Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

there are reports of the newer waves of generations out like red alert, etc. hopefully there'll be a lot hanging on pegs at targets everywhere like the 1st wave.

Edited by sh002

Anyone here have/getting the CrossFire Bruticus add-ons? (I'm still waiting/hoping for a repaint to match the original Energon release)

My sets are finally on their way from BBTS-can't wait! I know FP made a white version of the Superion add-on set which looked great when coupled with the Energon versions of the jets, so there's a good chance the same might be done for Bruticus.

congrats, pics galore when you get it!

Ty sir, and there will be many pictures, I intend to toss in some comparisons with things like leader Prime as well just to give a sense of scale.

And Hutch, the piece totally floored me when I saw it at comic con. I probably hovered around the display looking at it for a good 15 minutes while talking about it with one of the reps at the booth. He's by far the most expensive collectible I've ever bought, that being said, I've been saving my pennies since 09s comic con for him.

All in all, I'm incredibly excited about having it, I imagine it will be the centerpiece of my collection (and not just my TF one) for many many years.

All in all, I'm incredibly excited about having it, I imagine it will be the centerpiece of my collection (and not just my TF one) for many many years.

I'd imagine so. I'm a huge Bruce Timm/Batman Animated Series fan and I remember how I felt when I found some of the WB Store maquettes for a decent price. Cloud nine.

Ok, *now* I'm convinced. :) And of course, now I'm hoping for a US release without the trailer, which would cut the cost down to like 40% of the JP Rodimus price...

PS--I do not like the toon-accurate flame deco, with the black outlines.

PPS---I was hoping the big gap ahead of the spoiler in winnebago mode would be reduced/eliminated. Surely they can devise something better, for a Masterpiece? I've never seen a "gaping hole" like that in any previous MP alt mode.

Yes that's Hot Rod's face

And it's taller in Rodimus Prime mode :)

So he can grow from teen to adult... and the colors look great too. I really want this now.

If only the damn trailer wasn't so useless...

Did Rodimus Prime have a different head/face from Hot Rod? WRT Rodimus Prime, I should think the trailer should go into the bot mode ala Ultra Magnus since he's supposed to be "Prime-sized" instead of "normal sized" Transformer.

Did Rodimus Prime have a different head/face from Hot Rod? WRT Rodimus Prime, I should think the trailer should go into the bot mode ala Ultra Magnus since he's supposed to be "Prime-sized" instead of "normal sized" Transformer.

Rodimus wasn't that big though, just a little taller than Hot Rod, and his trailer is more like Optimus's as it comes out of no where and connects but it has been shown that he can go without his trailer in car mode on the show. Yes he also had a different face, one to look more mature, older, like a seasoned leader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1JLtL2Bk70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSHnK2oH1Pw&feature=related

Rodimus Prime gained a good 20-25% in height/mass in Transformers: the Movie (which IIRC is usually the reference for Masterpiece).

Yup absorbing the Matrix apparently means gaining a few inches of height and getting more prominent cheekbones.

I've been so used to how Classics Hot Rod looks in alt mode that I've forgotten how curvy the G1 alt mode really was. I'm really liking this MP, but would it be too much to ask for a figure of Daniel, a hoverboard, and a button that makes it play DARE? :lol:

that mp rodimus looks awesome. car mode of hot rod reminds me of how it was drawn in the movie. since they've made human alliance figures it wouldn't be that much to ask for a daniel figure. a fishing rod, hoverboard, and matrix would be cool. i'd also want takara to make a mp gnaw, kup, galvatron, ultra magnus armor, and others. i wonder how big car mode is to the binaltechs/alternators. probably larger.

Pretty stoked about the confirmation that MP is Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime in one. I was always afraid that the best they'd do with Hot Rod was the Binaltech/Kiss Player/Alternators line (which were all decent figures, just not "Masterpiece").

-b.

It is, the back it too big, and the canopy isn't big enough, but i will take that sacrifce, bot mode is gorgeous. Also I'm hoping he will have his saw blade, seeing how even the classics version has the saw blade and they pack the Masterpiece versions with whatever they can it would make since he will come with it, as well as the matrix.

Am I the only one that thinks that car mode looks "off"? I mean, I've seen the movie a zillion times, and own the G1 reissue so I have a pretty good mental image of how it "should" look I think.

http://twitpic.com/2iyxuo/full (can't embed)

His front end is a little high, and either it's too thin or his rear is too thick. His silhouette is almost like Wheelie's. Plus his sides seem a bit rounded, and his pipes seem pointed too mouch toward the ground at the back.

Edited by mikeszekely

Yup, it's a welcome return to form after MP "It's just bigger" Grimlock.

What's wrong with just bigger? In Grimlock, I got a toy that looks spot on in both modes and can be easily converted between them on a whim. Contrast that to Megatron, who was such a pain to transform that I'm pretty sure I'll never do it again. Or Prime, who's truck sides are missing doors and windows (and who's trailer is sold separately). Or the Seekers, with their extra kibbley bot modes.

I can't help it that Takara got Grimlock right back in the 80s, but a Transformer doesn't need to be overly complicated to be a Masterpiece in my book... just awesome. That's why Grimmy's actually my favorite so far.

Rodimus is looking good, but time will tell. The Takara release is too rich for my blood anyway.