Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Remember when Takara/Hasbro planned to release a Bumblebee figure for the Binaltech/Alternators line, but Volkswagen refused to give them permission to use the New Beetle design? Well, iGear - known for not caring about copyrights - is making their own VW BB.

Bumblebee Volkswagen New Beetle Custom Transformer May Be Coming Soon from iGear

I hope they have a good lawyer, because it looks like they're going to need one.

Mass-producing a fan-mod is kinda pointless. If they actually made it like the pre-Kawamori prototype, THAT would be impressive. Seriously, a company like that should have been able to do it--I swear you can see mold lines on some of the MP Seeker parts where they were modified from the original. "cut here" and you've got the original version without CFT's and kibble... (it's just 500 hours of dremel work though uber-rock-hard plastic)

Agreed...wish Takara had stuck to their original, more accurate, design; that, to me, is the whole point of the MP line..to represent the original characters in a large detailed scale, with special attention given to the bot mode. I realize Kawamori designed the original F-15 seeker, that he's an icon in Japan, and that it was probably an incalculable honor to let him have his way with the MP mold, but I'd much rather have had the more g-1ish mold, chunkines and leg mounted stabs intact.

I envy the skill and tenacity of those willing and able to do customizing work. I lack both, and so can only gaze with wonder. It's certainly a form of compulsive masochism, this damnable internet.

Hi,

Is there a difference in the Masterpiece Grimlock produced by Takara than the one produced by Hasbro for the American market?

The packaging is different but is there actual difference in the toy itself?

Just thinking of getting the Hasbro one for the cheaper price.

Thanks.

~A~

Hi,

Is there a difference in the Masterpiece Grimlock produced by Takara than the one produced by Hasbro for the American market?

Thanks.

~A~

there's a few:

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/hasbro-masterpiece-grimlock-t67501.php

Finally, new TFs are hitting the stores. During the past 3 days, I snagged Megs, Red Alert, Dirge and Hailstorm at different places. And so far, I've only seen Breacher once but nada for Soundwave.

There's still nothing around here. I was at Walmart on Friday, TRU Saturday, and Target yesterday. Might give TRU another try today, since odds are good I'll be out that way.

The only newish Generations toy I've seen since the first wave (Prime, Peg, etc) is one WFC Megatron. I've also seen some of the more recent HFTD deluxes around, like Deer Collision Sideswipe and New Tuner Mudflap Tuner Skids.

Hi,

Thanks.

~A~

Yes, some deco differences, teeth are not as sharp in dino mode. Comes with a crown; the crown in Japan was from a higher priced exclusive version which is about $200+ to import. The Japanese version also comes with the brainwave scanner, platter, and apron.

With the Hasbro one you are getting the crown but not the apron and stuff; for what you get, I think it's a great deal.

I picked one up from Target a during the summer, and I loved his articulation and his style.

From the gerwalk mode, to the reverse articulated legs, to the axes for weapons, the little guy has style.

Finally found a War for Cybertron Megatron at TRU. His bot mode is surprisingly accurate... his cannon's a little bigger and more detailed than the game, his feet are a little bigger, and his forearms are a little different, but that's about it. He's even got the molded Decepticon symbol on his back.

His alt mode isn't too exciting, though. The claw-ish spikes on the front are reduced to a single pair, and the spikes on his back are down to just his point kneecaps sticking out. It's not as angular, and colored slightly differently as well, and his fusion cannon kind of pegs onto it instead of having the mounting seen in the game. The result is oddly unfinished. You can see what they were going for, and it's recognizable enough as the tank mode from the game, but on the whole it looks less like a tank (even an alien one), and more like a folded-up robot.

I'd say he's worth it overall, for the bot mode. It's one of the better Megatron sculpts around (I like it better than Animated Cybertronian Deluxe Megatron). I kinda wish he was a voyager, though.

Leader SS looks good in bot mode. Lots of articulation though the gimmicks hamper wrist movement to just up and down, no rotation.

Fighter mode is.. it looks like a pregnant guppy with wings.

Is this comment relating in terms of accuracy with a F-22, or just the design of the F-22 in general?

While I've managed to find all the Generations figures that I've wanted from the first three waves, I've yet to say any but wave 1 at any Wal-Mart (I check two in my area), and only a solitary Darkmount/Straxus at one of my two Targets. Everything else I've had to get from TRU.

I'm not even going to bother killing myself trying to find Blurr or Dirge at this point.

i would love to see generations dirge and blurr as pegwarmers like thrust, wfc optimus and bumblebee when they finally come out in larger quantities

target has the powercore combiners for $15. picked up the combaticons set. if the dinobots were out already i would have got that too.

I'm realling digging FPs interpretation of the character. Solid and beefy, just like any Autobot leader should be. While the MP version is much more cartoon accurate, he doesn't look quite epic enough to warrant the title of Prime. Plus when you can see that the MP toy switches from Hot Rod to Rodimus by stretching a little bit it becomes even harder to see it other than Hot Rod in a bench vise.

That being said, I'm having a helluva time finding Classics Rodimus for purchase and I'm not quite willing to resort to evilBay just yet.

I'm realling digging FPs interpretation of the character. Solid and beefy, just like any Autobot leader should be. While the MP version is much more cartoon accurate, he doesn't look quite epic enough to warrant the title of Prime. Plus when you can see that the MP toy switches from Hot Rod to Rodimus by stretching a little bit it becomes even harder to see it other than Hot Rod in a bench vise.

That being said, I'm having a helluva time finding Classics Rodimus for purchase and I'm not quite willing to resort to evilBay just yet.

Battle In Space Box Set Hot Rod VS Cyclonus

Any Macross trans-fans here that has second run PP01 Faith Leader?

The size/scale really appeals to me, but I'm not the most informed when it comes to Transformers.

So maybe someone can answer following questions

- How is the general fit of things?

- Is it durable or fragile?

- What materials are used?

- Does it improve on the first run PP01? If so, what was improved?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

PS: PP01 has no Autobot insignias, where does one buy aftermarket stickers?

Any Macross trans-fans here that has second run PP01 Faith Leader?

The size/scale really appeals to me, but I'm not the most informed when it comes to Transformers.

So maybe someone can answer following questions

- How is the general fit of things?

- Is it durable or fragile?

- What materials are used?

- Does it improve on the first run PP01? If so, what was improved?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

PS: PP01 has no Autobot insignias, where does one buy aftermarket stickers?

Don't know about PP01, but you can get aftermarket stickers from Reprolabels.