Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

They had a lot of problems unloading their exclusive (first movie) Starscream repaints.. I know of two places where they languished for a couple months in an aisle display before banishment to clearance.

Edited by Letigre

Just picked up Wal-Mart MP Skywarp. One of three on the shelf. Is it my lucky day or is this guy not selling well?

tough to say.

it was a sticker-shock at $60 at first. there were plenty on the shelves on the first week.

then afterwards (second week and beyond), it was all gone from the three wally's I go to.

I couldn't find it for my nephew's x'mas present.

tough to say.

it was a sticker-shock at $60 at first. there were plenty on the shelves on the first week.

then afterwards (second week and beyond), it was all gone from the three wally's I go to.

I couldn't find it for my nephew's x'mas present.

why not try ordering it online from their website? You buy it from there and pick it up at your local Wal-Mart.

Just picked up Wal-Mart MP Skywarp. One of three on the shelf. Is it my lucky day or is this guy not selling well?
Takara version looks a lot better ...imo....

Besides, it's about time they revise the seeker mold ; the hip kibble is getting unacceptable by now. When they figure that

one out, it's time for the coneheads.

No need. I've seen and revered the Holy Froating Head - I just didn't understand the shorthand HFH...

And that was really Kawamori's design choice?

Was it because he figured it made more sence to give them those things as stabilizers for when they wanted to glide in robot mode?

I dunno...wierd...

Pete

I believe the explanation is that he wanted to make them look like samurai swords hanging from the waist.

That, or he was thinking of the YF-19.

It certainly has nothing to do with airplane aesthetics or aerodynamics. Remember that Megatron and Soundwave are just as agile in the air in robot mode as the seekers.

Samurai swords?

I never read that anywhere. I do realize that Soundwave and Megs flew with no stabilizers or any other remotely aerodynamic stuff on them...but I think in the instructions themselves...I will have to dig those out to check...but doesn't it say something about rear stabilizers?

(talking about the original MP version intructions here)

Pete

I'm pretty sure "stabilizer mode" is something thought up of at the last minute by the marketing team just to add a "feature" to the toy... It's kind of like when a DVD lists "chapter selection" and "trailers" on the box as special bonuses.

I believe the explanation is that he wanted to make them look like samurai swords hanging from the waist.

Samurai swords ? Such diabolical nonsense...I mean, they can't hold 'em in their hands like samurai swords, right ?

Imo, they should have gone to lengths to have that stuff fold up nicely on the back. If they can't get that fixed, then imo

the little Classics seeker mold still has +1 over the MP's.

Anyway, I do hope to see a MP Ramjet sometime. He's my fav conehead.

Ramjet.jpg

Edited by knoted

Like this?

That's a bit better yeah. Imo, it's sad to see people having to mod their own MP seekers to have it like this.

If they do come up with a Ramjet/ Dirge, this might not be such an issue since those 2 have the wings at

the legs by default.

But yeah, until they fix this, I'm not gonna spend cash on those MP seekers...I was tempted to get Thundercracker

but the hip kibble just kills it for me.

Edited by knoted

Actually the hip kibble isn't that bad - it can be hidden prettty well on all three of them. It maneuvers well. I think the Seeker moulds are fine as they are. The only downside is a bit limited range of articulation in the legs and hips - but over all it's fine and the stand really compensates for lots of that by letting you do a lot of dynamic poses.

did I just say something positive about Transformers?

but then - I was talking about Masterpiece...

It's MEGATRON who needs a remould. The complex transformation is just such a pain in the butt...

Grimlock is a great prospect for the future - simple transformation, not too heavy, decent gimmicks... the shining hand kind of sucks...

but...whatever...

Pete

So the rumors are true: Marshall's stores DO have the special edition Universe figures for $10. I found the last boxes of Prime and Megs sitting around at different location in the store. I was hoping to find Dragstrip as well but grey and black Megs was a better find I think. Happy hunting!

You mean in the US? I work right next to a Marshall's; I should check it out on my lunch or something. I really wanted Dragstrip, but didn't feel like buying just him online.

Yeah but it still has to spread its legs and cant them out slightly just to stand up. The prototype is still leaning backwards. I guess no articulation was a big advantage for the original Seeker toy when it came to stability.

You mean in the US? I work right next to a Marshall's; I should check it out on my lunch or something. I really wanted Dragstrip, but didn't feel like buying just him online.

Yup, in the US-I'm in NorCal btw. At the second Marshalls I went by, I think I found a scalper's hidey hole because inside a leather ottoman were 10 of the figures. Or maybe its just the way Marshalls is; that place can get really messy. If you still can't find a Dragstrip, lmk as I could probably snag one for you tomorrow.

Like this?

The hip kibble isn't killing me, but I would have *much* preferred that. If you're going to be a slave to the G1 model, you may as well go all the way.

Edited by Alpha OTS

Goody, because I don't think the HA one is THAT good. (yeah it's good, but it's not drool-worthy). Now if we can just get a Leader Barricade...

(after Leader SS, I've pretty much given up all hope of Hasbro ever giving us a really good jet in the main line, the MP Seekers will probably be it for this decade----gimmicks over sculpts seems to be THE over-ruling thing these days no matter how much it hurts the looks)

I remember ages ago someone modding a Masterpiece Starscream cutting off those balljoins and other stuff that made it spread its legs and pose properly...

anybody has a tutorial or guide for it?

I may try it on the black walmart seeker my wife got me for xmas. :p

Goody, because I don't think the HA one is THAT good. (yeah it's good, but it's not drool-worthy). Now if we can just get a Leader Barricade..

Imo, HA BB is easily the best thing to come out of the ROTF line after Leader Prime. This new Leader Bumblebee seems to be even better.

I remember ages ago someone modding a Masterpiece Starscream cutting off those balljoins and other stuff that made it spread its legs and pose properly...

anybody has a tutorial or guide for it?

I may try it on the black walmart seeker my wife got me for xmas. :p

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers...tml#post1733484

I plan to do it to my MP TC, but still haven't gotten enough guts to hack up my custom-painted $100 TF...

I'm also still measuring/testing millimeter-by-millimeter to try to get as much clearance for the tips of the h.stabs as possible--even with the kibble "slid all the way up"---there's really still not QUITE enough room---you still have to really splay the legs and have him on his tip-toes, due to the stabs touching the ground. Even a few mm would help a lot, but the kibble can only slide up so far before it'll go past the bottom peg. The original version of the mold solved this by having the tailbooms actually slide up past the shin a bit, but with the changing of the peg position (there's still mold marks inside of the original location) you can't go quite as far now.

So the rumors are true: Marshall's stores DO have the special edition Universe figures for $10. I found the last boxes of Prime and Megs sitting around at different location in the store. I was hoping to find Dragstrip as well but grey and black Megs was a better find I think. Happy hunting!

Thanks for posting this - went to my local Marshall's today and found Megatron, Overkill, and Dragstrip. Picked up the first two, as I bought Dragstrip from HTS.com last year. Awesome price for these TFs!!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Thanks for posting this - went to my local Marshall's today and found Megatron, Overkill, and Dragstrip. Picked up the first two, as I bought Dragstrip from HTS.com last year. Awesome price for these TFs!!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Maybe it's a California/West Coast thing? I swung by Marhsall's today here in snowy PA, and the only Transformers they had were a handful of Universe Legends and a solitary Animated Lugnut.