the right direction at least? :D thanks!

mods--move this if need be to "For Sale or Trade"..just wanted to start here. :)

You really make me wish I had more money to make you a serious offer with. :(

Judging from the pics, that's probably all the essential bots from G1 on the Decepticon side. The Autobot "staples" are a little lacking, though--Prowl, Bumblebee, Trailbreaker, Inferno, and Grappler.

IMO, one of your best selling points is that all your toys, especially the white ones, show no signs of yellowing. Old toys sometimes suffer from UV degradation or oxidation, but I guess you've kept your toys away from direct sunlight throughout the years.

Just my two cents' worth, but like Valkyrie Hunter D, I don't think you'll have much trouble selling such a comprehensive collection for a good price.