Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

That's a very cool Jet Prime custom. Wish Takara had done a snap-on parts set like they did for that very-delayed Voyager Jet Prime set.

I believe Hasbro said at BotCon they threw in some easter eggs for Battle Ops Bee - something to do with pressing his wheel several times will play versus of the original Transformers theme song.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Quick notes on this fig:

- Details are great

- Very good representation of movie Bee

- The battle mask sculpt is the best among all the Bee releases (Battle blades, Human Alliance etc)

- Not easy to pose him standing straight (It's either he's leaning forward or leaning back)

- Very minimal paint apps

- Limited right arm articulation (Although I knew this before buying)

- Bad QC, I was choosing from around 15 boxes all of which have issues with paint or scratched plastic (car hood) - Maybe I'm just picky

- The knees are extra tight (scary tight) I remember Frenzy Rumble's review and his unit had loose knees

*snip*

Can the right arm swivel outwards at all? Maybe on a hinge used for transformation? How is articulation overall? Does the elbow always straighten when the arm is moved upwards, or can you bend it even when the arm is upwards?

Can the right arm swivel outwards at all? Maybe on a hinge used for transformation? How is articulation overall? Does the elbow always straighten when the arm is moved upwards, or can you bend it even when the arm is upwards?

1. The right arm can swivel out due to the transformation but it does leave a weird gap doing so

2. As for Articulation

- There is no waist articulation

- The head cannot move up and down

- Can't seem to make it turn left as well (too tight)

- Human Alliance wins in this department

3. Yes it alwasy straightens. Its like auto-morph. Haven't dared try bending yet

9/10 in my book. Probably 8.5/10 in a non-fan's book.

Great game...just got it yesterday. Almost done with Decepticon story. Online play is fun too. 4.5 stars...short .5 because I wish the custom characters had more to choose from.

1. The right arm can swivel out due to the transformation but it does leave a weird gap doing so

2. As for Articulation

- There is no waist articulation

- The head cannot move up and down

- Can't seem to make it turn left as well (too tight)

- Human Alliance wins in this department

3. Yes it alwasy straightens. Its like auto-morph. Haven't dared try bending yet

Can you post pics of it showing it in dynamic poses, like showing the limits of its articulation?

Finally broke down and just ordered the WFC Prime and Bee. Both Target and Tru by my house have absolutely god awful selections of Transformers. between the two stores, I don't think I've seen a restock of any kind in at least 3 weeks. They just keep shrinking the sections and moving the same TFs around to fill out the pegs.

Am I the only person on the earth that likes the Bayformer designs? They look like alien robots, alien being the key word there.

I like them. Some of them, in part because they remind me of the Escaflowne in looks and transformation

Am I the only person on the earth that likes the Bayformer designs? They look like alien robots, alien being the key word there.

I think they worked for the movie, I just think they make lousy toys. I get frustrated when something like Classics/Universe goes on hiatus so that the shelves can get clogged with more versions of the same handful of Bayformers.

But I do confess, I am kind of a geewunner at heart.

At least you have TF's at yours. My nearest one has NONE. Not even Wheelie or Scalpel or Repaint Ravage...

I think my target is getting rid of theirs honestly. Most/all of it is labeled for clearance and it's basically all skids and mudflap now.

All of the Targets around here started shrinking the TF and SW sections few weeks ago, and now they have reduced them to nothing. I'm sure they'll put out more eventually, but it seems like an odd tactic to completely remove two of your top-selling and most recognizable brands.

Nope, I'm a fan of the designs. Not all, but they sort of grows on you :)

Just wondering, how many variants of Human Alliance Bumblebee are there? I have the ROTF version, which has Sam wearing a black shirt. I saw a Hunt for the Decepticons version with Sam wearing a white shirt like yours, but the shirt has a pattern on the front.

See, I think part of the problem is that they don't look alien at all.

They all looked like robot people. Or robot people that got in a fight with a blender, in some cases.

They're like Star Trek aliens: Add some forehead ridges and pointy ears to a human and pretend.

Yes, even the Decepticons.

