Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

It looks like they took that Robot from Fox's NFL show, painted it red and stuck Prime's head on it. He's a bit too bulky for my liking.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I kind of like it. I really do hope that Hasbro sells some War for Cybertron toys.

It looks like they took that Robot from Fox's NFL show, painted it red and stuck Prime's head on it. He's a bit too bulky for my liking.

I like Prime. Best looking Prime in forever.

I like Prime. Best looking Prime in forever.

From an aesthetic POV and not counting Optimuses who aren't Primes (Optimus Primal) or Primes who aren't Optimus (Rodimus, Lio Convoy, etc), I'd put it somewhere around here:

1. G1 Optimus

2. RID Optimus

3. Classics Prime

3. War Within Optimus

4. Armada Optimus

5. Laser Optimus Prime (based on RID Scourge, since I don't think LOP has been animated)

6. The Optimus Prime from the G.I. Joe Crossover that turned into a HISS tank.

7. Alternity Optimus Prime

8. This guy

9. The retro-looking Prime from the other G.I. Joe Crossover

10. Alternators/Binaltech/Kiss Play Prime

11. Star Convoy

12. Energon Prime

13. Animated Prime

14. Hearts of Steel Prime

15. Cybertron/Galaxy Force Prime

16. The odd G1/Classics blend with the crappy Bayformer face that's in the current IDW ongoing series.

17. Bayformer Prime.

Fansproject has some very interesting new shots up. The character is called Defender...which I've never heard of, but it reminds me of Springer (at least in two modes).

http://www.fansproject.com/

I'm glad they're going through with Sprin *ahem* Defender. There were rumors going around regarding some C&D action, but I guess it may still happen. I wonder if their Crossfire project is an add-on kit for one of the Bruticus toys or a whole new sculpt of the big brute.

That's pretty brutal on the Bay Prime my god.

G1 and Bay Prime are top of my list, everything else is just ehh, especially from Armada/Energon. I hated those designs.

I enjoyed the Bayformer movies for what they were, but it doesn't change the fact that I've always hated the aesthetics of the Bayformer designs.

As for Armada/Energon, the cartoons were stupid as all get out. But Armada Prime (at least when he wasn't in Super Mode) was a pretty awesome design. Energon Prime was kind of meh... I liked the G1 inspirations, but the result was kind of a fat Prime on skinny legs.

I dig the new game Prime's robot mode. Big and bulk and reminds me of Cybertron, WWI and Animated Optimus' designs. Not bad, though a tad too bulky, like the Optimus Primal fists. Wouldn't mind seeing a toy of it, I like new takes on characters like this, and I've always liked the armored Cybertronian look.

Can't wait to see MEGATRON.

Revenge Of The Fallen Human Alliance Barricade New In Hand Images

Looks great, sounds like it's the 2nd best figure in the line, and IMHO looks WAY BETTER than the deluxe from the 1st movie(and I like that figure too!). Don't know if most of you have picked up the Human Alliance figures but they are my favorite movie figures so far. Very fun to play with.

Damn that is one beautiful movie Prime toy. Thanks for the pics Swoosh! Any problems with chrome chipping off of the grill/feet in robot mode? That's the main thing I'm worried about. Also, does the gun clip into place well?

I think chipping is unavoidable in long term...

The grip of the gun is pretty short, but no problem for him to hold it at any angle. ^_^

I dig the new game Prime's robot mode. Big and bulk and reminds me of Cybertron, WWI and Animated Optimus' designs. Not bad, though a tad too bulky, like the Optimus Primal fists. Wouldn't mind seeing a toy of it, I like new takes on characters like this, and I've always liked the armored Cybertronian look.

Can't wait to see MEGATRON.

You can see Megatron, Soundwave, and two bots I can't readily identify (although I'd guess Onslaught for the one) here.

Road Buster Ultra Magnus? I prefer the original color scheme, but still not a bad find for $20. Word on the street is that Japan will be getting the Animated toy line next year to go along with the series broadcast. Does this mean better paint apps and blinged out chrome on the TFA figs we've already bought? Considering the comparisons between the Henkei and Classics lines I say yes. Would I buy those toys again? No way. However, if Ultra Magnus gets gets a better color scheme (i.e. true white instead of grey) with the Japanese version, I'd be willing to buy it again.

Now I can only wonder if TFA will get extended episodes with the Japanese broadcast...

There's a two-pack Buster Optimus Prime with a face plate and a more accurately painted Jetfire out. Robotkingdom has it in stock. BBTS is supposed to be getting it in January. I'm glad I waited. This Jetfire should look a little more cohesive and although it's still not perfect by any means, the colors should better cloak the bot parts under the ship in alt mode.

Road Buster Ultra Magnus? I prefer the original color scheme, but still not a bad find for $20. Word on the street is that Japan will be getting the Animated toy line next year to go along with the series broadcast. Does this mean better paint apps and blinged out chrome on the TFA figs we've already bought? Considering the comparisons between the Henkei and Classics lines I say yes. Would I buy those toys again? No way. However, if Ultra Magnus gets gets a better color scheme (i.e. true white instead of grey) with the Japanese version, I'd be willing to buy it again.

Now I can only wonder if TFA will get extended episodes with the Japanese broadcast...

yeah. not bad at all for $20. i'm not really a TFA-fan, but this UM is a really great toy. I never saw the original TFA-UM on wally's shelves, but this Road-Buster version is fine enough and the pricing is sweet.

I'm not that hot on the new colors, but it has grown on me rather quick.

the only thing I'd like it to have added is waist/waist-swivel, so the upper-body will have some better poses!

so, another wally's run, another TF figure in the bargain-bin.

this time, it's the boring-but-still-goodly-sized TF-U Silverbolt ultraclass.

for a whoppin $11! :lol:

Man, why is everyone's Wal-Mart but mine doing deals? I was in the other day, and the regular Ultra class figures were regular price, with the Wal-Mart exclusives being prices at $30. I'd like to snag the red Powerglide repaint, and would gladly do so for $11, but $30 is out of the question.

Heck, my Wal-Marts are still charging $60 for MP SW.

Wait, that's discounted too? It's $60 at mine, and I didn't even think it might have dropped. Animated and Universe, sure, since they're older, but MP SW is still new.

I think the $40 MP-Skywarp was an online-only offer.

Heck! They've upped it to $50 now online-only, too.

btw, for Silverbolt, I was actually just price-checking it since I thought it was put there in the bargain-aisle by mistake. Well, turns out it wasn't a mistake.

In contrast, there's a bunch of ROTF-figures in the $10 bargain-aisle, which I think is a huge mistake as these figures are really worth no more than $5. :lol:

Also, kinda weird that Red Powerglide went up to $30 again after being discounted to $25 just last month.

edit:

just couldn't resist gerwalkin' SB. he's actually got surprisingly good balance. prolly better gerwalkin' than the Bandai DX VF25s. B))

post-263-1261292753_thumb.jpg

post-263-1261292763_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

FYI: I found TF2 Voyager class Bludgeon, TF2 Deluxe Dirge and Armorhide at Wal-mart this morning!!!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

TF2 Voyager Jungle Attack Ironhide (aka. Zebra version) was also available, but I passed on him!

Edited by Vermillion21

Prime and Megatron were both okay, but I'm absolutely loving War for Cybertron's Starscream. Legs are a little chunky and he could use some null rays, but everything else about him seems to be hitting the right notes.

Looks like a mix between Cybertron Soundwave (Stealthy... Spacy... Bomber... thing) and Animated Blitzwing. Bot mode is neat though, and I'm liking what they say about giving him something of an origin story.

I am eagerly awaiting all the trappings that WFC brings to the table. Hell, I might even buy a next-gen console because of it.

Ok...so...I've tentatively decided to get back into Transformers.

However -I've decided to mix things up.

I'm a fan of the original Marvel comics MAINLY (both US and particularly UK). I have just about all of the Titan paperbacks and really love them.

I'm not ever going to collect "lines" again. Particularly since there is no scale anyways - it doesn't really matter whether I have a Transformers from this line or that line.

I'm gonna focus on characters. So - probably will pick up TT NEST Bludgeon and Lockdown. MAYBE Barricade since I liked him from the TF Movie.

Nothing else from ROTF interests me.

Now comes the big descision though...

Which Optimus Prime should I pick up?

From the MP line - I seem to think that only Grimlock makes sense. He's also the right size to play with other regular TFs...

I probably need a Prowl...

and it would be nice if they FINALLY made a Nightbeat. The Energon repaint that was a Botcon exclusive totally doesn't cut it.

Most of the Henkeis are horrible. Maybe Octane is ok. But I don't like the necks on Prowl and Bluestreak, and Hotrod just looks way too bulky.

But yeah...which Optimus Prime should I pick? Really a touch decision... I dunno...

Maybe Mega PVC Optimus Prime :lol::) He LOOKS just right!

Uh...the headache...

maybe I shouldn't get back into Transformers after all...

Pete

Ok...so...I've tentatively decided to get back into Transformers.

However -I've decided to mix things up.

I'm a fan of the original Marvel comics MAINLY (both US and particularly UK). I have just about all of the Titan paperbacks and really love them.

I'm not ever going to collect "lines" again. Particularly since there is no scale anyways - it doesn't really matter whether I have a Transformers from this line or that line.

I'm gonna focus on characters. So - probably will pick up TT NEST Bludgeon and Lockdown. MAYBE Barricade since I liked him from the TF Movie.

Nothing else from ROTF interests me.

Now comes the big descision though...

Which Optimus Prime should I pick up?

From the MP line - I seem to think that only Grimlock makes sense. He's also the right size to play with other regular TFs...

I probably need a Prowl...

and it would be nice if they FINALLY made a Nightbeat. The Energon repaint that was a Botcon exclusive totally doesn't cut it.

Most of the Henkeis are horrible. Maybe Octane is ok. But I don't like the necks on Prowl and Bluestreak, and Hotrod just looks way too bulky.

But yeah...which Optimus Prime should I pick? Really a touch decision... I dunno...

Maybe Mega PVC Optimus Prime :lol::) He LOOKS just right!

Uh...the headache...

maybe I shouldn't get back into Transformers after all...

Pete

Well for Primes I can't recommend MP Prime enough, but it's size does limit the choices of Transformers that looks good next to him besides MP Megatron without Prime towering over them. There is the smaller "bootleg" version of MP Prime which does look good next to MP Grimlock, the MP Seekers and some Classics figures but I guess it depends on your view of paying almost MP Prime prices for a "knock off". For cartoon accurate Primes the Metalforce Prime is as close as you can get but then again it has limited articulation, doesn't transform, and is the same size as MP Prime. Some of the Alternators/Binaltech Transformers like Jazz and Bluestreak are some of the best versions of the characters since the originals. But I agree the choices can be daunting but the good thing with Transformers is that you have a wide variety to choose from.

post-5693-1261609823_thumb.jpg

post-5693-1261609921_thumb.jpg