Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Wait...

There actually IS a new character called Peg? Or have people randomly decided that this name is good? When I wrote it - I was thinking of Drift, but couldn't remember his name...thus the couple of "attempts" - amongst them Peg...

Although - I'm kind of proud to have spurred the new "JAAM!!" meme! :lol:

Pete

No, he's named Drift. Peg was such a nice name we had to keep it going. Frankly, I prefer it. :)

Yeah, we've just got to take it to some other Transformers boards, maybe edit the wiki, and hope it takes.

Long live Peg, the Decepticon turned angsty Autobot who abhors fighting, but does it anyway in the hope that there will one day be peace (basically, the Transformers version of Mega Man X)!

I think it's cool that Peg not only has a huge sword which can be stored on his back and held with 2 hands, but also 2 swords that can be stored in sheaths on his hips. Thats %^&*()ing awesome.

Hey Shin, since you're a Super Mod at TFW and Toyark, you should see to it that all further reporting on Drift refers to him as "Peg". ^_^

Wow. Who would have thought that a disgruntled ex-TF fan who sold off his collection and replaced them with school-girl dolls would give birth to the most exciting event in Transformers history since the first live-action movie.

Hyperbolic Pete

I think it's cool that Peg not only has a huge sword which can be stored on his back and held with 2 hands, but also 2 swords that can be stored in sheaths on his hips. Thats %^&*()ing awesome.

There you go, eriku. Hasbro made sure Peg has places to stow his swords for when you pose him wielding Pocky.

Edited by mikeszekely

There you go, eriku. Hasbro made sure Peg has places to stow his swords for when you pose him wielding Pocky.

Sweet! Although I'm thinking I'll have to drill the holes so they're wider. Why? So Peg has a place to stow his Pocky when he's using both of his hands to read a SUPAHCOOL AWSUM MANGA!

Sweet! Although I'm thinking I'll have to drill the holes so they're wider. Why? So Peg has a place to stow his Pocky when he's using both of his hands to read a SUPAHCOOL AWSUM MANGA!

Peg loves to watch Naruto, but for manga I hear he prefers stuff like Love Hina.

He's also been known to cosplay as Wing Zero Gundam.

I am still kind of new here and wanted to put down that I own alot of Transformers from back in the day.

But if we can "brag" or share info on what we got here then has anyone heard of the Ehobby Ghost Starscream? because I got one of those in my collection,not the recent reisse,the one in crystal blue box.Since I always keep what I buy (no matter how poor I get) I open and applied stickers.Just like the G-1 Starscream.

Also I got a orange/chrome orange and red Powermaster Optimus Prime aka Fireguts Godginrai too and the story I got on that one from what I was told is that someone died in Prime's cab and then Prime went "super Goku" and changed color with a "God bomber" blaster canon on his shoulder.I really dont know that story.

Well,I apologize incase I posted in the wrong thread, I am still trying to learn how to surf this site from a PS3.

Stay cool folks,

Pete (not the VFTF1 Pete)

Wow. Who would have thought that a disgruntled ex-TF fan who sold off his collection and replaced them with school-girl dolls would give birth to the most exciting event in Transformers history since the first live-action movie.

Hyperbolic Pete

Who is this guy you are referring to and what event is this? I look back at the pages, but I didn't see, forgive me if i skipped one of the comments.

thanks

Who is this guy you are referring to and what event is this? I look back at the pages, but I didn't see, forgive me if i skipped one of the comments.

thanks

He's referring to himself, where after a period of re-reading the old Marvel comic book he was buying a ton of G1 Transformers. Then the movies came out, plus Animated, and he'd post more than the rest of us combined in this thread about how he hated all the new TF stuff coming out, and why he hated it, and how much better the old stuff was, until one day he just snapped. Sold off his TF collection and never looked back. Personally, I think he's happier now, although he does still turn up in this thread.

He's referring to himself, where after a period of re-reading the old Marvel comic book he was buying a ton of G1 Transformers. Then the movies came out, plus Animated, and he'd post more than the rest of us combined in this thread about how he hated all the new TF stuff coming out, and why he hated it, and how much better the old stuff was, until one day he just snapped. Sold off his TF collection and never looked back. Personally, I think he's happier now, although he does still turn up in this thread.

And I believe all of that, ALL of it, was meant to play out as it did for the single reason of giving birth the the name "Peg".

So don't worry, Pete, all the angst wasn't your fault. It was just the universe using you as a medium. ^_^

thanks, I must of missed all that ^_^;; I really like the classic remakes and if they ever make the WFC Trypticon, that will be mine :-)

And I believe all of that, ALL of it, was meant to play out as it did for the single reason of giving birth the the name "Peg".

So don't worry, Pete, all the angst wasn't your fault. It was just the universe using you as a medium. ^_^

Totally worth it. Drift as a serious character sucks, but Peg as a joke just jumped into my top five favorite Transformers of all time.

I am still kind of new here and wanted to put down that I own alot of Transformers from back in the day.

