Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Well, it's just that Animated Lugnut is the original*/definitive version. And he was teal and purple. Takara's is teal and purple. Hasbro's isn't.

*please don't bring up some obscure G1-UK-comic-only character etc. The character of Lugnut is from Animated, just like Barricade is from the 07 movie, regardless of previous name uses.

Oddly I prefer the Hasbro version of the upcoming Lugnut, but I really like Takara's as well. I'd be happy with either. I'm liking Perceptor quite a bit more after seeing the new pics, too. So much good stuff...

So much good stuff indeed. Jazz is what I'm looking forward to the most. And once I do get him, I'll have to find a way to give him the oversized rear wing like his OG alt mode.

So word on the street is that Wheeljack is going to be based on Tracks' sculpt. Wheeljack wasn't cool enough to get his own design? Boo!

ordered dirge, blurr, and wfc soundwave from hasbrotoyshop.com. had a 10% off coupon. yeah it still comes out more than in stores but i couldn't wait any longer and it sucks to keep going into targets and other stores and finding nothing.

I think that sculpt suits Wheeljack more than Tracks. Still would have been nice to get a completely different sculpt for each character though.

Cool to see Rumble & Frenzy, but for some reason I'm not particularly excited by them.

Cool to see Rumble & Frenzy, but for some reason I'm not particularly excited by them.

I rather like them. Rumble was one of the main baddies on the cartoon, so having him helps round out the Decepticons I feel I really wanted (just like Jazz and Wheeljack basically complete my Autobot list). And the tank is kind of an interesting choice for an alt mode.

Wife wanted to go out after work, so we swung by the local Target. Shelves are still choked with more War for Cybertron Bumblebees than they know what to do with, as well as a large number of Primes and a handful of Thrusts and Drifts. I was pretty psyched to find a lone Straxmount though. I'd previously found a Soundwave at TRU, and since I'm not really interested in Red Alert I'll be pretty caught up if I can find Megatron. I think it'll be awhile before the 4th wave reaches my area, so I'm not expecting Blurr or Dirge anytime soon.

wow if you ever needed generations thrust, wfc bumblebee, or wfc optimus, look no further than any target as there are loads of them

for some reason i'm ok with not getting those igear mp conehead seekers. the mini mp ultra magnus trailer armor sounds interesting. i wish some company made a larger one for the takara mp ultra magnus.

Found Animated Rodimus--several, actually. So check your local TRU again for re-stocks etc. Also, be sure to check the flames on the hood! Most had atrocious paint---the orange outline didn't fit the gold flames at all, off by several times the width of the striping itself.

Simply copying the G2 scheme truly would have looked a lot better IMHO. Clear teal tailfins? Tampo-printing the stickers in primary colors? Blech. G1-color stickers on G2-color figures never looked good, I speak from experience. And changing them from silver and metallics to red/yellow/white only makes it worse.

fyi, guys.

The local wally's here price-dropped the deluxe-class TFs to $9. I just went to their online-site and it's also $9 there.

dunno if it's gonna permanent, tho.

If I get bored, I'll swing by tomorrow, but I'm frankly getting tired of checking for Wave 2 and 3 (and maybe 4) Generations figures and seeing the shelves overflowing with Bumblebee and Peg.

Remember when Takara/Hasbro planned to release a Bumblebee figure for the Binaltech/Alternators line, but Volkswagen refused to give them permission to use the New Beetle design? Well, iGear - known for not caring about copyrights - is making their own VW BB.

Bumblebee Volkswagen New Beetle Custom Transformer May Be Coming Soon from iGear

That and the MP seekers without the hip kibble and monitors on their arms like Prime.

Posted by Chen on the Robotjapan boards-

Edited by Twoducks

Mass-producing a fan-mod is kinda pointless. If they actually made it like the pre-Kawamori prototype, THAT would be impressive. Seriously, a company like that should have been able to do it--I swear you can see mold lines on some of the MP Seeker parts where they were modified from the original. "cut here" and you've got the original version without CFT's and kibble... (it's just 500 hours of dremel work though uber-rock-hard plastic)