Transformers 2 tried to offset this a little bit with Arcee and Demolisher, but they still came off as people on unicycles more than anything else.

Just wondering, how many variants of Human Alliance Bumblebee are there? I have the ROTF version, which has Sam wearing a black shirt. I saw a Hunt for the Decepticons version with Sam wearing a white shirt like yours, but the shirt has a pattern on the front.

Sorry for the confusion bro :) The pic I posted was actually Battle Ops Bumblebee with an Indiana Jones Mutt Williams 3 inch fig :D

A crazed mass of metal tentacles, obviously.

^_^ Or a metal insectoid/humanoid monstrosity. I think it's funny when people say the Bay Transformers look more "alien" since we really have no conception or reference point to what an alien might look like. They could look like Bay Transformers, they could look exactly like us, they could look like a giant gorilla throwing barrels. We don't know. Many like to presume that an alien can only look as non-human as possible, thus the recent trend of goat-legged, insectoid & nightmarish creations we've been seeing on movie screens - but unfortunately until we see an actual alien (and how can we know we haven't already?) they can look like pretty much anything.

That said, I really like some of the Bay designs (Bee, Prime, Jazz, Ratchet) but most of them leave me cold as I just don't find the aesthetic pleasing. Megatron has never, ever looked more laughable and awful to me as teh Bay versions, and Starscream's superwide torso just seems impractical, clumsy and ridiculous. He looks like he can barely move much less fight. But I try not to bitch about it because there are plenty of other Starscreams and Megatrons etc. that I do like. Even if I don't find a lot of the Bay designs pleasing, I can at least appreciate the fact that they have brought more diversity to the TF world.

What I do hate is the pervasive GeeWun VS Bayformers dichotomy in the fandom. If someone criticizes Bay designs in any way, they get "GEWUNNER!" pejoratives launched at them. If someone praises the Bay designs they get "Bayformers!!" pejoratives thrown at them. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for so many folks to realize that it's possible to like some aspects of G1/Bay while finding fault with others - to like both G1 and Bay designs. I'm tempted to think that it's due to so many young or teenage fans that haven't yet developed the art of tact, but I'm not quite willing to follow that geriatric instinct - especially since I know tact doesn't always come with age.

That said, this aging Geewunner is really looking forward to the Human Alliance Jazz - so much so that he is tempted to overpay for one on Ebay. >_<

Edited by eriku

Yeah you'll find that most fandoms in any mythos have camps that jeer each other in good fun(mostly) but I've learnt not to take them seriously anyway.

Oh yes...HA Jazz, Breacher, Terradive and Tomahawk are all in my wanted list for this year. ^_^

and Starscream's superwide torso just seems impractical, clumsy and ridiculous.

Just like in the movie, his clavicle joints provide his arms with extra extented range of motion. Which is pretty damn practical when slashing in close quarters combat. :

1.jpg

Sorry for the confusion bro :) The pic I posted was actually Battle Ops Bumblebee with an Indiana Jones Mutt Williams 3 inch fig :D

Damn, should've paid attention to the interior. Still, I am so tempted to get Battle Ops BB, but around here, it's almost US$100. :angry:

Peg is in stock at HTS for a good price, so I decided to give up the hunt and buy one from there. I've already spent probably $20 worth of gas just trundling my ass back and forth to TRU looking for him. This is my first experience with HTS, should I expect the worst?

Peg is in stock at HTS for a good price, so I decided to give up the hunt and buy one from there. I've already spent probably $20 worth of gas just trundling my ass back and forth to TRU looking for him. This is my first experience with HTS, should I expect the worst?

I've bought a few SDCC figs there, like Nemesis Prime. If I recall correctly, they kill you on the shipping, but otherwise I had no problems with them.

EDIT: I'm still going to hold off another week. TRU's doing a buy one, get one half off on pretty much all Hasbro toys. If I can find Peg and Thrust, I'll be able to get them both for just under $20 after sales tax here, but it'll be $26 before shipping to get them from HTS. If I'm going to go the HTS route, I might as well wait and see what kind of comic-con toys they have and save on shipping.

Edited by mikeszekely