But if we can "brag" or share info on what we got here then has anyone heard of the Ehobby Ghost Starscream? because I got one of those in my collection,not the recent reisse,the one in crystal blue box.Since I always keep what I buy (no matter how poor I get) I open and applied stickers.Just like the G-1 Starscream.

Also I got a orange/chrome orange and red Powermaster Optimus Prime aka Fireguts Godginrai too and the story I got on that one from what I was told is that someone died in Prime's cab and then Prime went "super Goku" and changed color with a "God bomber" blaster canon on his shoulder.I really dont know that story.

Well,I apologize incase I posted in the wrong thread, I am still trying to learn how to surf this site from a PS3.

Stay cool folks,

Pete (not the VFTF1 Pete)

Those are some real rare and cool pieces you have. Ghost-Starscream is a fun treat. Do you have Octane to go with him? :) I love the episode "Starscream's Ghost" and the pairing of that duo !

As for Fire Guts God Ginrai - I haven't watched Masterforce... but I THINK I remember that towards the end he gets super-powered up or something and that's where the colors come from...

thanks

Nice to see I've become a celebrity! :lol:

Hell, I like Peg, and I'm still not entirely sure what's going on.

Me neither - and it would be kind of funny if I bought "Peg" as my first Transformer since getting rid of my collection :)

We'll see...

Pete

Those who have Mindwipe may have noticed two mysterious red clips on his undercarriage that seem to serve no purpose.

Well, Legends Jetfire clips right into them and holds securely.

Now I just need Skystalker to complete this monstrosity

wipe04.png

wipe05.png

Edited by eriku

Those who have Mindwipe may have noticed two mysterious red clips on his undercarriage that seem to serve no purpose.

Well, Legends Jetfire clips right into them and holds securely.

Now I just need Skystalker to complete this monstrosity*snip*

For a long time, I thought Skystalker would fit into the gap between Mindwipe's wingtips towards the back. Still going to try it out once I find both.

Cool that Jetfire can flip the way shown above! What do you think of Mindwipe eriku, quality wise?

I got the new deluxes(Brawn, Ratchet, Lockdown), and they are AWESOME. I think the 2010 deluxes are better than the 2009 versions. Ratchet I wanted because I like movie Ratchet and wanted to see a new mold for him. Don't know if I like him more than the TF1 voyager(which even though it shelf warmed, was one of the best voyagers in the line IMHO, and a sleeper hit), but the articulation is considerably better, and it is fun to pose. Also wanted him and Lockdown because of the homage to Animated.

Animated Lockdown was one of the most overrated deluxes in the Animated line, but it did have some stellar aspects to it. However the new movie version is much better as a figure IMHO. Articulation is better, able to have more exaggerated stances. I like the sculpt, and it's one hell of a way to pay homage to a well received series.

Brawn is cool. Dig the transformation, I LOVE how his guns are already in hand during transformation, so you can pretend he is already shooting Decepticons when your done transforming him.

What do you think of Mindwipe eriku, quality wise?

He's pretty excellent quality wise. Nothing feels flimsy, everything holds together tightly in both modes, Ratchet shoulders, ratchet hips. The thing's a tank. Speaking of tank, I got Bludgeon right before Mindwipe and while I like him fine he is easily of lesser quality than Mindwipe.

Mindwipe is so tempting, but as a rule I've been staying away from mass retail TF's.

Just picked up an MP Skywarp for 24 bucks shipped on ebay...already have one, so I'm thinking repaint...I want to do a Thrust, but I'm not sure I have the skills to scratch build the wings. I'd do Sunstorm, but as I said in an earlier post, I hate his colors.

I had fully intended to avoid Mindwipe based on photos, but when I saw him in person I couldn't resist. It's not often a jet Transformer looks this nice and sleek.

wipe03.png

He looks great in alt mode, but I'm not digging the bot mode. Doesn't really match my Classics, which is really all I care about.

so I saw Bludgeon today and I just wasn't convinced that he's worth the $20 wally's is asking for him.

maybe $7. definitely not worth more than $10. :angry:

:sigh:

anyway, there's also BeachComber and some forklift guy on the ROTF two-fer. BeachComber was a bit interesting, tho. A repaint of DuneRunner, but seems to be just compatible with the Classics. Just kinda weird he's got dual triple-barrels for such a laid-back G1 character. :lol: the forklift-dude was meh.

nothing else on the TF aisle except those moronic SW-TF crossovers.

guess i'll just have to wait for Peg and Thrust, and those new combiners.

Edited by treatment

Those are some real rare and cool pieces you have. Ghost-Starscream is a fun treat. Do you have Octane to go with him? :) I love the episode "Starscream's Ghost" and the pairing of that duo !

As for Fire Guts God Ginrai - I haven't watched Masterforce... but I THINK I remember that towards the end he gets super-powered up or something and that's where the colors come from

Thanks VFTF1,

I forgot who Octane is,and I remember a few episodes where Starscream was trying to get eyes for Unicron so he can give Starscream a new body then attach him to Cybertron but in the end Starscream screwed Unicron and told him to "do it yourself" and that still cracks me up.

