Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

I think they look OK, with the exception of Hot Rod's opaque windows. That pretty much ruins the entire aesthetic, plus it makes a waste of the internal molded seats, which I thought looked great in the original figure.

Damn, that's a remold of the Classics figures, not the original Hot Rod and Cyclonus. <_<

Yeah, since I own the original Hot Rod I would much rather have the classics version, which I do. So I really don't see a problem.

I think they look OK, with the exception of Hot Rod's opaque windows. That pretty much ruins the entire aesthetic, plus it makes a waste of the internal molded seats, which I thought looked great in the original figure.

Someone at TFW who claims "inside knowledge" (yeah, I know) says that the windows will be transparent, more like the original Classics Rodimus. They also said that the matrix shown on the BBTS preorder looks like the metal one that came with reissue Galvatron, which could indicated that it's just a placeholder for the photo and might not be the one that comes with this set. Perhaps the handles will be open at the bottom so they can be plugged into Hot Rod's fistholes? Or maybe they will give him those new hands that are open but are still sculpted to hold things. They don't usually do new hands but the upcoming Grappel (repaint of Inferno) is getting new hands so who knows.

I don't really have room in my collection either, but I plan to keep Rodimus away from the general collection/display and maybe even put up a small wall shelf just for him. Or I'll just carry him around with me everywhere. :p

I know what you mean about trailers though. I never bought any of the MP Prime trailers because A: They're so huge and B: I don't find a big grey box particularly exciting.

True that. Probably the only area I like the movie approach better (no trailer). Too bad they didn't go above and and make an Ultra Magnus/Powered Convoy that used the trailer to augment the Robot. Wonder what the chances are for an MP Powermaster Optimus Prime down the road?

saw the character pics for transformers prime. yeah they should have just made another season of animated. i like arcee's design though. a toy of that would be cool.

anyone still looking for animated rodimus or ironhide?

Edited by sh002

Meanwhile the big stores here have squat. I'm wondering if they're waiting for the walls of Ravages and Jetblades to come down before putting out the new stuff. If so, it'll be loong time before I see anything beyond the first wave of Generations.

This.

I can't throw a rock without hitting a dozen of them. Meanwhile, I've been looking for Megatron and Darkmount for at least three weeks.

no new generations figures at targets or tru. still waiting to see soundwave, blurr, red alert, and dirge. now that some of the newer generations figures like jazz and tracks will be on yellow cards, i'm gonna have to look through all the movie figures as well.

How is that Houston is getting Wave 4 Generation figures? I've yet to see a Wave 2!

Damn, it looks like it's not the Copperfield location (F.M. 529 at State Hwy. 6). I wonder which location that is (I live in a county that's about twice the size of Rhode Island, so that's a lot of real esate to cover).

all that's left to be released from generations from the original g1 cars is skids, hoist, and trailbreaker as deluxes. i read that they plan on making wheeljack. if they repainted universe ironhide into skids, that would take care of that figure.

it would be cool if they repainted more of the cars as stunticons to go with dragstrip.

all that's left to be released from generations from the original g1 cars is skids, hoist, and trailbreaker as deluxes. i read that they plan on making wheeljack. if they repainted universe ironhide into skids, that would take care of that figure.

it would be cool if they repainted more of the cars as stunticons to go with dragstrip.

Problem is that Skids was not a memorable character in G1, as he only appeared in at most two episodes of the cartoon. Unless the figure is very good, Skids would be just a shelf-warmer.

There have already been other Stunticon repaints; just more rare than Drag Strip. Breakdown was a BotCon exclusive repaint of Sideswipe/Sunstreaker, but in his G2 colors. Wildrider was a Japan exclusive black repaint of Rodimus. All that's left are Dead End (maybe use the Tracks or Jazz mold, as the Prowl/Silverstreak/Smokescreen mold is way overused) and Motormaster (definitely use the Optimus Prime mold).

it would be easy for hasbro to just release a black rodimus as wildrider, a white sunstreaker repaint as breakdown, and nemesis prime with purple windows for motormaster

it would be easy for hasbro to just release a black rodimus as wildrider, a white sunstreaker repaint as breakdown, and nemesis prime with purple windows for motormaster

And it would be just as hard to make them form Menasor. :p

Wave 2 seems to be finally trickling into a Target nearby; I finally saw Tuner Skids, gimmick-Sideswipe, Elita-1, but no Hailstorm.

fwiw, I saw both Darkmount and Hailstorm at the local Wally's here.

I couldn't pull the purchasing-trigger on either.

Darkmount's just too small. I prolly would've gotten him if he was in Voyager-class.

Hailstorm's just way too meh.

that said, I must await Classics Grapple.