Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Luckily I did not buy the YF-30 when it was 17k yen back in August from Akiba Jungle.

Argh, I think I am collecting too many lines at the moment.

RD Dunbine - completionist

Metal Build - semi completionist

Frontier Delta VFs - semi completionist

Arcadia - semi completionist post 2015

Threezero - some designs only

Diaclone Reboot - Just started

Super Robot Chogokin - some designs

Nice to see another Dunbine collector. ;) I love Dunbine since the 80's and I didn't have any good figures before except 1 Billbine kit which I already throw it out before. And I'm planning on getting all the regular releases. The exclusive ones which is just repaints, no. But if it's a all new figure, then yes. But any repaints, not on my list. And I also collect regular releases too for L-Gaims. :)

• 2 weeks later...

But like you said on the podcast, the character designer worked on Capcom's E.X. Troopers and it's peculiar that that affiliation is one of the only snippets spelled out in both the teaser and staff listing currently on the show's website.

That's reading too much into it. It's the only thing being pointed out because its the only major work that the artist has ever done and CAPCOM is a big name developer.

The current situation of games for the franchise is interesting. Both potential and concern given current market realities and developers.

Wish I could say more, sorry.

Edited by Tochiro

• 2 weeks later...

Trailer for the upcoming Macross Delta TV special on Dec 31.

http://macross.jp/movie/

And an interesting tidbit in that clip too. The Regults firing and the 31 swooping in appear to be from the same battle. It could be cut to look like they're firing on the 31 when they aren't but there's no denying that skyline is the same in both clips.

More Blu-ray teases!!

http://www.voice-style.jp/archives/6244

Oh my god, now I want to buy these A MILLION TIMES OVER! ;)

Who's on the DYRL audio commentary? Mika Doi, Akira Kamiya, Show Hayami, Eri Takeda, Yasunori Honda, Shoji Kawamori, Kazutaka Miyatake, Haruhiko Mikimoto, Toshihiro Hirano, Narumi Kakunouchi and Ryusuke Hikawa having his work cut out as the MC!! :D:pB)):lol:

And even Shinji Higuchi took a break from directing the new Godzilla remake to chat about Macross Plus with Itano!! :o

Delta?? What's that?!?! ^_^

I guess I've found something interesting!

It's from Great Mechanics - Summer G

Early GBP-1S Design!

http://i.hizliresim.com/o8Nlk2.jpg

Already reported by yours truly earlier in this topic: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30860&p=1204975

Also, that image can be found in Macross Perfect Memory on Pg 240 (albeit covered in a grey tone and at a somewhat smaller size).

Edited by sketchley

Great Mechanics G: 2015 Winter
Released: 2015.12.18

http://www.futabasha.co.jp/booksdb/book/bookview/978-4-575-46491-7.html?c=50200&o=date&

ISBN978-4-575-46491-7.jpg

Macross/Kawamori Content

Macross Delta/Kawamori regular column (Listen to Mr. Kawamori!) (4 colour pages)
Both the VF-31 (Battroid & Fighter) and Sv-262 (Fighter only) appear, along with various screen shots, and comparisons between the VF-31 and YF-30. There's also a section pointing out the appearance of the Macross Quarter ("Battle Class"), Rigaado, Guraaji, and Destroid Cheyenne.
I don't believe that any of the images are previously unreleased ones, but it's nice to have non-jpeg/non-screen grab images.

Scanlation: in the section comparing the YF-30 and the VF-31, it says something along the lines of: "Although the YF-30 has a transformation mechanism that is simpler than the VF-25, the VF-31 was planned with a simplified nose* revolution axis." (Although the text refers to the aircraft's nose, the accompanying image is focused on the part (of the nose) that becomes the hip/torso assembly on the YF-30).

Image assessment: there appear to be 3 micro-missile launcher ports on each leg/engine nacelle on the VF-31. There are a pair of things that look very similar to the fold-out guns on the VF-31 located behind the cockpit on the Sv-262 (where the head lasers are traditionally located). It'll be interesting to see what those details are in Battroid mode (does the fuselage hump behind the cockpit become the head, like the VF-22, or is it composed of the parts that become the arms?).

Aquarion Rogosu (2x colour, 2x B&W pages)

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-25F/S Super Messiah (1/8 B&W page mini-review)

... and as Star Wars is wherever you look this Winter, it also makes an appearance in this magazine.

Edited by sketchley

Thanks, sketchley! Appreciate the fighter only note for the draken (to manage expectations)! Interesting idea about the fuselage hump! I'm hoping that it won't be the head...

The Bandai Chogokin (?) images in the Macross Delta discussion thread provide a few more clues (but nothing clear): the things on the fuselage hump have a pivot joint in the middle, implying that they fold upwards - and the joint is appears to be designed to have those things end up flush to the fuselage hump. It doesn't look like there is a seam line in the middle of that hump, either.

At the coming next WoderFest 2016 in Feb, the Macross booth will appear. The latest news, the latest Macross Modelers' items will be exhibited there. And the stage event will also be held.

post-14942-0-06682500-1451560598_thumb.jpg

On the March 21st, 2016, a Macross Delta related event will be held at a certain theater.

The episode 1 and 2 will be screened there.

The talk by the staffs of MD and the stage event of Minori Suzuki will be held.

The tickets are now on sale until Jan 14, 2016.

post-14942-0-18149700-1451561113_thumb.jpg