As for Super "sayain" Powermaster Optimus Prime,I heard that only a handful were made so I guess I do have a collectors item.I even have a few "tiny" transformers of Optimus and Soundwave that has a tiny,tiny transformable Ravage.Go ahead and laugh,an old man who collects Transformers.

Thanks VFTF1,

I forgot who Octane is,and I remember a few episodes where Starscream was trying to get eyes for Unicron so he can give Starscream a new body then attach him to Cybertron but in the end Starscream screwed Unicron and told him to "do it yourself" and that still cracks me up.

As for Super "sayain" Powermaster Optimus Prime,I heard that only a handful were made so I guess I do have a collectors item.I even have a few "tiny" transformers of Optimus and Soundwave that has a tiny,tiny transformable Ravage.Go ahead and laugh,an old man who collects Transformers.

My memory on what Starscream did in that episode is cloudy - but anyways, Octane was the Decepticon triple changer who initially "found" Starscream's ghost in the underground catecombs. He was being chased down by Cyclonus and the Sweeps for apparently trying to betray Galvatron (we never saw the actual betrayal, just Galvatron...or rather...well...there was an animation error..so...in the scene where Galvatron was yelling at Cyclonus to find Octane...all we saw was Galvatron's empty throne...)...

Anyways...Octane turns into a tanker truck and a passenger airplane... He's a pretty cool character. There was also a Henkei Octane made recently - not a bad toy....

And yeah - Fireguts Gond Ginrai was a limited production run - but then again...so was ghost Starscream.

Pete

There's nothing to laugh at, I think we're all in the same boat. If anything, I'm a little jealous!

My memory on what Starscream did in that episode is cloudy - but anyways, Octane was the Decepticon triple changer who initially "found" Starscream's ghost in the underground catecombs. He was being chased down by Cyclonus and the Sweeps for apparently trying to betray Galvatron (we never saw the actual betrayal, just Galvatron...or rather...well...there was an animation error..so...in the scene where Galvatron was yelling at Cyclonus to find Octane...all we saw was Galvatron's empty throne...)...

IIRC, the later episodes where Octane were featured were originally supposed to feature Blitzwing whom Galvatron thought betrayed him in the Five Faces of Darkness. But Octane was on store shelves at the time, Blitzwing wasn't, so that's why the switch.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Blitzwing_(G1)

When the Quintessons arrived on Chaar to bribe the Decepticon army with promises of energon and revenge, Blitzwing was the only one of his comrades to turn down their offers. He had met their kind before (or at least he thought they seemed familiar to him for some reason) and did not trust them, though he could not remember why. Upon the triumphant return of Galvatron, Blitzwing was the only Decepticon left to greet him. Five Faces of Darkness, Part 3

It's the look of absolute shock on Galvatron's face that sells this.

Later, during an assault on Cybertron, it was Blitzwing who discovered that the Quintessons were lying to Galvatron and plotting to destroy all Transformers (instead of just the Autobots, which Blitzwing had no problems with). He tried to report this to Galvatron, but when he could not convince the Decepticon leader, he turned to Rodimus Prime for help. Together, Blitzwing and Rodimus were able to stop the Sharkticon commando team that had infiltrated Cybertron. Galvatron, unfortunately, suspected that Blitzwing was trying to betray the Decepticons and steal the "Decepticon Matrix of Leadership" for himself and threw the Quintessons' nullifying switch, deactivating Transformers galaxy-wide until Spike Witwicky destroyed it. With the Quintessons' deception revealed, Galvatron attempted to renew hostilities with Rodimus, but Blitzwing drew his weapon and targeted Galvatron, stating that the battle was over for now. Seething, but seeing little alternative, Galvatron accepted and withdrew his forces from Cybertron, but banished Blitzwing from the Decepticon ranks forever. Five Faces of Darkness, Part 5

Note: In the original script for Five Faces of Darkness, after Blitzwing's banishment, Rodimus extended his offer to Blitzwing a second time, and in this instance, he did not accept, but did not refuse, saying that he would think about it. The later episode, "Starscream's Ghost" was originally written to feature Blitzwing, but was later re-written to be about the newest Decepticon Triple Changer, Octane, although there is no explanation offered for why Octane is friendly with the Autobots. It would seem that this would have originally been Blitzwing following up on Rodimus' offer. Blitzwing would reappear briefly in several crowd scenes, such as "Fight or Flee" and "The Ultimate Weapon", likely as the result of carelessness in production. Then again. Galvatron did forgive Scourge for his antics. Plus, Galvatron is pretty insane.

I thought Octane was considered a traitor because of his actions in Theif in the Night where he "steals" Trypticon and hangs out with him in the totally-a-real-country of Carbombya.

Yes - I'd always thought that too.

As for Blitzwing - technically that would have made sense to pursue that whole "Blitzwing you traitor" line... but I would think Galvatron eventually realized that the Quintessons betrayed him, and therefore Blitzwing acted in his interest - or at the very least, Cyclonus would realize it and whisper it into Galvatron's audio-module..?

Pete

who misses talking to people who actually REMEMBER G1 and talk about THAT instead of about the latest tranforming abonination to hit the shelves/airwaves

Crusty Old Man :lol: